Winning Isn't Everything...

WineBird

IT'S THE ONLY THING!

For the first time this season, while sitting at the bar watching my team, I actually felt good!

So good in fact, that the only feeling that compares to watching us beat Seattle is watching the NFC Championship Game in '98. Seriously, THAT good.

I don't care if we draft 23rd in '08, I needed that win, and so did the team.

WineBird (12/31/2007)
IT'S THE ONLY THING!

For the first time this season, while sitting at the bar watching my team, I actually felt good!

So good in fact, that the only feeling that compares to watching us beat Seattle is watching the NFC Championship Game in '98. Seriously, THAT good.

I don't care if we draft 23rd in '08, I needed that win, and so did the team.

I agree. Losing should never be an option.

Dr John Zoidberg (12/31/2007)
Where were you guys when Petrino was running the show?

All I heard then were excuses but now it's "winning is the only thing."

I was sitting at the same bar, cursing the TV and gathering the pity of all the other patrons. I never want to lose, I can excuse losing if I see effort and the other team is simply better, but I rarely felt like the other team was just better this year. I have felt this entire season that there is enough talent on this team to go 8-8, it just didn't transfer to the field.

Yes, now we know Petrino was a b.a.s.t.a.r.d, but before he showed his colors did we not want to see him succeed? I certainly did, and I stand by rooting for him back then and would do the same again.