What kind of pick are we going to get for Kearney???

Adrian Gibson (12/30/2007)
I understand that we are getting a compensatory pick for Kearney, and based on his production i say we should get a 2nd rounder no less than 3rd round. Does anyone know what pick were going to actually get....

for kerney we will probably get a 4th or 3rd. they do not have comp. picks in the 2nd. its from 3rd - 7th.

Adrian Gibson (12/30/2007)
I understand that we are getting a compensatory pick for Kearney, and based on his production i say we should get a 2nd rounder no less than 3rd round. Does anyone know what pick were going to actually get....
We should get a 3rd, that's the highest compensation pick that you can get.

The Cush (12/30/2007)
My question is, if we actually signed more Free Agents than we lost, does this automatically disqualify the team for a comp pick?

We signed Marcus Wilkins, Ovie Mughelli, Joey Harrington, and Joe Horn that are qualifying Free Agents. Did I miss any?

And we lost Patrick Kerney, Justin Griffith, and who else???

it goes on what we lost to what we gained. we lost a Probowler and an nfl sack leader. we gained nothing but scrubs.

Harrington and Horn don't count. It's only guys who were not cut by their prior teams. Similarly, low level free agents like Wilkins almost never make a blip on the radar.

The odd thing that hurt the Falcons is that Justin Griffith didn't make the Pro Bowl. Now I'm not sure if we get a pick for him.

jidady (12/30/2007)
Harrington and Horn don't count. It's only guys who were not cut by their prior teams. Similarly, low level free agents like Wilkins almost never make a blip on the radar.

The odd thing that hurt the Falcons is that Justin Griffith didn't make the Pro Bowl. Now I'm not sure if we get a pick for him.

Ok thanks. I wasn't expecting a pick for Griffith anyway since Mughelli was given a larger contract.

The Falcons have 9 picks right now with the Rossum trade, right?