Congrats Jamaal!

Striker42

You went 16 straight starts at DE without a sack. I'm not sure that has ever been done before. Let this be a lesson to you that you're not entitled to success based on your draft status. You have to keep working as hard as you can every day. You let yourself slide an inch and the results can be catastrophic.

Come back next season with a passion to succeed or be prepared to face down your future as a despised draft bust.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norwood32 (12/30/2007)
The man didn't even have a tackle today.

How is he still starting? Or was he still starting. I'm all for him learning and I hope he can become a dominant player in this league. However, he did start all 16 games, didnt get a sack all year, and didnt even get a tackle today? You're kidding?

Striker42 (12/30/2007)
You went 16 straight starts at DE without a sack. I'm not sure that has ever been done before. Let this be a lesson to you that you're not entitled to success based on your draft status. You have to keep working as hard as you can every day. You let yourself slide an inch and the results can be catastrophic.

Come back next season with a passion to succeed or be prepared to face down your future as a despised draft bust.

Man but good thing we won one more game that season right?

adkchamp (12/30/2007)
Absolute (12/30/2007)
Pathetic

No...then next season he will learn and become one of the best at his spot and you'll be all over his crotch....idiot

Sorry, but there's nothing new he can possibly "learn" in his 17th, 18th or 100th game that he couldn't "learn" in his first 16 games. Vastly overrated talent. Can you say "bust"?

Striker42 (12/30/2007)

stop being a busta and support your team

millejb (12/30/2007)
This is his third year at the position, second year starting at the position, he was drafted as somewhat of a project. Mario Williams was considered a bust his first year and played outstanding this year, give the man a chance to grow into one of the toughest positions to play in the NFL.

It's way more than a lack of experience. Jamaal looks slow, weak, and listless out there. Unless he kills himself to get into shape he's not gonna have the tools to play DE in the NFL

millejb (12/30/2007)
This is his third year at the position, second year starting at the position, he was drafted as somewhat of a project. Mario Williams was considered a bust his first year and played outstanding this year, give the man a chance to grow into one of the toughest positions to play in the NFL.

Mario is not a good comparison to Jamaal. First off, Mario is a RDE, not a LDE. Second, Mario was a three year starter at NC State, and was a force from day one. He gets drafted by the Texans and played with a foot injury almost the entire year, hence why he struggled. Even in his "struggles" he still ended last year with 4.5 sacks with 47 tackles (35 solo) with a foot injury.

Now I hope Jamaal tears it up and makes us all eat our words next year. I'd rather the Falcons be successful and look stupid than be right on my opinions of a player. However, there is no excusing it, this has been a bad rookie campaign for Jamaal.

Striker42 (12/30/2007)
millejb (12/30/2007)

It's way more than a lack of experience. Jamaal looks slow, weak, and listless out there. Unless he kills himself to get into shape he's not gonna have the tools to play DE in the NFL

I watched him the entire game. He is slow off the ball, has horrible technique, gets put on the ground waaaaaay to easily, and gets manhandled one-on-one.

I am starting to think he is a bust. BIG TIME.

BruceReville (12/30/2007)
Kevin Greene - Chris Doleman - MICHAEL STRAHAN - John Randle

Combined their first year in the NFL had 2.5 sacks -- So What?!

They are only the 3rd - 4th- 5th- 6th ranking sack leaders in the NFL -- Man those first years were true measures of how they would turn out! :w00t:

Kevin Greene- 5th round pick.

Chris Doleman- 1st round.

Michael Strahan- 2nd round pick.

John Randle- Undrafted.

None of these guys were starters there first years, were all backups. 16 games, no sacks, and 27 tackles isn't good. I agree that it is way too early to call him a bust, but he didn't do a good job this year.

ramar (12/30/2007)
adkchamp (12/30/2007)
Absolute (12/30/2007)
Pathetic

No...then next season he will learn and become one of the best at his spot and you'll be all over his crotch....idiot

Sorry, but there's nothing new he can possibly "learn" in his 17th, 18th or 100th game that he couldn't "learn" in his first 16 games. Vastly overrated talent. Can you say "bust"?

how can he be a bust after one season....payton's first year was horrible, but look at him now....everyone can't be a stud they're first year

marinetildeath (12/30/2007)
i'm pretty sure he isn't the only de in nfl history to not get a sack his rookie year...that's like expecting every db to get a pick...he's out there playing and we're not, so who's getting the last laugh

The thing is, he was picked #8 (top 10). When you are drafted that high you are expected to perform and you would think that in 16 games (all starts) he could have at least got a half sack but he didn't. That is pathetic. i am not calling him a bust yet but this year was a learning experience for the young man.