Singletary points out the importance of a QB

MSalmon

QB is honestly very important, and after watching redman i think he is a capable spot holder while our rookie sits for a year.

I like Brohm but just don't think he is value where we pick

I like Brennan and can't wait for the georgia game to see if he is a legitmate prospect or not.

Sitting at about 5th spot in the draft i just think that is too high for any of the prospects this year.

I want Dorsey, Ellis, Laurantis, Long, Long, Clady.

bam_19 (12/30/2007)
QB is honestly very important, and after watching redman i think he is a capable spot holder while our rookie sits for a year.

I like Brohm but just don't think he is value where we pick

I like Brennan and can't wait for the georgia game to see if he is a legitmate prospect or not.

Sitting at about 5th spot in the draft i just think that is too high for any of the prospects this year.

I want Dorsey, Ellis, Laurantis, Long, Long, Clady.

Bam, i'm with you on this one. My preference would be the Falcons to land the 3rd spot, draft McFadden or Dorsey, or Long/Clady (whoever is higher) and then trade back in like the Browns did to grab Ryan or Brohm or even Woodson.

you don't just draft QBs because you need one. you draft a QB because you think he can run an NFL franchise. I haven't seen that from any of the guys in this years draft. I watched matt ryan in the bowl game and the announcers were just going on and on about how great of a throw he was making when they were not going to be NFL completions. He has an OK arm, its nothing amazing. They were just on his nuts about the fact that it was a new offense and he had no running game and no WRs. the guy is just over hyped. he is a good QB but not great by any stretch. He might be good on a great team...who wouldn't.

Jay Cutler was better and he didn't even play with real football players, they are all doctors and lawyers in waiting at Vandy.

you just can't draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB. there were 65 different qbs starting in the NFL...that tells you MOST of them don't have what it takes...be it accuracy, smarts, arm strength, or mobility.