Petrino was just on TV talking with announcers at AK game.

dirtybird7181 (1/1/2008)
I missed the BP interview, what did the COWARD/LIAR/HIPOCRIT say???????

He said he couldn't be happier than at AK. Same thing he said when he signed a 10 year deal with Louisville. Same thing he said when he signed with the Falcons. The same thing he'll say when he takes his next job.

The DAY he was hired, this board was screaming that their HC position had been exponentially upgraded. Without ever seeing a snap, without a single offseason practice.

Maybe you guys can learn from this. Start out skeptical, and objective, wait a little time before you predict a playoff berth.

dirtybird7181 (1/1/2008)
It would be funny if Arkansas was the only SEC team to lose their Bowl game this year.

the probably will be. UGA is not going to sleep on Hawaii, because a win here would put us in the top 5 for next year. UF will probably beat mich. LSU is going to beat Ohio State.

To be honest, Corsair, I think that's the nature of the beast.

I prefer optimism. Yes, you can guard that a little bit and have some realistic expectations, but there's nothing like the hiring of a new coach to bring hope.

But I do think most Falcon fans will be a little more guarded this time... however, there will be plenty of excitement when the new coach is announced.

I just saw the two most disgusting interviews since Courtney Love's "Drunken Stuper". Arkansas new head coach in the booth while the current head coach is still on the field, and Michigan's new head coach in the booth while the current head coach in on the field. It's just not right man. And Petrino, what an A$$. He's like "yeah I'm looking forward to working with this coaching staff...blah blah blah. (Till he get a loss or two, then it's off too the Canadian football league. Again, what an A$$!!!

Quiksilverly (1/1/2008)
I just saw the two most disgusting interviews since Courtney Love's "Drunken Stuper". Arkansas new head coach in the booth while the current head coach is still on the field, and Michigan's new head coach in the booth while the current head coach in on the field. It's just not right man. And Petrino, what an A$$. He's like "yeah I'm looking forward to working with this coaching staff...blah blah blah. (Till he get a loss or two, then it's off too the Canadian football league. Again, what an A$$!!!

Actually Arkansas coach is an interim coach. Remember Nutt is at Ole Miss now.

The Cush (1/1/2008)

I prefer optimism. Yes, you can guard that a little bit and have some realistic expectations, but there's nothing like the hiring of a new coach to bring hope.

But I do think most Falcon fans will be a little more guarded this time... however, there will be plenty of excitement when the new coach is announced.

I'm sure there will be, especially around here. When I saw Petrino I first thought "Well, this guy is better than Mora"... (and I still think he was, he just got "the impossible team") but I was telling everyone to calm down, you haven't even seen his team yet. I was dismissed.

These weren't expectations I was seeing, it was predictions. Despite a nightmare scenario for a franchise, I saw the most woeful predictions. I mean, come on... peel it the ##### down. :cool:

Corsair (1/1/2008)
The Cush (1/1/2008)

I'm sure there will be, especially around here. When I saw Petrino I first thought "Well, this guy is better than Mora"... (and I still think he was, he just got "the impossible team") but I was telling everyone to calm down, you haven't even seen his team yet. I was dismissed.

These weren't expectations I was seeing, it was predictions. Despite a nightmare scenario for a franchise, I saw the most woeful predictions. I mean, come on... peel it the ##### down. :cool:

Yeah, because Tampon Bay fans are always realistic....:rolleyes:

Sell out your playoff game before you try to lecture anyone on proper fan behavior.

Corsair (1/1/2008)
The Cush (1/1/2008)

Falcon fans will almost always see the negative side for Tampa, and we surely can expect the same for the opposite. ;)

Quiksilverly (1/1/2008)

what are you talking about. houston nutt is in Ole Miss. loyd carr is probably out chillin somewhere.

In addition to that rosy personality, the guy was a complete jerk - he treated people so poorly around the office. He verbally abused people over things they couldn't control...he ruled by intimidation, to the point where no one wanted to even get near him.

And he treated grown men like children, making up petty rules by which we had to abide on road trips. It was a complete joke. He was a complete joke.

Moderator (1/1/2008)
In addition to that rosy personality, the guy was a complete jerk - he treated people so poorly around the office. He verbally abused people over things they couldn't control...he ruled by intimidation, to the point where no one wanted to even get near him.

And he treated grown men like children, making up petty rules by which we had to abide on road trips. It was a complete joke. He was a complete joke.

i can see your glad to get that off your chest. lol i wish you told us this before, because then i wouldnt have beeen on the petrino bandwagon.

Corsair (1/1/2008)
The DAY he was hired, this board was screaming that their HC position had been exponentially upgraded. Without ever seeing a snap, without a single offseason practice.

Maybe you guys can learn from this. Start out skeptical, and objective, wait a little time before you predict a playoff berth.

....Because everyone here liked him? Many of us were skeptical and unhappy with a college coach.

Moderator (1/1/2008)

Without trying to put you in a bad spot (much!), did anyone ever sit him down (i.e., McKay) and try and settle him down? I know it has been reported in the media that players tried to talk to him about the team and came away feeling like he hadn't heard a word they said. Was the same thing happening in the office, too?

I think we just need to collectively give thanks that he is gone; unfortunately, from everything we are learning now, he handled his depature with the same class he handled everything else on a day-to-day basis. Regardless, he is gone and we should be happy about that.

Moderator (1/1/2008)

Hey Mod..... "he treated people so poorly around the office"???

"making up petty rules by which we had to abide on road trips"??

You're telling me this went deeper than just the players? Did we (you may not be at liberty to answer) do any kind of background check on this guy? Surely he didn't just show up in Atlanta a completely different person. You had to follow some of his rules?

Well I don't know your position and I guess it's safe to say the players were his and therefore some of his rules may have affected you, blah blah blah... what am I saying?

We just hired this guy and knew this is the way he is before we hired him. No wonder we're looking for a GM, or are we? Somebody has to be held accountable for the total lack of competence in making such a decision. Looks like McKay is the fall guy on that one.