Why Do People Think a High Draft Pick will change this Franchise Around?

Look people this is not basketball where a LeBron James can come in and change a franchise around. This is football where you have to actually build a team to win. You would think that the History of this Franchise losing would tell you that just because you get a high pick it doesn't mean your Franchise would be turned around. If getting high Draft Picks was the key to being a great Franchise then we would of been had back to back winning seasons.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE **** GAME. :angry:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodhoundz Reborn (12/30/2007)
Look people this is not basketball where a LeBron James can come in and change a franchise around. This is football where you have to actually build a team to win. You would think that the History of this Franchise losing would tell you that just because you get a high pick it doesn't mean your Franchise would be turned around. If getting high Draft Picks was the key to being a great Franchise then we would of been had back to back winning seasons.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE **** GAME. :angry:

Our old QB was a high pick and he took a relatively crappy franchise and made them matter... high draft pick IMPACT players are just that..impact players and there aren't many of them that come out each year.

Actually it'll take a few high draft picks to turn the Falcons around. Unfortunately, the Falcons like to play well when the game is blacked out. So next season watch them go 8-0 in the dome or something and slot us somewhere in the 10-15 range.

Also im sorta tired of people just thinking about the 1st round. We wasn't playing for just a higher 1st rnd pick we was playing for higher spots in every rnd it gives us a better chance to grab the player that our front office thinks is the better player instead of having to waste picks to trade up for someone they might want.

FalconFan13 (12/30/2007)
Also im sorta tired of people just thinking about the 1st round. We wasn't playing for just a higher 1st rnd pick we was playing for higher spots in every rnd it gives us a better chance to grab the player that our front office thinks is the better player instead of having to waste picks to trade up for someone they might want.

Thank you. This is the point that is not clicking in the heads of people.

It's not about McFadden. Of course we could still get a good 1st round pick. It's EVERY ROUND we could end up just missing out on a player.

We know more than one pick makes a team. That's why we are bummed out because it affects ALL of our picks.

And we know we don't exactly have the greatest guys at drafting anyway so the higher the pick the better in terms of them less likely to screw it up!

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
FalconFan13 (12/30/2007)

Thank you. This is the point that is not clicking in the heads of people.

It's not about McFadden. Of course we could still get a good 1st round pick. It's EVERY ROUND we could end up just missing out on a player.

We know more than one pick makes a team. That's why we are bummed out because it affects ALL of our picks.

And we know we don't exactly have the greatest guys at drafting anyway so the higher the pick the better in terms of them less likely to screw it up!

Exactly. As long as Rich McFraud is involved with the Falcons he's liable to add his 1.5 cents and screw up our pick.

If the Falcons aren't picking a guy that everyone in the league agrees is a stud, chances are they're picking a bust with McFraud in the building.

What does winning this last game do for us? Does this give us momentum for next year? Please do not answer 'yes' to that. You're right there's no guarantee that the guy we would have drafted at say #3 vs #6 would be better or even make more of an immediate impact, but the higher pick allows for more options. I think it's those options that mean more now and in the future than this win. Hey, but that's just me .. I'm trying to be realistic and not just think with my heart.

Shiney_McShine (12/30/2007)
I'm glad they won. As a STH, I want to have fun at games and today was fun. There is ALWAYS talent in the draft. I'd rather pick later when you can pick for need then early when you have to take the BPA and are forced to acquire a player that does not suit immediate needs.

McFadden isn't a need pick? The Falcons don't need a franchise, every down, RB?

I don't suppose you think Warrick "Done" Dunn, and Jerious "Nicked-up" Norwood are going to handle that role?

With all the holes the Falcons have, picking BPA at 2-4 would have likely filled any one of our numerous holes...its not like the list of needs for Atlanta is short.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE **** GAME.

I would agree with that if I didn't remember this past season.

This season was a waste of all our lives. The Falcons really screwed up when they hired Petino and that was reinforced today.

Just imagine we might have been competetive this past season if we had an NFL staff in place instead of another "big name quick fix."

This win pisses me off because the FIRST thing I think is WHY DID THEY WAIT UNTIL THE LAST GAME TO PLAY LIKE THAT!

Why? Because vets know there is going to be huge turnaround and they want a shot on another team that has a chance at winning. We are going to be rebuilding for several years.

dcfalcons (12/30/2007)
What does winning this last game do for us? Does this give us momentum for next year? Please do not answer 'yes' to that. You're right there's no guarantee that the guy we would have drafted at say #3 vs #6 would be better or even make more of an immediate impact, but the higher pick allows for more options. I think it's those options that mean more now and in the future than this win. Hey, but that's just me .. I'm trying to be realistic and not just think with my heart.

When you apply logic and reason over emotion, no one can defend this win.

Sure we will all find a silver lining when we cool off a couple days from now.

But there is no defense of it being better than losing in the long run.

Oh the Irony of Falcon fans. A few years back Fans moaned and complained because Michael Vick admitted he quit in the last game of the year. Now all of a sudden a whole bunch of Falcon fans wants the team to quit and lose.

Irony at it's finest.

Are you kidding?????

We are talking about in a season where we were going for our first back to back winning seasons in FRANCHISE HISTORY

And you're comparing that to trying to rebuild a franchise in the midst of losing our franchise player with a chance to get a top 3 pick in every round in order to do so????

Oh the Irony of Falcon fans. A few years back Fans moaned and complained because Michael Vick admitted he quit in the last game of the year. Now all of a sudden a whole bunch of Falcon fans wants the team to quit and lose.

Irony at it's finest.

I wasn't one of those fans.

I understand that guys play for a shot at a ring and once that shot is gone there isn't much to play for.

Irony at it's finest.

Are you kidding?????

We are talking about in a season where we were going for our first back to back winning seasons in FRANCHISE HISTORY

And you're comparing that to trying to rebuild a franchise in the midst of losing our franchise player with a chance to get a top 3 pick in every round in order to do so????

Please tell me what in the **** that has to do with what I just said?

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)
Shiney_McShine (12/30/2007)
I'm glad they won. As a STH, I want to have fun at games and today was fun. There is ALWAYS talent in the draft. I'd rather pick later when you can pick for need then early when you have to take the BPA and are forced to acquire a player that does not suit immediate needs.

McFadden isn't a need pick? The Falcons don't need a franchise, every down, RB?

I don't suppose you think Warrick "Done" Dunn, and Jerious "Nicked-up" Norwood are going to handle that role?

With all the holes the Falcons have, picking BPA at 2-4 would have likely filled any one of our numerous holes...its not like the list of needs for Atlanta is short.

Just like Reggie Bush wasn't a need pick. What did he bring to the Saints? Duece McAllistar is the better RB. They improved because they got a coach that was smarter, and a QB that could throw the ball in the right direction. The Falcons don't need McFadden.....He is too much like Norwood, who is already under contract, for much less money.

btrain5489 (12/30/2007)

Irony at it's finest.

I wasn't one of those fans.

I understand that guys play for a shot at a ring and once that shot is gone there isn't much to play for.

I wasn't either because I know most players pack it in once their playoff hopes are gone.

You're calling fans hypocritical for being angry at Vick for tanking a final game vs Carolina.

That game vs Carolina happened to be a game that could have given this team back to back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history while knocking the Panthers out of the playoffs.

That's a little freaking different than a chance at a top 3 pick in every round and tanking. There is actually a helluva lot more to gain by losing in the 2nd scenario.

What a joke of a comparison

Irony at it's finest.

Truly.

You're calling fans hypocritical for being angry at Vick for tanking a final game vs Carolina.

That game vs Carolina happened to be a game that could have given this team back to back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history while knocking the Panthers out of the playoffs.

That's a little freaking different than a chance at a top 3 pick in every round and tanking. There is actually a helluva lot more to gain by losing in the 2nd scenario.

What a joke of a comparison

Nah you're the joke. Quitting is quitting I don't care what the comparison is. Back to Back winning season is not important if it doesn't produce back to back Playoff seasons. So yes my comparison was accurate.

Keep in mind getting to draft 2nd instead of 7th not only apply to 1st round but also 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on. Picking a couple spots higher than another team in each round might be the different of getting the players you want where you drafted instead of having to trade up to get them.