No off season WR discussions!!

falcndave

For the first time since I've joined these boards, there will be NO discussion over taking the stud WR with our first pick.

Those two first round picks may look like gems 3 or 4 years down the road if we can meet other needs along the way.

Roddy's TD today looked all efforty and stuff. Very refreshing!

1. Roddy White

2. Laurent Robinson

Joe Horn is just a stop-gap until Laurent Robinson to fully take over, but he is a KEY mentor player. Michael Jenkins has been inconsistent, but he is worth keeping until a solid slot receiver comes our way. As long as he can catch the ball when it hits him I iwll be happy with him.

The Falcon Ace (12/30/2007)
1. Roddy White

2. Laurent Robinson

Joe Horn is just a stop-gap until Laurent Robinson to fully take over, but he is a KEY mentor player. Michael Jenkins has been inconsistent, but he is worth keeping until a solid slot receiver comes our way. As long as he can catch the ball when it hits him I iwll be happy with him.

Do you think Jennings could be a decent WR for us?

The Falcon Ace (12/30/2007)
1. Roddy White

2. Laurent Robinson

3rd round we need to pick DJ Hall. he could replace jenkins.

The NFL is going more and more to 3 and 4 wr sets....we have 2 wr's I like....If the value is there, we take a Wr, but not over other need positions with similar value....if something crazy happens, and we see Limas Sweed sitting there with our mid 2nd from Houston....unless a great value is there at the oline(and it probably will be...but if it isn't...) or Mlb, or Qb...go ahead and take...I think a wr corps consisting of White, Sweed, and Robinson would be one of the finest in the league....but it's certainly a position of want, rather than need...we have two young studs to groom for the future.

agree. like said roddy is clearly our #1. Number 2 i would be inclined to say Laurent because he is on the rise. Jenkins has always been a #3 slot type posession receiver. We prolly drafted him to be a deep threat but its becoming clear that he cant run by most people. And his skill set is limited so he will never be more than a #3, MAYBE a #2. I like Laurent's ability more than Jenkins'.

After that we just have a bunch of scrubs. Jennings is a midget scrub who shud be kept on special teams only relaly. Joe horn is a washed up scrub. Finneran prolly wont get to play agian. He was a good #3 option for vick back in the day but his days are over.

raidanation (12/30/2007)
So, here's a question.Not really regarding your drafting.What are the thoughts of Jenkins?Does he stay one more year?Does he part ways this offseason?

Part ways. wasting money on a scrub. Jenkins would have been good as a 2nd/3rd round pick, but not a 1st. he is getting 1st round money, and he doesnt deserve it. i would rather get DJ Hall from bama in the 3rd. he could do the same job, and be cheaper.

raidanation (12/30/2007)
So, here's a question.Not really regarding your drafting.What are the thoughts of Jenkins?Does he stay one more year?Does he part ways this offseason?

I'm inclined to say he stays. Pretty sure he's still on his rookie contract even though it is a first round one. He certainly has been a disappointment but I give him one more year competing to be the slot guy.

NiteFalcon (12/30/2007)

After that we just have a bunch of scrubs. Jennings is a midget scrub who shud be kept on special teams only relaly. Joe horn is a washed up scrub. Finneran prolly wont get to play agian. He was a good #3 option for vick back in the day but his days are over.

Is that the same scrub that isn't afraid of going over the middle and catching a pass on 3rd and 10 and gaining 28 and HANGING ON TO THE BALL? If the scrubs blocking on PR would do their jobs AJ would break a few. When he did break a few this year, they held totally away from the ball. I don't remember him ever dropping a pass, either, come to think of it.

bakerball (12/31/2007)
NiteFalcon (12/30/2007)

ok fine he can be the #5 receiver happy? lol

regardless he wont get the chance to do much of anything in his career. I just hope he can take his special teams experience this year and get better for next year. We really need a punt returner

Is that the same scrub that isn't afraid of going over the middle and catching a pass on 3rd and 10 and gaining 28 and HANGING ON TO THE BALL? If the scrubs blocking on PR would do their jobs AJ would break a few. When he did break a few this year, they held totally away from the ball. I don't remember him ever dropping a pass, either, come to think of it.

raidanation (12/30/2007)

I think it could go either way. He quietly caught 53 passes for us this year, but those pick-six drops are hard to forget. Right now, the reason why I believe he's back is because it would cost us almost as much to cut or trade him as it would to pay him for next year. He's in the last year of his contract at $625k but due to the signing bonuses, we'd owe $618k to prematurely end his career. I suspect the team believes that working with Hue Jackson (assuming he's still here) another off-season will allow Jenkins to be a serviceable player. White and Robinson are clearly the starters going forward, but I don't think that precludes Jennings or Jenkins from staying, even if Finn is able to return from all of his injuries.