Sedrick Ellis

We all know that Glenn Dorsey is projected to be the first DT taken, but where does Sedrick Ellis fall in? Is there a way for us to get him somewhere in the mid first to early second? Could trading down for additional picks enable us to get him? I like the guy better than Dorsey and think he'll be better than Dorsey. Putting him between Rod and either Jamaal or Abe could pay HUGE dividends. It all starts up front, and playing a 4-3, we could have a beast of a D-Line with those 4 plugged in. Blowing the line up and producing sacks could give us a little promise to at least keep the opponent's score down for our sputtering offense. I'd like to be able to keep our first pick, and add another pick to take Sedrick, but I don't forsee it happening. I can't see him dropping outside of the top 8.

I think it's like the previous poster said. It all comes down to how he performs at the combine, and especially how he measures out. If he measures out at 6'1'', 305, like he's listed, and shows explosive quickness and agillity....he goes in the top 7...hopefully to us. If he measure out about 5'11'', 290.....he might fall to the late teens...no way does he go round 2, regardless of what happens at the combine, barring a major felony offense, or emotional breakdown or serious injury.

He looks very good against Illinois. I don't think he's a dominator, but looks like a probowl caliber disruptor for the next 10 years. He really uses his hands well, and is very alert, in addition to his physical gifts.

Yeah I get more and more excited thinking about the draft. We have potential to get someone great. Ellis is going to go in the top 10 for sure. I just hope we have no shot at McFadden so we can focus on someone who will be a huge part of the puzzle on D. Ellis, Lauranitis, one of the OT's,