Hall, other Falcons plan trip to visit YKW in Prison.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3174657

ATLANTA -- Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he and other players plan to visit quarterback Michael Vick in prison early in the new year.

Hall says "a couple of guys" will probably make the visit in the next week or so, now that the team's season is over.

"Probably in the next week or so," Hall said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I think a couple guys are going to go up there to Virginia, get a chance to go see him. We all talked about [doing it] when the season was over. The season is over. We'll try to formulate a plan to get up there to see him."

On Dec. 10, Vick was sentenced to 23 months in custody after pleading guilty to federal charges related to dogfighting.

Before the sentencing, tight end Alge Crumpler and other players had said they wanted to visit Vick at a holding facility, but visiting rules were limited.

Hall said it would be tough to see Vick in prison, but it may be even harder for the star quarterback to see Falcons team members.

"It's probably going to be real tough for him. I know when I spoke to him before training camp started, being told he wasn't going to be able to come to training camp crushed him. He loved this team more than anything," Hall said, according to the Journal-Constitution.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Loved his team for than anything...... more than DOGFIGHTING????

I guess not.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirtybird7181 (12/31/2007)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3174657

ATLANTA -- Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he and other players plan to visit quarterback Michael Vick in prison early in the new year.

Hall says "a couple of guys" will probably make the visit in the next week or so, now that the team's season is over.

"Probably in the next week or so," Hall said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I think a couple guys are going to go up there to Virginia, get a chance to go see him. We all talked about [doing it] when the season was over. The season is over. We'll try to formulate a plan to get up there to see him."

On Dec. 10, Vick was sentenced to 23 months in custody after pleading guilty to federal charges related to dogfighting.

Before the sentencing, tight end Alge Crumpler and other players had said they wanted to visit Vick at a holding facility, but visiting rules were limited.

Hall said it would be tough to see Vick in prison, but it may be even harder for the star quarterback to see Falcons team members.

"It's probably going to be real tough for him. I know when I spoke to him before training camp started, being told he wasn't going to be able to come to training camp crushed him. He loved this team more than anything," Hall said, according to the Journal-Constitution.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Loved his team for than anything...... more than DOGFIGHTING????

I guess not.

This thread will turn into a pumpkin at midnight and will probably end up in ABF by 12:01 AM!:w00t:

Why all this loyalty to a guy who F@#*ed all of them, and us?? Free agents like Joe Horn came to play with him. Quitrino came to specifically coach him in the offense. Abraham came to be on a winning team, and get more balls back to the offense. Fans filled the stands to watch him. Then HE destroyed it all. All by himself. Again, I ask: Why the loyalty?

falconchef (12/31/2007)
Why all this loyalty to a guy who F@#*ed all of them, and us?? Free agents like Joe Horn came to play with him. Quitrino came to specifically coach him in the offense. Abraham came to be on a winning team, and get more balls back to the offense. Fans filled the stands to watch him. Then HE destroyed it all. All by himself. Again, I ask: Why the loyalty?

We didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years with Vick so I'm struggling to see how he destroyed the team. Maybe you want to look at how the Front Office built this team and then see who really has messed this team up. Considering that this team hasn't been good for the last 2 years I would say Vick didn't destroy anything but his potentially bright career.

falconchef (12/31/2007)

Maybe because he's their friend and he didn't intend to cause harm on the franchise or them?

mr pickle (12/31/2007)
Look, they're probably just bringing over some lube and soap-on-a-rope, to make his time in prison a little less painful and humiliating.:hehe:

Speaking from personal experience?

I still til this day don't understand the reasoning behind gay jokes. Why would somebody want to imagine gay activities, well unless you're gay.

Lets not forget, 4 Falcons would have been called to testify about Vick's dog fighting activities. Now I'm not saying these guys are gonna show up and say thanks, I'm just saying there are some thankful Falcons somewhere.

Vick failed lie detector after lie detector. he ended up with a larger sentence than was asked for because the judge and the prosecutors didn't believe he was forthcoming with all info that he knew.

Vick, friend til the end.

Maybe because he's their friend and he didn't intend to cause harm on the franchise or them?
There is nothing wrong with going to see an ex-teammate in jail. Hall and Vick were friends, I would go see any of my friends in a similar situation.

Vick messed up. Period. He's paying for it

I agree on both points. Hate seems to blind you to certain things sometimes.

I still til this day don't understand the reasoning behind gay jokes. Why would somebody want to imagine gay activities, well unless you're gay.

Obviously you don't know prison life (And that's a good thing that you don't) 85% of prison population is very active in HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES - whether by choice or force - rape in prison happens all the time - I worked in the prison system for just under a year and during that time there were at least 30+ alleged rapes and over 100+ disciplenary actions taken against inmates for engaging in sexual acts with each other -- and the prison I worked in only housed 1300 inmates

Bloodhoundz Reborn (12/31/2007)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

We didn't make the playoffs the last 2 years with Vick so I'm struggling to see how he destroyed the team. Maybe you want to look at how the Front Office built this team and then see who really has messed this team up. Considering that this team hasn't been good for the last 2 years I would say Vick didn't destroy anything but his potentially bright career.

You're right on, Blood. Maybe I am off target. It's just that, watching yesterday's game, and the excitement from playing well was in all their eyes, and especially for someone like Joe Horn, who said he came specifically to play with MV, but all the rest of them knew that this could have been a special year in a POSITIVE way, with most of that hope riding on one very talented, special NFL player. We'll never get back what could have been this year.

BruceReville (12/31/2007)

Obviously you don't know prison life (And that's a good thing that you don't) 85% of prison population is very active in HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES - whether by choice or force - rape in prison happens all the time - I worked in the prison system for just under a year and during that time there were at least 30+ alleged rapes and over 100+ disciplenary actions taken against inmates for engaging in sexual acts with each other -- and the prison I worked in only housed 1300 inmates

Well I know there are homosexual activities in Jail I just don't get the fascination of joking about it like plenty do on this board.

falconchef (12/31/2007)
falconchef (12/31/2007)

You're right on, Blood. Maybe I am off target. It's just that, watching yesterday's game, and the excitement from playing well was in all their eyes, and especially for someone like Joe Horn, who said he came specifically to play with MV, but all the rest of them knew that this could have been a special year in a POSITIVE way, with most of that hope riding on one very talented, special NFL player. We'll never get back what could have been this year.

I agree good things definitely could of happened if he stayed focus and didn't get himself into this position. It's sad too that the FO couldn't take advantage of having a player that was talented as he was. If they were going to pay him like a Franchise qb they should of done a better job of building around him. Hopefully the FO has learned it's lesson and will now focus on building a complete team instead of hoping one guy will be our superman.

you people who posted on the 1st page are so stupid..just because vick is in jail doesnt mean teammates for 6 years stop communicating with him and being friends with him. **** yall are so stupid for even creating this thread. that jus shows you non black people dont know what goes on in the black community. you white people who call hall and others who want to go visit vick thugs should be banned from this board..how would u like if one of us black folks called yall crackers and honkies?

falconsstomp (12/31/2007)
you people who posted on the 1st page are so stupid..just because vick is in jail doesnt mean teammates for 6 years stop communicating with him and being friends with him. **** yall are so stupid for even creating this thread. that jus shows you non black people dont know what goes on in the black community. you white people who call hall and others who want to go visit vick thugs should be banned from this board..how would u like if one of us black folks called yall crackers and honkies?

I wasn't aware the the word thug was directly associated with a particular race.

BruceReville (12/31/2007)

Well I know there are homosexual activities in Jail I just don't get the fascination of joking about it like plenty do on this board.

I don't know about the fascination with it...I just consider it a fitting punishment for someone who tortured and killed dogs for pleasure...Karma, and all that.