We Can have the 4th pick and still get McFadden or trade the McFadden pick

atljbo

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
iDash (12/30/2007)
I hope so, we have the third according to some gurus

not sure where they get their information, but we don't stay at #3 with thatwin today.

Check the math yourself.

Go to my thread.

Add the number of losses I tallied for each team.

Our opponents are tied with the most at 123. 124 after Colts/Titans game.

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
iDash (12/30/2007)

not sure where they get their information, but we don't stay at #3 with thatwin today.

Number crunching. The teams we needed to win won and the teams we needed to lose lost. I'm not sold on the fact that we have number three (because of uncertainty surrounding the next tie-breakers), but we definitely have a shot at it.

walrus falcon (12/30/2007)
SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
iDash (12/30/2007)

Number crunching. The teams we needed to win won and the teams we needed to lose lost. I'm not sold on the fact that we have number three (because of uncertainty surrounding the next tie-breakers), but we definitely have a shot at it.

the ajc just reported that we have the #3 pick in the draft..  which is awesome.. we win and still get #3.. 

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
iDash (12/30/2007)

Check the math yourself.

Go to my thread.

Add the number of losses I tallied for each team.

Our opponents are tied with the most at 123. 124 after Colts/Titans game.

yeah didn't see your thread before i posted the above..  great news..

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)

the ajc just reported that we have the #3 pick in the draft.. which is awesome.. we win and still get #3..

Seriously, man, it's beyond great.

So many people here were freaking out over our playing great today when they should have just been enjoying it.

atljbo (12/30/2007)
1:Miami:They have Ronnie Brown,Jasse Chatman,Lorenzo Booker,Ricky Williams

2.Rams:Steven Jackson, Antonio Pittman,Brian Leonard

3.Kansas City Chiefs:Larry Johnson, Kolby Smith

>Atlanta Falcons

I don't agree on the first one, Miami just got parcells and they could always trade Ricky Williams away and grab Mcfadden. ;)

(8:15 PM): Picks 3-5 to go to flip& This is still very unofficial, but it appears that the 3rd, 4th and 5th picks at the 2008 draft will have to be decided by a coin flip or flips. Again, by our very unofficial calculation, Atlanta, Oakland and Kansas City finished the year tied for that spot as the combined winning percentage for each team s 16 opponents this fall was .516. Kansas City does win the tie-breaker Oakland and will pick ahead of the Raiders. The teams split their two games this season and had the same divisional record, but Kansas City had a worse record within the conference. There are no draft tie-breakers between Atlanta and either of the two AFC West teams. The logical resolution would be for Atlanta to flip with Kansas City for the 3rd pick and then flip with Oakland for the 4th if the Falcons lost the initial flip but that is just speculation on our part. Stay tune as we ll try and follow-up. Meanwhile, with their overtime win over the Chiefs, the Jets drop from the third pick to the 6th, followed by New England with that pck acquired from San Francisco and Baltimore. We ll have the full, updated selection order after tonight s game between Tennessee and the Colts

this is from gbnreport.com

jidady (12/30/2007)
If you mean the link to the old post from last year's draft, I'm willing to bet that AJC made absolutely certain before posting the Falcons had the #3 pick. That's not something the local paper can afford to be wrong about.

That's what I thought.

They clearly did the same thing I did. They didn't know about that third tiebreaker rule. Honestly how the **** would anyone think of something like that?

The odds of teams having not only exact same SOS, but two of the three teams happen to be in the same division.

That's such a specific rule it's not listed under the tiebreakers.

BTW, AJC has made mistakes before. Was this sarcasm?

Determining Order of Selection

" The team with the lowest winning percentage at the end of the previous season drafts first in the NFL Draft.

" The rest of the teams are placed in order from lowest winning percentage to the highest.

" The Super Bowl winner drafts last, even if they do not have the highest winning percentage.

" The Super Bowl loser drafts next to last.

" Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.

" Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

" As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

" If a playoff and non-playoff team end the season with the same winning percentage, the non-playoff team selects before the playoff team regardless of strength of schedule.

Atlanta Falcons

4-12 win/lose record

123 opponent losses

1-5 division record

3-9 conference record

Kansas City Chiefs

4-12 win/lose record

123 opponent losses

2-4 division record

3-9 conference record

Oakland Raiders

4-12 win/lose record

123 opponent losses

2-4 division record

4-8 conference record

NY JETS

4-12 win/lose record

122 opponent losses

2-4 division record

4-8 conference record

jidady (12/30/2007)

No sarcasm. I fully expect any journalist worth his salt to put in a call to the league office to fact check before posting it. So, I have confidence they got this right.

To say the least I hope you're right.

And the reason you might be because: How the **** can you have a 3-way coin toss???

Who plays who?

What if Team A beats Team B but loses to Team C

How the **** does this work out?