WHY MCFADDEN IS IMPORTANT TO US....

magnus23

The Falcons will select between third and fifth despite winning Sunday do to favorable strength of schedule adjustments this final weekend ... and the Jets' victory.

If McFadden is available when our turn comes up ... we will attempt trade down since teams such as Dallas want McFadden badly.

To be quite honest ... there are only a few elite players this draft ... and we have a lot of hole's to fill.

I agree with Gerald Riggs ... a running back in the first round is a waste without a good offensive line.

Even if he manages to perform well, he will get too beat up to be a longtimer.

I don't want McFadden or Brohm... trade down and get extra picks.

Pickup UFA Michael Turner to compliment Norwood... our running back situation is solved.

This draft should be O-line - D-Line and MLB.

If we can get a good QB in the 2nd or 3rd - that would be great. I don't want to put the franchise in jeopardy over a 1st round QB that potentially could be the next big bust.

One of the biggest reasons I want McFadden is because he's the type of player you can build around. After losing Vick this team desperately needs a superstar player that can put butts in the seats at the Dome.

I'd get pickup a lineman in the second and go after a guy in FA.

I don't see Warrick Dunn being back after the down year he's had.

innovativefx (12/31/2007)
I don't want McFadden or Brohm... trade down and get extra picks.

Pickup UFA Michael Turner to compliment Norwood... our running back situation is solved.

This draft should be O-line - D-Line and MLB.

If we can get a good QB in the 2nd or 3rd - that would be great. I don't want to put the franchise in jeopardy over a 1st round QB that potentially could be the next big bust.

I agree 100%;)

I think the question is do we want to be like a team such as green bay or tampa who have dedicated to building their offensive lines and as a result any ole smuck could walk in perform (ryan grant and earnest graham?) or do we want to be like the Aints who dedicated their future to reggie bush, only to get dissapointed and find themselves a pass first team.

Build the trenches then work the rest of the team around that. Jake long is our pick

Here's Brohm's scouting report:

Strengths:

Has good size and a solid frame...Mechanically sound...Doesn't have a cannon but arm strength is more than adequate...Has a terrific football IQ and knows how to read a defense...Very smart and doesn't make many bad decisions...Hard worker with great intangibles who loves the game and wants to improve...Gets rid of the ball quickly...Good accuracy, touch and timing...Decent athlete...Moves well in the pocket...Has lots of experience...Very productive at every level...Good bloodlines.

Weaknesses:

Required surgery for a torn ACL in 2005, torn ligaments in his thumb in 2006 and most recently went under the knife to repair his non-throwing shoulder in January of '07...Played in an offensive system that pumped up his numbers and didn't ask him to make a lot of difficult throws...Mobility is very limited and he isn't much of a threat to scramble...Could be more of a vocal leader...May not have a big upside.

I agree with going after McNabb.

If we can not trade down ... take Jake Long if available.

We can try to find another "Schaub" in the mid-rounds.

Use the two seconds and the second third on offensive line, MLB, and safety.

FA we will need to find a RB, OL, MLB, DT.

We should have the cap with Leftwich, Harrington, Dunn, Gandy, and possibly Brooking gone.

my sediments exactly innovativefx. If we're going to fix the house start with the foundation( Our O line ). Leave that eye candy for the other teams that wanna rot their teeth out.http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/Attachment33.aspxhttp://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/Attachment34.aspx

NiteFalcon (12/31/2007)
I think the question is do we want to be like a team such as green bay or tampa who have dedicated to building their offensive lines and as a result any ole smuck could walk in perform (ryan grant and earnest graham?) or do we want to be like the Aints who dedicated their future to reggie bush, only to get dissapointed and find themselves a pass first team.

Build the trenches then work the rest of the team around that. Jake long is our pick

the best example from this season is the cleveland browns.

NiteFalcon (12/31/2007)

I could not add anything to the post above NiteFalcon hit the nail on the head.

"Build the Trenches"

Dr John Zoidberg (12/31/2007)
Here's Brohm's scouting report:

Strengths:

Has good size and a solid frame...Mechanically sound...Doesn't have a cannon but arm strength is more than adequate...Has a terrific football IQ and knows how to read a defense...Very smart and doesn't make many bad decisions...Hard worker with great intangibles who loves the game and wants to improve...Gets rid of the ball quickly...Good accuracy, touch and timing...Decent athlete...Moves well in the pocket...Has lots of experience...Very productive at every level...Good bloodlines.

Weaknesses:

Required surgery for a torn ACL in 2005, torn ligaments in his thumb in 2006 and most recently went under the knife to repair his non-throwing shoulder in January of '07...Played in an offensive system that pumped up his numbers and didn't ask him to make a lot of difficult throws...Mobility is very limited and he isn't much of a threat to scramble...Could be more of a vocal leader...May not have a big upside.

"Has a terrific football IQ...Very smart and doesn't make any bad decisions". Something tells me the guy is smart enough to grasp another offense. It's not like that's the only offense he'll ever be able to run.

"Has a terrific football IQ...Very smart and doesn't make any bad decisions". Something tells me the guy is smart enough to grasp another offense. It's not like that's the only offense he'll ever be able to run.

I just don't see any franchise type QB in this draft.

And you will of course forgive me if I am a little reluctant about Brohm because he was coached by Petrino for most of his collegiate career.

McFadden isnt' important to us, the O-line's the most important. The RB class is way too deep this year to take a sexy RB assuming we pick at 3. As much as people on this board complain about our o-line I find it funny that so many would want to take a RB at 3 and not solidify the lines and take Long or trade down for more picks and take Otah, Clady or Oher.

We must start building the line through the draft, the longer it's ignored the longer the Falcons will lose.

Dr John Zoidberg (12/31/2007)

I just don't see any franchise type QB in this draft.

And you will of course forgive me if I am a little reluctant about Brohm because he was coached by Petrino for most of his collegiate career.

Ya'll can say, "That's wrong, shortsighted, 'you're blind'..." whatever, but other than Redman (and sometimes I"m not so sure about him) I don't want anyone w/any Quitrino "stank" on 'em anywhere near this team. :angry:

NiteFalcon (12/31/2007)

Saints lost Deuce for the season, so what do you mean dedicated the future to Bush?

Bush is simply a weapon in the arsenal, cuz Brees spreads the ball everywhere with Deuce or a similiar back as a road grader.