'Deal or No Deal': Despite Atlanta win, they are still frontrunners for McFadden

ATL--75

Miami. Ronnie Brown

KC. Larry Johnson

NYJ. Thomas Jones, Leon Washington

St. Louis. Stephen Jackson

Baltimore. Willis McGahee

So this Atlanta win doesn't hurt the Falcons at all, even if they happen to fall to six because these other teams need something other than a RB.

I doubt Parcells will trade with Miami and Jerry Jones under any circumstances.

Adrian Peterson fell to 7 last year and will likely be Offensive Rookie of the Year, but it looks like the Falcons will have a very strong chance to get their franchise back..

ATL--75 (12/31/2007)
Miami. Ronnie Brown

KC. Larry Johnson

So this Atlanta win doesn't hurt the Falcons at all, even if they happen to fall to six because these other teams need something other than a RB.

Adrian Peterson fell to 7 last year and will likely be Offensive Rookie of the Year, but it looks like the Falcons will have a very strong chance to get their franchise back..

The Jets will take him.

Most of those teams don't even pick ahead of us.

The real question should be if worst case scenario:

1)Mia

2)St Louis

3)Kansas City

4)Oakland

5)Atlanta

Is there a chance McFadden would fall?

And the answer is, not a chance in ****

Not after the season Peterson had. Not with Al Davis and the Raiders looking to give Russell help but scared to take an Olineman that high for a while

ATL 25.

I seriously doubt that. Actually, they may be looking for another QB or maybe another O-Lineman..

Thomas Jones will be only in the second year of a four-year contract with the Jets that is worth $12 million ..if Jones struggles NEXT YEAR for whatever reason (ineffectiveness, injury or both) then 2008 may be the year for the Jets to look for a RB..

Ronnie Brown - coming off a serious injury. They could consider McFadden.

Larry Johnson - coming off an injury (not as serious) but has attitude problems & was on the trading block last year. Also some concern that he was milking the injury this year. They could consider McFadden.

Justin Fargas (if Oakland ends up ahead of us) - Imagine a backfield of Russell & McFadden, I know Al Davis is. Look out for a jump up to #2 from Oakland if they end up at #5. They could consider McFadden.

St. Louis - Only team in the top 5 that it doesn't seem plausible for them to take McFadden & they could look to trade that pick (see Oakland).

bird_of_prey (12/31/2007)
I like McFadden but we NEED an Oline first. Jake Long is your newest Atlanta Falcon..........

Jake Long= Tony Mandrich

Jake Long= Jamaal Anderson=no NFL impact

Playing at Michigan State University, Mandarich played in the 1988 Rose Bowl, was named as a first-team All-American, an Outland Award finalist and a two-time Big Ten Lineman of the Year. Upon his entry into the 1989 NFL Draft, both scouts and media (most notably Sports Illustrated, which did a cover story on him) began trumpeting Mandarich as the best offensive line prospect ever.

Drafted as an offensive linesman, Mandarich never lived up to the very high expectations set for him, and spent most of his first year on the Packers on special teams after a lengthy holdout that only got settled the last week before the regular season.

The Falcons have enough young lineman (i.e. Foster, Blalock, etc..) DEVELOP THEM..

It's time to get a power running game and that should be our priority..

O-Line can be addressed in third or fourth rounds or through FREE AGENCY!!!

ATL--75 (12/31/2007)
bird_of_prey (12/31/2007)
I like McFadden but we NEED an Oline first. Jake Long is your newest Atlanta Falcon..........

Jake Long= Tony Mandrich

Jake Long= Jamaal Anderson=no NFL impact

Playing at Michigan State University, Mandarich played in the 1988 Rose Bowl, was named as a first-team All-American, an Outland Award finalist and a two-time Big Ten Lineman of the Year. Upon his entry into the 1989 NFL Draft, both scouts and media (most notably Sports Illustrated, which did a cover story on him) began trumpeting Mandarich as the best offensive line prospect ever.

Drafted as an offensive linesman, Mandarich never lived up to the very high expectations set for him, and spent most of his first year on the Packers on special teams after a lengthy holdout that only got settled the last week before the regular season.

The Falcons have enough young lineman (i.e. Foster, Blalock, etc..) DEVELOP THEM..

It's time to get a power running game and that should be our priority..

O-Line can be addressed in third or fourth rounds or through FREE AGENCY!!!

Mandarich was a Roided freak in college....Roids have no bearing and this guy will the next Jonathan Ogden. We cannot pass him up......

busboyisback (12/31/2007)
Most of those teams don't even pick ahead of us.

The real question should be if worst case scenario:

1)Mia

2)St Louis

3)Kansas City

4)Oakland

5)Atlanta

Is there a chance McFadden would fall?

And the answer is, not a chance in ****

Not after the season Peterson had. Not with Al Davis and the Raiders looking to give Russell help but scared to take an Olineman that high for a while

Al Davis got RB 'options'...young (Bush) veterans (Fargas, Lamont Jordan, Dominick Rhodes)

So for 2008, RB is not a real option..

Robb4242 (12/31/2007)

Larry Johnson - coming off an injury (not as serious) but has attitude problems & was on the trading block last year. Also some concern that he was milking the injury this year. They could consider McFadden.

Justin Fargas (if Oakland ends up ahead of us) - Imagine a backfield of Russell & McFadden, I know Al Davis is. Look out for a jump up to #2 from Oakland if they end up at #5. They could consider McFadden.

St. Louis - Only team in the top 5 that it doesn't seem plausible for them to take McFadden & they could look to trade that pick (see Oakland).

good post.

I believe Brown has missed at least 4 games the past 2 seasons. Many teams now use a 2 back systeam and what a combo that would be. Brown was 1st in the nfl in yards from scrimmage when he went down this season and some insurance for a bad team in case of injury wouldnt hurt.

thenfl (12/31/2007)
Robb4242 (12/31/2007)

good post.

I believe Brown has missed at least 4 games the past 2 seasons. Many teams now use a 2 back systeam and what a combo that would be. Brown was 1st in the nfl in yards from scrimmage when he went down this season and some insurance for a bad team in case of injury wouldnt hurt.

exactly, and Ricky Williams is not the type of insurance they need.

There is still a boat load of Ronnie Brown money owed...I can't imagine Parcells taking McFadden with the 1st pick and putting even more money out for another RB...that would set their team back IMO!

Having a dominant running attack doesnt set a team back. Beck hasnt looked good at all in his appearances but he is only a rookie so he will prob get a shot. Miami's oline was a lot better than last year and their key need is secondary. No Db is going #1 and Miami has 3 second round picks. Mcfadden may be their #1.

i believe dmac will go 3rd unless someone trades up to get him. i dont believe the phins or rams will draft dmac. i believe the phins will either trade down or draft glen dorsey, doresey seems like a parcells kind of player. the rams wont because of s.jax. that leaves the falcons and raiders. both teams will draft dmac if he is avail. i think.

WhenFalconsWin (12/31/2007)
Robb4242 (12/31/2007)
thenfl (12/31/2007)
Robb4242 (12/31/2007)

good post.

There is still a boat load of Ronnie Brown money owed...I can't imagine Parcells taking McFadden with the 1st pick and putting even more money out for another RB...that would set their team back IMO!

I agree, and Parcells is not one to spend a 1st round pick on a RB. But just looking at Brown's injury history, Rickey Williams' history period, and the fact that Parcells likes the 2 RB system, there is the possibility.

He will probably try to bait teams to trade up if they want McFadden, saying he's going to take him, until someone finally bites on a trade up to #1.

Robb4242 (12/31/2007)
WhenFalconsWin (12/31/2007)
Robb4242 (12/31/2007)
thenfl (12/31/2007)
Robb4242 (12/31/2007)

good post.

I agree, and Parcells is not one to spend a 1st round pick on a RB. But just looking at Brown's injury history, Rickey Williams' history period, and the fact that Parcells likes the 2 RB system, there is the possibility.

He will probably try to bait teams to trade up if they want McFadden, saying he's going to take him, until someone finally bites on a trade up to #1.

Miami is not a 1-15 team without injuries to Green,Brown, Zach Thomas, the secondary. They do have a little to work with

They could certainly use another impact player. At this point Mcfadden appears to be that player. Dorsey is the projection on the mocks as of now but im pretty sure things will change around combine time.

thenfl (12/31/2007)

Miami is not a 1-15 team without injuries to Green,Brown, Zach Thomas, the secondary. They do have a little to work with

They could certainly use another impact player. At this point Mcfadden appears to be that player. Dorsey is the projection on the mocks as of now but im pretty sure things will change around combine time.

Bill Parcells has ALWAYS been a defensive guy. He will start that franchise with a franchise tackle right in the middle in Dorsey.

The Dolphins spend the #2 pick in the entire draft on a RB a few years ago. There is zero chance they tie that much money in one position ESPECIALLY when you consider Parcells.

McFadden will not be taken #1 or #2 unless a team trades ahead of #3.

busboyisback (12/31/2007)
thenfl (12/31/2007)

Bill Parcells has ALWAYS been a defensive guy. He will start that franchise with a franchise tackle right in the middle in Dorsey.

The Dolphins spend the #2 pick in the entire draft on a RB a few years ago. There is zero chance they tie that much money in one position ESPECIALLY when you consider Parcells.

McFadden will not be taken #1 or #2 unless a team trades ahead of #3.

Miami did have the #4 defense in 06. It will be 2 years ago and you cant say what they would have done without the injuries but they will take the best player in the draft whoever that may be.

ATL_25 (12/31/2007)
ATL--75 (12/31/2007)
Miami. Ronnie Brown

KC. Larry Johnson

The Jets will take him.

Atlanta will get their shot before that because they have the 3rd pick in the draft.

Here's a link : http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...draft_1231.html

freeze1st (12/31/2007)
ATL_25 (12/31/2007)
ATL--75 (12/31/2007)
Miami. Ronnie Brown

KC. Larry Johnson

The Jets will take him.

Atlanta will get their shot before that because they have the 3rd pick in the draft.

Here's a link : http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...draft_1231.html

This has been proven wrong so many times.