For those who think we ended on a high note..

There is no moral victory here, we did not gain "momentum" for next year! Half the players and all of the coaches will be somewhere else next year. All we did was screw ourselves out of Jake Long or at least a chance to trade down and get some players or picks. We could not even stop Seattle's backup QB and RBs. Our defense is horrible. We have so many holes to fill it's ridiculous. Come draft day nobody will be feeling "momentum" when we watch the top picks go to some other team. This is the perfect way to cap the season from ****. We can't even win without really losing. Just venting, but I'm pis**ed!..

vafalconfan (12/30/2007)
There is no moral victory here, we did not gain "momentum" for next year! Half the players and all of the coaches will be somewhere else next year. All we did was screw ourselves out of Jake Long or at least a chance to trade down and get some players or picks. We could not even stop Seattle's backup QB and RBs. Our defense is horrible. We have so many holes to fill it's ridiculous. Come draft day nobody will be feeling "momentum" when we watch the top picks go to some other team. This is the perfect way to cap the season from ****. We can't even win without really losing. Just venting, but I'm pis**ed!..

Congrats on wishing your team would lose. You must be proud!

vafalconfan (12/30/2007)

anytime you can prevent your 1st string from getting beat by another teams 2nd and 3rd string is a moral victory even if your the falcons

falcndave (12/30/2007)
Ok, its very simple. After limping into the last two off-seasons with the big "QUITTERS" tag hanging over their heads, I'll take the effort and the win.

I guess I'm too old school. You will NEVER make me believe that losing is a good idea. There is no such thing as a bad win.

Let me reiterate...

You will NEVER EVER EVER make me believe that losing is a good idea.

I gotta get away from these boards for a bit. All of the whiny bellyaching from these so-called fans whining about us actually WINNING a game is making me sick.

Buncha pathetic candy-*** thumbsuckers...

vafalconfan (12/30/2007)
And with the #2 or 3 overall pick how great would the pressure be to draft McFadden, who would not correct ANY problem you mentioned above? We all know Blank dives in head first to try to make a splash by getting a big name player & it would be almost impossible to keep him from screwing up and drafting McFadden.

vafalconfan (12/30/2007)

vafalconfan, you are right and all these others below are just wrong - they don't understand that you build a team through the draft - the difference between the 2nd overall pick and the 7th overall pick is HUGE! I am not, and no one is saying the Falcons should have "played to lose" but its just more frustrating when they needed to lose to help the team rebuild.

Falcons were #8 overall last year and drafted Jamal Anderson who looks like a "bust" at this point. If Falcons would have been at #7, we likely would have taken Adrian Peterson who will be the Rookie of the year and is arguably in running for MVP. Draft picks and draft order matter greatly!

quite honestly, im happy we won but im a little upset in how we won. if were gonna win and lose draft position i would have rather it been a blowout, at least then it would be a little sweeter. the fact our defense gave up that many points to backups is a little upsetting. kudos to the offense though, they played great and i liked the playcalling today. take this as a good thing. look at the improvement over the past few weeks. i dont think were as bad as everyone thinks we are. hopefully im right and we can have a good offseason and come back next year with a bang. i mean honestly, look at our division, every team that has won it the past few years had horrible seasons the year before. maybe next year is our turn.

You know, if we had the coaching staff intact I would feel different, but the 2008 Atlanta Falcons are going to be made up of quite a few different players and we will have all new coaches. That's why taking Abraham to the locker room and shooting him full of bute of whatever they did to get him back in there was ridiculous. It was a meaningless game that cost us in acquiring players for next season..

You can call this what you want as far as victories go. All I know is that I'm glad they won a game. I have to watch the game highlights on the web cause it didn't get played here in Japan (of course). So congrats to the birds and I hope that the organization can keep it's potential great players and continue to build a better team.

g-dawg (12/30/2007)
vafalconfan (12/30/2007)

vafalconfan, you are right and all these others below are just wrong - they don't understand that you build a team through the draft - the difference between the 2nd overall pick and the 7th overall pick is HUGE! I am not, and no one is saying the Falcons should have "played to lose" but its just more frustrating when they needed to lose to help the team rebuild.

Falcons were #8 overall last year and drafted Jamal Anderson who looks like a "bust" at this point. If Falcons would have been at #7, we likely would have taken Adrian Peterson who will be the Rookie of the year and is arguably in running for MVP. Draft picks and draft order matter greatly!

2 years ago, Mario Williams, another DE, drafted at #1 overall looked like a bust especially since he went in front of Reggie Bush. Year 2 was a whole lot different. We can still hope Anderson breaks out in his 2nd year like that.

As for Peterson coming here, do you think he would have the same success? The Vikings had a excellent OL in place for him to run behind, we didn't, and still don't.

g-dawg (12/30/2007)
vafalconfan (12/30/2007)

yea I mean look at detroit they have like 6 strait top 10 picks and they ro...................

oh wait they still suck, if you needed ANY proof that having high draft picks are over rated look no further then the lions......................**** they even drafted the "greatest player in the history of pro sports", "maybe even the greatest person in the history of man kind" in calvin johnson yet they STILL finished with a losing record.

I think this was a great win. I have been saying on this MB for a while that the new GM and HC was watching. This win showed some promise. It is evident that this team has more talent than what we were made to believe.

BP never allowed chemistry to develop. His QB rotation sucked. He had Redman on the bench which never made sense. Here is a QB that knows your playbook and is more mobile out of the three???

The staff today showed with time they could put together a better game plan than BP. The last couple of games were more like a preseason for them because they had to change or simplfy things so much. The OL blocked!!

Now a true and proven Gm will see that with a couple of pieces on the OL, bigger RB, DT, SS, KR this team could be competitve. He can make these moves in FA and draft.

Coaches will be lining up tomorrow morning just because the Falcons just beat a playoff team.

P.S. Roddy White and Redman kicked the ##### out of Mora's backfield.

Let me take you back in time..April 2007 draft day-

"With the 7th pick the Minnesota Vikings select running back Adrian Peterson".

"With the 8th pick the Atlanta FAlcons select DE Jamall Anderson".

So,....does one draft slot make a diffference?.. One is a bust the other is rookie of the year.

I want to win the season, not a meaningless game. You can't see the dollar for the dime.

I've seen it all. You people ##### when we lose then ##### when we win. WTF? Get over McFadden, we need an o-line more than we need a RB. If you so called fans do want us to win to go find another team to support. How can you be pissed when your team loses. That is the point of football or any other organized team sport. WIN BABY WIN.

If Dorsey/McFadden/Ellis become allpro's, and we end up with just a solid player, or a bust(considering this franchise, which do you think is more likely?), then winning this game was absolutely the worst thing the team could have done for the future of the franchise....which is just about what we should expect out of the Falcons....if we end up with a great player anyway...then I'm glad we won.

Lol at the little message board nazi's.."winnings always good"....not if winning a meaningless game against the scrubs of a playoff team cost us a franchise difference maker...that's called winning the battle, against pathetic opposition, just to lose the war. Too many "old school" posters are thinking tactically, not strategically. No one wants the team to lose...we just think that winning this game hurts us in the long run.