Bottom Feeders Cry over Draft Order

Its more important to get the right GM & Head Coach than the best back in the draft.

WITH THAT SAID- WHAT DO WE DO?????

We are more than ONE PLAYER AWAY from contending. Arizona, Detroit, Tampa (until Dungy), Cincinnati & several other bottom feeders in the NFL have a long history of top 10 picks & it does them no good because rookies walk into a bad situation with inflated egoes grounded in their college acconmplishements. They are overpaid & are expected to be the saviors of their franchises without the benefit of veteran leadership or established hard nosed coaches to show them what being a PROFESSIONAL is all about. That comes directly from Braylon Edwards' Inside the NFL Interview as he explained why he wasnt productive in Cleveland until this yr. The hype of his rookie season effectively killed any chance Reggie Bush had to be a leader & transform himself into an everydown back for '07. He should have been committed to that in the off season- not AFTER Deuce was lost for the yr.

After a few consecutive yrs of drafting & paying First Team All Americans, the teams find themselves in salary cap **** , with no depth, maturity or playoff wins to show for it. Team chemistry never evolves & the franchises become revolving doors for frustrated vets & Free Agent Hired Guns looking for a big Payday.

I like McFadden too, but Id like it better if Marty Schotty (or another proven coach) came here, found us a Qb, built the defense & unleashed Norwood the way he did with Tomlinson.

dieharddude (12/30/2007)
Its more important to get the right GM & Head Coach than the best back in the draft.

We are more than ONE PLAYER AWAY from contending. Arizona, Detroit, Tampa (until Dungy), Cincinnati & several other bottom feeders in the NFL have a long history of top 10 picks & it does them no good because rookies walk into a bad situation with inflated egoes grounded in their college acconmplishements. They are overpaid & are expected to be the saviors of their franchises without the benefit of veteran leadership or established hard nosed coaches to show them what being a PROFESSIONAL is all about. That comes directly from Braylon Edwards' Inside the NFL Interview as he explained why he wasnt productive in Cleveland until this yr. The hype of his rookie season effectively killed any chance Reggie Bush had to be a leader & transform himself into an everydown back for '07. He should have been committed to that in the off season- not AFTER Deuce was lost for the yr.

After a few consecutive yrs of drafting & paying First Team All Americans, the teams find themselves in salary cap **** , with no depth, maturity or playoff wins to show for it. Team chemistry never evolves & the franchises become revolving doors for frustrated vets & Free Agent Hired Guns looking for a big Payday.

I like McFadden too, but Id like it better if Marty Schotty (or another proven coach) came here, found us a Qb, built the defense & unleashed Norwood the way he did with Tomlinson.

Tell the Colts to forfeit that pick for Manning then.

Tell the Broncos to forfeit that pick for Elway

Tell the Steelers to forfeit that pick for Bradshaw

Yeah you're right we are more than one player away and we just assured that we get lesser of a player in the draft to fill those many holes

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
dieharddude (12/30/2007)

Yeah you're right we are more than one player away and we just assured that we get lesser of a player in the draft to fill those many holes

So tell me how many top 10 picks has this franchise had? Now tell me how many Super Bowls those top 10 picks produced for The Falcons. I'm Guessing The Falcons have won lots of Super Bowls from these top 10 picks.

I hate to break it to you but the Falcons are indeed bottom feeders...not sure what in the AB era would make anyone think that they bring in quality people regardless of other factors.

This team needs as much help as it can get as far as not screwing up in the draft and today they shot themselves in the foot.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (12/30/2007)

So tell me how many top 10 picks has this franchise had? Now tell me how many Super Bowls those top 10 picks produced for The Falcons. I'm Guessing The Falcons have won lots of Super Bowls from these top 10 picks.

You're making the point for me.

A top 10 pick in every round isn't good enough for these ******* in charge.

Only when we are severely bad and get no brainer picks do we succeed.

Hence the Michael Vick era. Best prolonged success in this franchise's pathetic history. Minus dog fighting and we could potentially be elite in the sorry ##### NFC right now.

With the 7th pick they will probably screw up. With a top 3 pick, it's easier for them to make a decision.

So you basically made my point. Top 10 isn't good enough. They are too stupid to pick anyone good. It has to be no brainers for it to work out

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)
I hate to break it to you but the Falcons are indeed bottom feeders...not sure what in the AB era would make anyone think that they bring in quality people regardless of other factors.

This team needs as much help as it can get as far as not screwing up in the draft and today they shot themselves in the foot.

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)

NO! The Falcons aren't "bottom feeders" -- the idiot fans who believed we should have lost for the sake of a draft pick are the "bottom feeders"!

Jimmy Johnson for GM

Mike Sing as Head Coach

And I dont know why everybody is thinking A QB is going to have better success than a RB when every one of them are pocket passers

As We continue to prove that we have to pocket, You saw what happen to Schaub, what do you think is going to happen to one of these overated rookies

Jerious has proven that he can run behind this weak Oline, What do you think Mcfadden will do?

As a matter of fact I think Mcfadden has One o lineman even being considered for a draft pick this year and a late one at that

JJ for GM

Mike for Head Coach

Mcfadden to Atlanta

texasbirdfan (12/30/2007)
bottom feeders Dallas Cowboys in the late 1980's parlayed several years of high draft picks along with the Hersel Walker crimnal trade for picks and became kings of the 1990's.

nuf said

So did every other dynasty except the Patriots.

Only illogical Falcon fans would think otherwise.

You build from the bottom up and mostly with very high picks.

When you don't have the high picks you better have a dang good front office which we do not have.

The fact that people can't put this together is frustrating

loozianafalcon (12/30/2007)
btrain5489 (12/30/2007)

NO! The Falcons aren't "bottom feeders" -- the idiot fans who believed we should have lost for the sake of a draft pick are the "bottom feeders"!

Please explain to me how a franchise with a 40 year history of sucking and that just wrapped up a 4-12 season isn't a bottom feeder...

The Falcons franchise is probably bottom 5 in the NFL.

bottom feeders Dallas Cowboys in the late 1980's parlayed several years of high draft picks along with the Hersel Walker crimnal trade for picks and became kings of the 1990's.

nuf said

So did every other dynasty except the Patriots.

Only illogical Falcon fans would think otherwise.

You build from the bottom up and mostly with very high picks.

When you don't have the high picks you better have a dang good front office which we do not have.

The fact that people can't put this together is frustrating

same people who think that the blockers for the RB are not important or the reason for their elevated success

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)
btrain5489 (12/30/2007)

Please explain to me how a franchise with a 40 year history of sucking and that just wrapped up a 4-12 season isn't a bottom feeder...

Hey, nobody is chaining you down here to stay on, so feel free to leave. People moan and groan when we lose and do the exact same when we win. There's no pleasing some fans!

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)
btrain5489 (12/30/2007)

Hey, nobody is chaining you down here to stay on, so feel free to leave. People moan and groan when we lose and do the exact same when we win. There's no pleasing some fans!

Man what do you expect from a lot of these Falcon Fans. I mean a lot of them probably are the same ones who hoped we didn't make the playoffs just so Jim Mora could get fired. I say that turned out pretty well.

Lets play every year for a top 5 pick. WHOOPIE SOUNDS LIKE FUN YAYYYYYYYYYY.:w00t:

I CHEER FOR TOP 3 PICKS YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah because rooting for a team to lose on Week 1 of a season where anything can happen (like worst to first curse) is the same as rooting to lose in Week 17 in a meaningless game against an opposing team that's not even a rival, who you can't even play spoiler against, while they are playing their backups.

busboyisback (12/30/2007

What about Cade McKnown, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Akili Smith??? Tim Couch??? David Carr???

Elway was a Colts Draft Pick!!!! The Broncos didnt get him by being lousy!!!

Mean Joe Greene was drafted before Bradshaw !!!! Chuck Noll knew he had to stop the other teams before outscoring them. Mean Joe went to a small school (North Texas)- hardly a national power.

How many years had the Colts made the Playoffs in Indianapolis before Peyton? How many games did they win in Post Season before Dungy!!!!!

Each of those players came to the teams shortly after a regime change!!!!! They developed because leadership established a climate & environment for them to thrive in. I dont want the Falcons to look like the average NBA teams. Thats what bad management will do to a franchise. Its not all about Brady & Moss. Bellichik, Robert Kraft & that Front office has a lot to do with them staying on top. In all this time the Pats may have only 2 Hall of Famers & they are deep enough to get rid of malcontents.

One player didnt turn those teams around is my point. Steve Young didnt turn the Buccanees around. Joe Montana was a third Round Pick & Brady was a 6th Rounder! We dont need to keep overpaying for busts and mediocre talent. Thats why we need solid front office people.

Lets play every year for a top 5 pick. WHOOPIE SOUNDS LIKE FUN YAYYYYYYYYYY.:w00t:

Yeah because rooting for a team to lose on Week 1 of a season where anything can happen (like worst to first curse) is the same as rooting to lose in Week 17 in a meaningless game against an opposing team that's not even a rival, who you can't even play spoiler against, while they are playing their backups.

good point. Am I proud my team squeaked by a team that didn't care if they won by playing the subs? some pride.

WhenFalconsWin (12/30/2007)

good point. Am I proud my team squeaked by a team that didn't care if they won by playing the subs? some pride.

If they really didn't care their core starters would've been in until 3rd on O', and 4th on D'...Tell that to Holmgren who was bitching out his palyers with 54 seconds to go!

nice point

however the NFL has frowned upon teams that lose on purpose and this has been discussed over the years in and around the NFL so teams have to be creative on how they rest players and how they look when they lose. Holmgren was born to have hissey fits like Coughlin. The point is Seattle did not have to win and played a full roster of players

Diehard is right. One player is NOT going to make this team better. All of you crying about our draft position are the same ones crying that Vick did not make us a "one-man" team so why cry about getting "one" guy now. And Busboy, good grief, are you under the age of 21 or something? The Colts came an azz hair of letting Manning hit free-agency, that's why he got 90+ million from them. They waited until the last minute in the last year of his contract to re-sign him and he took them to the bank. They WAITED because they were tired of it taking so long for things to get going right. It took about what? SEVEN f-ing years. Everyone forgets that. Elway? Was there for longer than that and was known as a choker (like Manning before they FINALLY broke thru) and had to pull a coup to get rid of that coach and STILL would have NEVER won if not for Terrell Davis. And Bradshaw...HAHAHAHA, he straight STUNK the 1st two to three years he was there and Pittsburgh fans hated him when he 1st got there. It takes an orginization that has a good GM and coach in place to take advantage of having a # 2 pick for THAT to work out, not to mention THE MONEY. If Manning can turn his nose up at San Diego or Elway can do the same with the Colts, WTF makes you think McFadden or whoever wouldn't do the same with us? They turned those teams down because of their reputations for futility. Now who owns that moniker more than us? That's ALL we need to to make what makes this terrible season worse is to have a player hold out for the 1st ten games of next year. Yeah, that would be great. Instead of sinking what little $$$ we do have on ONE player when all you all did was complain about our wins because of "ONE" player? I swear, I don't understand what some of you are thinking about. THINK people and stop watching so much ESPN.:doze: