Javon Walker: Broncos are "not for me"

FalconMama

By Bill Williamson The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 12/31/2007 11:11:42 AM MST

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 1002 balls.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

Walker needs to get his act together. He left GB because he wanted to be paid like a #1, and I am guessing he felt that Favre wasn't the QB he wanted. So he goes to Denver, who gambles on him after a knee injury, and now wants to leave after one bad season.......

He's trying to find a reason to leave the Broncos. He wanted out a year ago after Darrent Williams died in his arms.

I don't have anything against the guy for it, he just can't deal with death well and wants to get the feelings out and leave the city where it happened.

FalconMama (12/31/2007)

By Bill Williamson The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 12/31/2007 11:11:42 AM MST

Javon Walker dropped the first bomb of the Broncos' offseason this morning.

In a rambling briefing with the press, Walker essentially said he longer wants to be with the Broncos.

"It's not for Javon," Walker said. "It's not for me."

Walker bounced and back and forth and said that he'll do whatever the Broncos decide but he concluded by saying that being here is not for him.

Walker even suggested a return to Green Bay. The Broncos acquired him from the Packers in April 2006 for a second round draft choice.

Walker was unhappy with the Packers when he was dealt.

Walker missed seven games this season with a knee injury and second-year player Brandon Marshall flourished, catching 1002 balls.

Walker has $5.4 million in option bonus money coming to him this year and the team was planning on keeping him. However, after his bombshell, the team will likely seriously consider parting ways.

that is a crazy stat