Doesn't Matter, But If The Falcons Lost Today Do They Pick #2 or #3?

RevelAces

WhenFalconsWin (12/30/2007)
RevelAces (12/30/2007)
I was just curious. I know it doesn't matter, I was just wondering had they lost if they would pick before or after St. Louis.

If we would've lost we would of been the only two teams with 3 wins, but by virtue of our head-to-head meeting with them we would've picked second...as it turns out we might only lose one spot down to third!

Head to head doesn't matter for draft tie breakers. SOS is what matters, and St. Louis had the weaker SOS so they would have gotten the 2nd pick regardless.

RoastBeeph (12/30/2007)

If we would've lost we would of been the only two teams with 3 wins, but by virtue of our head-to-head meeting with them we would've picked second...as it turns out we might only lose one spot down to third!

Head to head doesn't matter for draft tie breakers. SOS is what matters, and St. Louis had the weaker SOS so they would have gotten the 2nd pick regardless.

Well I hope they did. I don't want to know otherwise.

BTW, the best part would have been the GUARANTEED 3rd pick.

And we wouldn't rotate in the other rounds. Oh well. Who knows if we would have had the good karma if we did win? Maybe we will be rewarded by picking 3rd instead of 4th.

Maybe D.Hall will stay now or something.

Im desperate for a silver lining

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
WhenFalconsWin (12/30/2007)
RevelAces (12/30/2007)
I was just curious. I know it doesn't matter, I was just wondering had they lost if they would pick before or after St. Louis.

Yeah don't remind me.

We would have picked 2nd.

Right now we could pick as low as 5th.

Naw, there is no way we could have picked 2nd, even if we lost.