5-9

Weight

CL-EXP

Sr

Hometown

Canton

Previous School

Cherokee County

i know some of these might not fall but we can hope and hoping is good for the soul

comments

Wheeler in 4 and Steltz in 5 is a pipedream.

Both could go round 2-3 in this draft.

Bruce Davis will be a OLB in the NFL. He would be a great 3-4 pass rush OLB. He isnt very strong in space, but has great pass rush instincts. He would get manhandled as a DE, especially in the run game.

I would be all for those names on our team though for the most part. I dont think a guy like Forte is needed here. I dont know that he is any better than Snelling. Snelling was rated higher last season, but slipped due to his health concerns (epilepsy).

"Didn't we learn our lesson last night about QB's that play in low talent divisions against weak competition????????????????????"

totally different. Brennan plays in a run n' shoot offense, which undoubtedly inflates his stats. Flacco plays in a pro-like offense, if I'm not mistaken. Flacco also has a great arm, great size, and can stand in the pocket and deliver the ball down field.

A Flacco profile from a very good source. They hit 83% predicting the NFL Draft last year. I think this says it all.

Joe Flacco QB Delaware

STRENGTHS

Joe is a big, tall QB with a very strong arm. He can make all the throws and does a decent job at the college level of moving in the pocket. Joe is a pure drop back QB the kind the pro s love to work with and develop. He looks, acts and is a clone of Vinnie Testerverde (QB for the fill in a team here ). He runs the offense the very same way and has the same arm strength. If someone told me that Joe was Vinnie s son, I would believe it without question. Football-wise, the kid is a clone of Vinnie.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Joe has some significant flaws in his play on the field that will be magnified at the next level. He cannot take pressure in the pocket. Pressure affects his delivery and causes him to make bad decisions. Pressure causes Joe to lose accuracy and when Joe moves out of the pocket, he loses the ability to throw touch passes. Joe also lacks the real leadership quailities that will be needed for the next level. He is not ready for the big time and may never be the QB his arm strength suggests that he can be.

TALENT BOARD ROUND 5

Joe is a teaser. He is just like that beautiful girl across the room that keeps looking at you, but once you go up to her you find out it wasn t you she was flirting with it was the guy behind you! Joe is a pure drop back QB with a powerful arm. He is tall and has good size, but the problem is that Joe cannot perform and lead when the play all around him breaks down. He looks the part and that in itself is deceiving. He will be an excellent back-up QB, but if he plays any more than four games in a row, his negatives will rear their ugly heads and your team will start to lose. Joe, because of his size and arm strength, is a coach killer. It s just that simple. He does not have the mental strength to be a starting NFL QB, but will be an excellent fantasy QB. He will get you all the stats you want, but he will not be able to win the big game because he is an emotional flight risk once he is pressured in the pocket. You can develop a player s natural athletic talent, if it exists. You can develop a player s natural instincts, if they exist. But you cannot develop a player who does not have these abilities in the first place. Joe does not have the instincts or the leadership qualities to be a 16 game do whatever it takes type of QB for the next level. The good thing about it is that Joe will not be a 1st round pick and forced to do what he is not capable of doing because he has a great arm. If Joe is taken in the later rounds, he can improve his game at his own pace and become a **** of a back up QB for the team that drafts him.

scott24falcs (1/2/2008)
"Didn't we learn our lesson last night about QB's that play in low talent divisions against weak competition????????????????????"

totally different. Brennan plays in a run n' shoot offense, which undoubtedly inflates his stats. Flacco plays in a pro-like offense, if I'm not mistaken. Flacco also has a great arm, great size, and can stand in the pocket and deliver the ball down field.

spot on, the only knock on Flacco so far is that he has a tendancy to hold the ball to long so could struggle to adjust to the speed of the NFL it has been said that this is due to him beliveing that he has the size to shake of pass rushers, only the things ive read that have been a knock against him but if we sit him and coach him correctly hes going to be a great prospect

scott24falcs (1/2/2008)
I would like to know where that scouting report comes from. Also you say they hit 83% in last year's draft. If by that you mean out of all 200+ picks, they got 83% of them correct, then I'm calling BS on that one.

You're right. It's not a percentage. It's a score. But Rich Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News had the top score and the Huddle Report was 2nd. This profile came from the Huddle Report.

well i cant veiw some of the Huddle reports stuff but on their free mock dated 13/12/2007 the have NE picking 2nd from SF granted but SF was not picking 2nd when they dated this so this leads me to doubt them unless it was a trade but there is no explanation for this

fideltom (1/2/2008)
well i cant veiw some of the Huddle reports stuff but on their free mock dated 13/12/2007 the have NE picking 2nd from SF granted but SF was not picking 2nd when they dated this so this leads me to doubt them unless it was a trade but there is no explanation for this

NE owns SF first round pick this year, because of a trade in the 2007 draft. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

fideltom (1/2/2008)

Yah, I understand but I think that's just something that they threw together to try and get people interested in the site. I mean for $9.99 for the year, it's not a bad deal at all. And they guys will totally write you back if you have questions or disagreements with their analysis. It's pretty cool.

jamnesiac34 (1/2/2008)
fideltom (1/2/2008)

Yah, I understand but I think that's just something that they threw together to try and get people interested in the site. I mean for $9.99 for the year, it's not a bad deal at all. And they guys will totally write you back if you have questions or disagreements with their analysis. It's pretty cool.

That's pretty neat.

MSalmon (1/2/2008)
do you newbies simply copy other mocks and put together? Honestly, do you think with any coach we'll draft all lineman? A bunch of rookie lineman and a project QB, coupled w/ a small school rb--wow what an improvement

Is there something wrong with your mind . im the doctor biaatch. I thought you should also know that when the board switched over i lost my screen name and started over with my real name. I actually had the same amount of post as you x 10:w00t: All i have to say is Get real

7a9e661a6b9faf3261509e4c4145da93.jpg

MSalmon (1/2/2008)
do you newbies simply copy other mocks and put together? Honestly, do you think with any coach we'll draft all lineman? A bunch of rookie lineman and a project QB, coupled w/ a small school rb--wow what an improvement

Is there something wrong with your mind . im the doctor biaatch. I thought you should also know that when the board switched over i lost my screen name and started over with my real name. I actually had the same amount of post as you x 10:w00t: All i have to say is Get real

7a9e661a6b9faf3261509e4c4145da93.jpg

scott24falcs (1/2/2008)
fideltom (1/2/2008)

NE owns SF first round pick this year, because of a trade in the 2007 draft. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

yhea i know it was a trade i and NE gets SF first pick but SF have never had thes econd overall pick so i just didn't understand why the site which is apparently so good could have made a mistake byshowing NE picking second overall insteadof around the 6th/7th pick which would have been more acurate for the time that they put the mock together.