Sean Payton = Jim Mora

falconchef

WhenFalconsWin (12/31/2007)
falconchef (12/31/2007)
Can't wait to see you Aints at 7-9 next year!

Well actually Mora has done a little better job than Payton! Mora's first season was 11-5 resting players his last two games of the first season (Payton 10-6), they both lost in the NFCCG, Mora came back with an 8-8 season (Payton 7-9) so it is close but Mora has the edge! See people have figured Payton out, just as I said they would after his first season...they can't sneak up on anyone one...Mora however, had a lack of WR talent his last two seasons and that hampered their overall winning pct.!

And a horrible O-line, and the Division was better then it is now. But we will see how Payton turns out. Mora's downfall was loyalty to certain players and loyalty to his coaching staff.

• 2 weeks later...
Bloodhoundz Reborn (12/31/2007)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

And a horrible O-line, and the Division was better then it is now. But we will see how Payton turns out. Mora's downfall was loyalty to certain players and loyalty to his coaching staff.

My beef with Mora wasnt the fact that he was loyal...thats straight...but he just made very dumb comments and obviously had issues making changes as a coach.

ki45toryu (1/9/2008)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

My beef with Mora wasnt the fact that he was loyal...thats straight...but he just made very dumb comments and obviously had issues making changes as a coach.

Like father, like son.

Mora Sr. was quoted as saying "diddly-poo" in a news conference (among all the other YouTube clips of Mora freaking out)

He steadfastly refused to switch out his Offensive Coordinator Carl "run, run, pass, fg" Smith and it eventually cost him his job.

615saint (1/10/2008)
ki45toryu (1/9/2008)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

Like father, like son.

Mora Sr. was quoted as saying "diddly-poo" in a news conference (among all the other YouTube clips of Mora freaking out)

He steadfastly refused to switch out his Offensive Coordinator Carl "run, run, pass, fg" Smith and it eventually cost him his job.

Like father like son indeed.

WhenFalconsWin (1/10/2008)
Little Jimmy wasn't quite as colorful!

What? He was only there 3 years and he was already kissing his players. Can you imagine what he would have been doing after he'd been there 5 or 6 years?

The GA dome would have been no place for kids - I can tell you that.

ki45toryu (1/9/2008)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

Yup, pretty much.

• 2 years later...
Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Sorry, but NO one is as big of a punka$ coach as Jr! Has anyone seen Sean Payton do this?juniortantrum0kl.gif

I've seen my 3 year old granddaughter do it. But, that's about it.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I was exaggerating..........she's 6.

Edited by jb aka johnnybuc

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Payton has propelled himself into a top coach in the NFL.

For the time being.........remember, NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG.

I guess winning a SB can make the mediocre years seem forgettable. In hindsight, it's easy to say that the statements in this thread were wrong. At the time, Payton went from 11-5, to barely cracking .500 2yrs in a row, so back then these were accurate points based on the Saints performance....at the time.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I guess winning a SB can make the mediocre years seem forgettable. In hindsight, it's easy to say that the statements in this thread were wrong. At the time, Payton went from 11-5, to barely cracking .500 2yrs in a row, so back then these were accurate points based on the Saints performance....at the time.

Yes, They were!

Well the truth has a way of coming to light. Just wish some of you falcons fans would wait for that truth before you put your feet in your mouth's.

i can see where it can be a problem when a coach takes a team that sucked and has a great first season. It's harder to identify problems plus that guarantees the coordinators at least another couple years even if they are a part of the problem. Payton gave his chosen coordinators a chance (which they earned after winning the NFC South in 2006) and when things went down instead of up, he made a move. It wasn't just DC...there were several positional coaches let go at RB, OL, DL, and WR.

Well the truth has a way of coming to light. Just wish some of you falcons fans would wait for that truth before you put your feet in your mouth's.

I wouldn't go to far to say that we were working with truth. The truth at the time...was the saints had an above .500 season in 06 followed by 2 under .500 seasons. Your on fan base couldn't believe the amazing year that you had, so how could we as rivals have the same optimism?

I wouldn't go to far to say that we were working with truth. The truth at the time...was the saints had an above .500 season in 06 followed by 2 under .500 seasons. Your on fan base couldn't believe the amazing year that you had, so how could we as rivals have the same optimism?

I think everyone's fan base has a few people in it thinking not to highly of their teams at the start of the season. I knew the Saints were going to have a better yr wasn't predicting the SB, but I knew we would win the division, I knew Ryan would progress this year, the Panther's QB Delhomme would be terrible, because I always thought he was. This coming season I predict the Saints to win the division again, not because I am a homer, but because of Brees the guy is amazing. He also has a taste for victory now, so I see us repeating as the champs of the south.

i can see where it can be a problem when a coach takes a team that sucked and has a great first season. It's harder to identify problems plus that guarantees the coordinators at least another couple years even if they are a part of the problem. Payton gave his chosen coordinators a chance (which they earned after winning the NFC South in 2006) and when things went down instead of up, he made a move. It wasn't just DC...there were several positional coaches let go at RB, OL, DL, and WR.

True, you should give coaches at least a 5yr time line to implement their vision, unless they do something stupid and the owner loses confidence in them...ie Mora jr with Blank. Payton made some bold moves to not only have a winning season but to win the SB, which was impressive. Like you said GW was a given, but I was must impressed with your OL coach. Even with injuries, that group didn't miss a beat.

Yeah, that Gregg Willaims clown sure is overrated :lol:

No! Falcons fans are just known to make some of the most idiotic statements based on taunting. And then have to latter take their feet out of their mouth's. Like this thread. And statements like these: Sharper will be another target for Ryan, Greg Williams will do nothing to make our defense better.

No! Falcons fans are just known to make some of the most idiotic statements based on taunting. And then have to latter take their feet out of their mouth's. Like this thread. And statements like these: Sharper will be another target for Ryan, Greg Williams will do nothing to make our defense better.

I don't think this is unique to Falcon fans, I think all fanbases have fans that make statements that could be idiotic. However, there's a difference between taunting and estimating on how a player/coach will perform.

1) Sharper - Good career, but did you not watch him play for Minny before coming to the Saints? He played ok the following two years and looked like a player on the downside of his career. Positive note, last year he had a phenomenal yr, and played in a scheme best suited for his skills. Secondly, why haven't you guys resigned him yet? I would assume you would've by now, but maybe the coaching staff and FO know something we don't.

2) GW - His reputation(positive only)as a HC/Def coordinator was pretty well known, but his last 2 stints at def cord, were not so good. Remember, 2yrs prior, he was the def cord for the Skins and was mentioned to take over as HC. Then all of a sudden they released him. Later in Jax, he was let go again. Two different teams in 2yrs, I guess the saying is true, the third time is a charm.

My point in these statements are not to say that they couldn't have performed well, but the possibilities could've gone either way. I applaud you for having faith in your team, but this is a Falcon's board and some of us wont share the same optimism you have for your team.

It's not unique to falcon fans. Ya'll just disproportionately do more of it. Not to say that about you.

1) You are the only falcon fan to use this kind of logic. Most of the others took a joke approach based on the 08 season.

2) GW does have a reputation, but he has never had as good an offense. We knew that all we needed was a mid-level defense to make a SB run and we got more than that. Logic that most falcon fans don't use because they are too busy stuck in 08 and making puns.

Not to mention the other people we bought in. Mostly Greer.