McFadden, Dorsey, C Long, Jlong, or Matt Ryan

rexfalcon

WhenFalconsWin (12/30/2007)
rexfalcon (12/30/2007)
We all need to go to bed and be happy that we will have a chance to pick up a franchise player next year. Although we all have our preferences, Mc Fadden, Doresey, J Long. or M Ryan gives us a franchise player next year.

Forget M. Ryan, who coincidently reminds me of Ryan Leaf...just say no! Say yes to Colt Brennan in the 2nd round!

Brennan has more bust potential than any other QB in this draft.

With that said, Ryan would be an awful 1st round pick for the Falcons.

ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
rexfalcon (12/30/2007)
We all need to go to bed and be happy that we will have a chance to pick up a franchise player next year. Although we all have our preferences, Mc Fadden, Doresey, J Long. or M Ryan gives us a franchise player next year.

Forget M. Ryan, who coincidently reminds me of Ryan Leaf...just say no! Say yes to Colt Brennan in the 2nd round!

lmao@Brennan being the biggest bust in any QB draft.

Do you even know what your talking about? Colt Brennan is the real top deal, Colt Brennan is the next Tom Brady so why should we pass him up for some player that is going to be the next Rex Grossman/Ryan Leaf?

Twinblade (12/30/2007)
ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
rexfalcon (12/30/2007)

Do you even know what your talking about? Colt Brennan is the real top deal, Colt Brennan is the next Tom Brady so why should we pass him up for some player that is going to be the next Rex Grossman/Ryan Leaf?

You can't compare any college quarterback to Tom Brady, let alone one that has major question marks.

Brady could end up being the best quarterback of all time, and you compare him to some college kid in a run and shoot offense.

ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
Twinblade (12/30/2007)
ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
rexfalcon (12/30/2007)

You can't compare any college quarterback to Tom Brady, let alone one that has major question marks.

Brady could end up being the best quarterback of all time, and you compare him to some college kid in a run and shoot offense.

Every QB is gonna have a question mark, reason why I don't want to draft a QB in the first round. Colt Brennan imo is gonna be the best QB in this QB class.

Twinblade (12/30/2007)
ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
Twinblade (12/30/2007)
ATL_25 (12/30/2007)
rexfalcon (12/30/2007)

Every QB is gonna have a question mark, reason why I don't want to draft a QB in the first round. Colt Brennan imo is gonna be the best QB in this QB class.

I'll respect yor opinion as long as you settle down with those types of comparisons.

I don't want to draft a QB in the first round either, but I feel completely uncomfortable with drafting Brennan, IMO he is far too risky for a struggling franchise like the Falcons to gamble on. I don't really like any of the quarterbacks in this draft but if one of the top 3 fall to the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind taking them there.

Even trading up to get one of the big 3 would be okay, we just can't take them with our 1st pick.

I think it almost has to be McFadden. We need a superstar and none of the other guys are going to provide that. When rebuilding a team, best available is the way to go. As long as nobody trades up in front of us, we need to take McFadden then use one of the two 2nd rounders on a QB (I like Brennen the best).

grendel (12/31/2007)
WhenFalconsWin (12/31/2007)
JRob215 (12/30/2007)
I think it almost has to be McFadden. We need a superstar and none of the other guys are going to provide that. When rebuilding a team, best available is the way to go. As long as nobody trades up in front of us, we need to take McFadden then use one of the two 2nd rounders on a QB (I like Brennen the best).

That's how I feel as well. McFadden 1st, Brennan in the 2nd, who is head and shoulders above the other prospects. He has the size 6'3" 205 lbs. the quickest release, the strongest arm, and most important of all the quickest feet and his ability to get away from wouldbe tacklers, you can't under estimate the mobility factor! Its possible Sam Baker USC might be available in the 2nd round also for OT!

Brennan doesn't have the size. 200 lbs is small for a QB these days, and he's already getting banged up in college because of it. He has an average arm and average mobility.

Joe Flacco, on the other hand, is 6'6", 230 lbs, and has the strongest arm I've seen this year. He plays in a pro-style offense in Delaware, so he won't have to re-learn taking a snap under center or the offensive terminology like Brennan will.

His size is impressive, but it really has nothing to do with success. The top QBs are all shorter than that and two of them--Tony Romo and Brett Favre--are only 6'2. Brennen is a talented QB, and while he will have to learn a lot to be successful in the NFL, I think he can do it.