nfl network just reported that its a coin flip

We tried to F'n not only tell you but show you

But the AJC is perfect right?

Same AJC that said Vick won a skills competition he came 4th in.

Same AJC that as far as we know wrote that article after seeing folks crunch numbers on this board.

Yeah the almighty AJC is greater than a site that keeps up with NFL draft order every week of the NFL season since Lord knows when. At least since 2004. There have been MULTIPLE tiebreakers since then for them to be aware of such scenarios and we even POINT to these scenarios.

My goodness this is why the media is so dangerous. They can tell you anything and you will believe it even in the face of facts that dispute their claims

lol busboy you should logout for a while. I think some members on this board are going to give you an ulcer.

Also, for those wondering how the Raiders ended up ahead of the Chiefs... I read elsewhere that the tie-breakers for teams in the same division go as follows:

1. division record

2. record against common opponents

3. conference record

So, the Raiders must have had a worse record against common opponents. I'm not positive about this, but I don't know how else the Raiders would be ahead of the Chiefs, and I doubt the NFL Network would report incorrectly. (Note - I did not figure out who their common opponents were and, thus, did not figure out their records against common opponents. I'm just speculating.)

Can we pin this thread or something?

walrus falcon (12/31/2007)
lol busboy you should logout for a while. I think some of these people are going to give you an ulcer.

Also, for those wondering how the Raiders ended up ahead of the Chiefs... I read elsewhere that the tie-breakers for teams in the same division go as follows:

1. division record

2. record against common opponents

3. conference record

So, the Raiders must have had a worse record against common opponents. I'm not positive about this, but I don't know how else the Raiders would be ahead of the Chiefs, and I doubt the NFL Network would report incorrectly. (Note - I did not figure out who their common opponents were and, thus, did not figure out their records against common opponents. I'm just speculating.)

Yeah I didn't factor in common opponents and my brain is too fried to try. I'll take their word for it.

That's not good news because they could trade above us even if we do get the 3rd pick. They are only one behind. If they were two behind it would be more difficult.

I can also see them easily rigging that coin toss for the Raiders. Or at least that's going to be my excuse.

McFadden is a Raider folks

busboyisback (12/31/2007)

Yeah the almighty AJC is greater than a site that keeps up with NFL draft order every week of the NFL season since Lord knows when.

In defense of the people who were arguing with you, they are supposed to be better. It's disappointing that they were so sloppy here.

jidady (12/31/2007)

In defense of the people who were arguing with you, they are supposed to be better. It's disappointing that they were so sloppy here.

They have made mistakes before.

The media is always trying to make a scoop.

And often times they make screw ups.

The reason it was driving me crazy was because some of us saw the error made, why it was made, and moved on.

Yet others were too stubborn to see it because of the AJC.

But whatever that's water under a bridge now.

Let's just hope somehow, some way, Arthur Blank can beat out Al Davis

showdown (12/31/2007)
That's not what ESPN (Sportscenter) reported. They said that the NFL will decide the tiebreaker tomorrow, so I'm guessing it will not come down to a coin flip. At least not for the Falcons.

What they meant was that their ESPN experts hadn't figured it out by the time the show was over

GBN knows what they are talking about. They SPECIALIZE IN IT

Look at the 2006 draft. Look at the 2004 draft. Look at just last year. People there are proven examples that there is a coin flip when two teams are in different conferences who tie with SOS despite their conference/division record.

Stop acting like the media is the end all be all when you can look something up YOURSELF