Great job by the falcon fans who were at the game today..

SacFalcFan

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
It was a great crowd. Bigger than many thought it would be, but they were spirited throughout the game. You wouldn't have thought the falcons were 3-12 going into the game. Doing the wave over 6 times around the stadium in the end showed the enthusiasm this crowd has.

I know man I was in section 101 today, and when the team started to do good the dome came alive. It gave me chills! I hate how people wanted the team to lose for our draft pick's sake. We actually ended the season on a high note, and I am actually looking forward to next year now.

Dr John Zoidberg (12/30/2007)
It just reminded me how how bad we sucked all year.

Why couldn't the team play like this when it mattered? That's what I was thinking.

It also highlighted how bad the Petrino hire was.

To me it screamed don't get rid of Emmit Thomas!!!!!11 Somehow this team is showing heart, and I think he is a big part of it. Hue Jackson has proven himself in calling plays, and Zimmer just needs a few more pieces, and a little more luck as far as injuries are concerned.

I was there at the game and it was an absolute blast. And no, no one wanted the team to stop scoring to preserve the friggin' draft pick. We were all aware of it, but we all ALSO understood that the team was playing with heart and intensity and we were PROUD OF THEM.

I do NOT understand why people would rather watch their team quit to preserve three or four slots in the friggin' draft. For Christ's sake, people! Anyone who really feels that way simply does not know what competition is really about. My playing days ended in high school and even back then, losing was the WORST THING IN THE WORLD. Basketball players can take a dive if they have no integrity, but when you're playing a sport that involved getting your ##### kicked, winning is the only way to ease the pain.

Direwolf

direwolf (12/30/2007)
I was there at the game and it was an absolute blast. And no, no one wanted the team to stop scoring to preserve the friggin' draft pick. We were all aware of it, but we all ALSO understood that the team was playing with heart and intensity and we were PROUD OF THEM.

I do NOT understand why people would rather watch their team quit to preserve three or four slots in the friggin' draft. For Christ's sake, people! Anyone who really feels that way simply does not know what competition is really about. My playing days ended in high school and even back then, losing was the WORST THING IN THE WORLD. Basketball players can take a dive if they have no integrity, but when you're playing a sport that involved getting your ##### kicked, winning is the only way to ease the pain.

Direwolf

Besides by winning we made our pick of Jake Long so much easier.

i was in section 110. had a blast. i have about a two minute video of everybody doin tha wave. good stuff. everybody in tha dome wanted a win, even those who knew what a loss meant.

tha best part of tha game was when we went up 14 and before tha kickoff everybody stood up and cheered for tha team. great way to close out a horrific season.

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)
It was a great crowd. Bigger than many thought it would be, but they were spirited throughout the game. You wouldn't have thought the falcons were 3-12 going into the game. Doing the wave over 6 times around the stadium in the end showed the enthusiasm this crowd has.

That was the most spirited that I've seen the fans all year. After we went on that tear, the crowd was just amazing. I think it was like a "Thank you Falcons for not mailing it in!" applause.

And I got a picture with Freddy Falcon. Topped it all off. lmao.

(And there was one ##### Falcon fan who was clapping when we got scored upon, but was absolutely miserable while we were winning. He was probably the only Falcon fan who wasn't enjoying the effort from the Falcons.)

coryb78 (12/30/2007)
I was very proud of the Atlanta fans today. They showed that there is still some love for the Falcons and if we can put a winning team back on the field the stadium will fill up again.

Great job to those that were there!

Section 302 was loud and proud just about the whole game and you are right my friend, not if but when we start winning again "they" will come. they being fairweathered fans GO BIRDS

SacFalcFan (12/30/2007)

Yes - that was awesome today... felt like I was at the Super Bowl

direwolf (12/30/2007)

Direwolf

very well said man..  no one was there hoping the team would lose for a draft choice..  it was IMO the best game of the year regarding intensity on atlanta's side.  they didn't want to end the year with a loss and it was a great game..  Awesome job by the Falcons and the Fans..  It's a great ending to a very bad year on and off the field.

BirdsOfPrey (12/30/2007)
flrybranch (12/30/2007)
Great atmosphere today!!!

And none of the 50000 Falcons fans there today were saying "Loose so we can pick higher"!!

I loved how the players reacted to Coach Thomas at the end.

Your right, it was a great atmosphere, but there was at least 1 "fan" there who wanted the team to lose and unfortunately I had to sit by him. Man he was so mad that the team won. what an idiot this jerk was.

I sat in section 317 and also visited a friend in section 331 and everyone was into the game and wanted to see the falcons win.  I didn't hear anyone talk about a future draft choice..  it really was a great experience to end the season..

mrs falcon (12/30/2007)
Was awesome! As bad as the season was the fans cheered and the players played hard. Heard Alge on the radio talking about the wave!

yeah the players on the sideline were staring at the wave and cheering it on..  i counted 6 times around the dome..  it was a great game to end an overall miserable year of falcon football..