We've got a dilemma

It has been said numerous times that we will hire a GM before we hire a HC. As of now, I have heard of no one that we plan on interviewing for our GM spot, but yet, we are interviewing for HC. Now, say for instance we interview, 2 or 3 people for HC spot this week, and say we finally hire a GM next week, isnt that GM gonna want input on HC spot and therefore, want to re interview some of the people we already interviewed? Well by waiting until after the playoffs to re interview some of these people, we are going to be way behind the 8 ball, especially behind those teams such as Balt, ans possibly Miami if they fire Cameron, that already have GMs in place.

Also, how many people are going to want to interview right now, with no GM in place? Maybe that is why Garrett has not agreed to an interview.

For a team that should be ahead of the game, because we've been without a coach the last 3 weeks, i still feel that we are behind everyone else that may be looking....

sorry for the ramble..its just been bugging me

This has me perplexed as well. Could it be assumed by the way this is playing out so far that AB already has a GM? I know speculating is futile, but it does seem to be a possibility since, as you say, nothing at all has been mentioned about interviewing GM's--it is all coaches names coming up. Just a thought.

I agree w/ you AndrewsCain....

very odd indeed. Makes me wonder if Accorsi has wiggled himself into the Falcons GM position?

The AJC did give the "list" of some potential GM candidates - i was not crazy about any of them - some guy from Kansas City (lord knows they have had AWFUL drafts of late) and Ron Wolf (this guy is "dirt" old).

Also, does Atlanta have to wait until after playoffs to interview potential GMs that work for playoff teams? I don't see why since GM's are not actively involved in gameplans and the like.....any thoughts on that?

maybe he has someone already...but the way no one can keep a secret in the NFL, i doubt it...or unless he names a GM today, i think these interviews are moot. Think about this...is SF fires Nolan today or tommorrow, and Miami fires Cameron today...they will be in position to immediatelyinterview and hire a coach immediately (someone of course not in playoffs)

I just think we are going to be picking the bottom of the barrell...so to speak

I said this last week and I agree that we need to be interviewing for a GM now. Look how

Parcells did yesterday, he fired the GM instantly and I assume they will be hiring one soon.

You really don't hear them talking about a HC as much as the GM. Could Blank be looking to

hire Accorsi or whatever his name is? It kind of makes me wonder. Probably why he didn't

respond to Gil Brandt when he offered help.

g-dawg (1/1/2008)
I agree w/ you AndrewsCain....

very odd indeed. Makes me wonder if Accorsi has wiggled himself into the Falcons GM position?

The AJC did give the "list" of some potential GM candidates - i was not crazy about any of them - some guy from Kansas City (lord knows they have had AWFUL drafts of late) and Ron Wolf (this guy is "dirt" old).

It would all make sense if they gave the whole package

to somebody like Shottenheimer. McKay would still be

around to take some of the load. It could explain it.

i really hope its not accorsi(sp)....i would rather see Reeves as GM...and i wouldnt be thrilled about that either.

I remember thinking years ago, when we didnt hire Ruskell to be the GM that we would regret it. Then when Seattle hired him from us, I really had a stronger feeling that we would regret it........

Now i think we regret it

i dont think its true, but if Accorsi were really our "secret" GM as of right now and anyone really wants to find something out about this guy....read "The GM" by Tom Callahan....

I bought the book the day after Christmas because I want to be a GM someday, and the book is very interesting....

this guy is a great evaluator of talent, but not just talent....character, integrity, and overall good men...definately a must read if he really becomes our GM...

with that being said, i doubt he will be our GM....but i'm sure he will give the insight AB needs to hire someone of quality that will do good things for the organization

As far as talent evaluation goes, the assistant GM for San Diego (Nix) and the guy from Green Bay (McKenzie, I think - not sure what his actual job title is) deserve close looks. Both of those teams have been drafting very well lately and the people involved in that would be welcome here. We need to be getting better value for our picks, especially since we have such a great opportunity this year to make strides towards improving our situation greatly with all the picks we've got.

Direwolf

I think it's a possibility that we have a GM lined up, but they are currently with a playoff team and don't want to make the annoucement until after the playoffs, so they can avoid a distraction for their current team. If this is the case, I'm sure the coaching candidates we are bringing in will be made aware of who we have at GM.