Draft order

I did a little research remembering in the 2004 draft we had a coin flip between us and the Browns. We both had same record, same strength of schedule, same divisional record, but not the same conference record, and yet the pick was determined with a coin flip. I also looked at other similar situations of AFC and NFC teams that had coin flips. In 2006 San Francisco and Oakland had a coin flip without the same division or conference records. So basically the division and conference record gets thrown out the window when in different conferences and the #3 pick is to be determined by a coin flip as it would appear with my evidence suggested. Hope this helps a bit

vicklanta07 (12/31/2007)
I did a little research remembering in the 2004 draft we had a coin flip between us and the Browns. We both had same record, same strength of schedule, same divisional record, but not the same conference record, and yet the pick was determined with a coin flip. I also looked at other similar situations of AFC and NFC teams that had coin flips. In 2006 San Francisco and Oakland had a coin flip without the same division or conference records. So basically the division and conference record gets thrown out the window when in different conferences and the #3 pick is to be determined by a coin flip as it would appear with my evidence suggested. Hope this helps a bit

Thanks.

I've been trying to tell people this but there are a couple people on here trying to convince themselves that we still have the 3rd pick.

That was just false hope for those of us who didn't know about this rule