Congratulations to Head Coach Emmitt Thomas on his victory today!

monson007

Last year, shortly after Mora was fired, I recommended on this board that Emmit Thomas be made Head Coach. Naturally the haters thought the idea sucked and they felt Thomas should be fired with the rest of the staff because of the secondary. The haters were wrong and proved once again how stupid they were. Emmitt got his first victory faster then Petrino got his. I truly believe the Falcons would have done much better under Emmitt's direction if he would have been the Head Coach all year.

The Falcons played like a team today. The defense forced turnovers which the offense converted into points. It was great to see them come together. Hopefully this builds some momentum for next year.

Thank you Emmitt Thomas and congratulations for the most entertaining Falcon game of the year. A great way to finish off a tough year, is to do so with a classy victory.

Go Falcons!

SacFalcFan (12/31/2007)
Emmitt Thomas is all class. One of the best guys in the game. Glad to see that he had a chance to be a head coach even if it's temporary. Hopefully he stays and is our defensive backs coach next season at the very least.

I hope he is our DC. he has DC exp. Zimmer for HC and Hue Jackson for OC.

Jeffery Carter (12/31/2007)
Emmitt had at least 4 things working against him to have been considered for the job before this season:

1. He didn't want it

2. He's 64

3. The defensive backfield that he coached was unsuccessful

4. He had no head coaching experience

1. That's not what he said after the game.

2. How old is the Tuna?

3. They are only as good as the pass rush

4. Neighter did Vince Lombardi at one time

:):):)

GEORGIAfan (12/31/2007)
SacFalcFan (12/31/2007)
Emmitt Thomas is all class. One of the best guys in the game. Glad to see that he had a chance to be a head coach even if it's temporary. Hopefully he stays and is our defensive backs coach next season at the very least.

he won't be the falcon's DC.  he will be at most the secondary coach.  I hope he is still here next season.

REV.2000 (12/31/2007)
Jeffery Carter (12/31/2007)
Emmitt had at least 4 things working against him to have been considered for the job before this season:

1. He didn't want it

2. He's 64

3. The defensive backfield that he coached was unsuccessful

4. He had no head coaching experience

1. That's not what he said after the game.

2. How old is the Tuna?

3. They are only as good as the pass rush

4. Neighter did Vince Lombardi at one time

:):):)

thomas is a class act, but he shouldnt be HC, and he didnt say that he wanted to be HC.

the Big Tuna is not doing anything important at MIA, and he is a Scrub. 3 the secondary is good because of Zimmer not Emmitt Thomas, but thomas did help.

Zimmer for HC:cool:

glad to see your not using caps.:P

SacFalcFan (12/31/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/31/2007)
SacFalcFan (12/31/2007)

he won't be the falcon's DC. he will be at most the secondary coach. I hope he is still here next season.

i hope he is here also, and i hope that our DC is young, so he can be our future HC.