goodbye brooking!!

according to the NFL network, brooking will be a 10million dollar cap hit next year!!!

10 million. it was nice and he really played hard but his cap figure far outweighs his value.

we will have to cut him because no team will trade for that cap figure. we will take a hit for that move but it will be better in the long run to get a REAL MLB in the to help stop the run and not tackle people 5-10 yards down the field. There are a few MLB in this draft who can come in and play not to mention free agents who we could get. with that move, along with gandy, and dunn we will have at least 25 million in cap room to make moves.

trubirdfan4life (12/31/2007)
according to the NFL network, brooking will be a 10million dollar cap hit next year!!!

10 million. it was nice and he really played hard but his cap figure far outweighs his value.

we will have to cut him because no team will trade for that cap figure. we will take a hit for that move but it will be better in the long run to get a REAL MLB in the to help stop the run and not tackle people 5-10 yards down the field. There are a few MLB in this draft who can come in and play not to mention free agents who we could get. with that move, along with gandy, and dunn we will have at least 25 million in cap room to make moves.

Not seeing the 25 million figure. There's dead money involved too. He must have an option bonus or something in there as there's only about 8 to 8.5 million accountable at this point...

dirtybird7181 (12/31/2007)
Keith Brooking

Thanks for your service.

Thanks for playing out of position for so many years and doing what your coaches asked of you.

You are a hometown hero, and you will be in Falcons ring of honor.

But its time for you to go, you are not an impact player anymore.

I agree! Bye-bye Brooking..here's your 'gold watch'...

dirtybird7181 (12/31/2007)
Keith Brooking

Thanks for your service.

Thanks for playing out of position for so many years and doing what your coaches asked of you.

You are a hometown hero, and you will be in Falcons ring of honor.

But its time for you to go, you are not an impact player anymore.

agree with everything but the last part.He was NEVER an impact player.

trubirdfan4life (12/31/2007)

it must be fashionable to bash Falcon players.

Brooking ain't that bad and never has been.

does it make you guys feel good to bash Brooking?

I'll be none of you would say a word if you met him on the street.

McNabb is the Answer (12/31/2007)
i wont keith brookings gone but i dont know if i want to take on that hit =/

now if we get all of the vick money then ##### yea! cut dunn, horn, brookings, leftwich, harrington, jenkins, forney, sanders, jennings, gandy, and whoever else is dead weight.

your screen name explains your entire existance...

michaelgee (12/31/2007)
McNabb is the Answer (12/31/2007)
i wont keith brookings gone but i dont know if i want to take on that hit =/

now if we get all of the vick money then ##### yea! cut dunn, horn, brookings, leftwich, harrington, jenkins, forney, sanders, jennings, gandy, and whoever else is dead weight.

your screen name explains your entire existance...

yea you should see my room and my sweet mcnabb fat head. i have about 75 mcnabb bobble heads 35 mcnabb rookie cards an auto... yea that's my entire existance.

you really think those players i listed deserve a roster spot?

that's awsome!