Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm are a lock now

rexfalcon

ya seriously fo realz. I think the only thing draft wise that could be dissapointing is that we wont have much of a chance at Jake Long if were outside of the top 5. But i dont know if we would have went that direction anyways. If we didnt draft an O-lineman in the top 5 then i didnt care about anyone else. now with us moving down a little we can explore position players of high value. mcfadden wont be there most likely but whoever we get we wont have to break the bank over a top 5 pick caliber player either.

DRAFT PICKS ARE NEVER A GUARANTEED SUCCESS. whoever we get i'll support we cant determine who will bust and who will be great. but at least we wont be paying that player $10+ in extra salary for a single rookie player.

I'm not sold on Brian Brohm, I dont want him here. Also, even though I like Ryan as a QB, what he said about the Falcons he should be crossed off the list. The last thing you need in an already losing situation is another malcontent in the locker room, especially one you're going to pay a boatload to.

jwnelson33 (12/30/2007)
why do u believe Matt Ryan will be a bust??

Well, I think he means Ryan needs a lot of protection because he has some slow feet, and we are virtually talentless on the oline. I think he's a good Qb, but I don't think we have what he needs to be successful.

NiteFalcon (12/30/2007)
ya seriously fo realz. I think the only thing draft wise that could be dissapointing is that we wont have much of a chance at Jake Long if were outside of the top 5. But i dont know if we would have went that direction anyways. If we didnt draft an O-lineman in the top 5 then i didnt care about anyone else. now with us moving down a little we can explore position players of high value. mcfadden wont be there most likely but whoever we get we wont have to break the bank over a top 5 pick caliber player either.

DRAFT PICKS ARE NEVER A GUARANTEED SUCCESS. whoever we get i'll support we cant determine who will bust and who will be great. but at least we wont be paying that player $10+ in extra salary for a single rookie player.

dude, remember when we drafted Lincoln Kennedy.

He was like Jake Long, he never did anything whatsoever.

We are in a position where we have to take a quarterback in the first round. It will either be Ryan or Brohm. Some one is going to have to be groomed as the future of this franchise. There are no good quarterbacks on the horizon in 2009 except for Matthew Stafford. Lineman and Runningbacks will be deep into the fourth round. We have to strike in the first.

michaelgee (12/30/2007)
NiteFalcon (12/30/2007)

Yes he did. He just sucked for us, but was awesome for the Raiders for years.

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
This is the biggest reason why Im angry about this win.

We probably want nothing to do with Louisville.

My goodness we're going to take that bust Matt Ryan.

We'll be begging Vick to come back in 3 seasons

Vick isnt coming back, even if we go 0-for next 3000. I suggest you turn your head around and get behind this team or go cheer for the Prison Knights.

I'm torn between Brohm and Ryan. They are both talented and who knows what'll happen between now and the time their careers are made?

I think either would be great.

ghoticov (12/30/2007)
Why does everyone here think we are going to select a QB in the first round? I think that is a stretch.

I believe Redman will be our QB next year and we will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round so he cant sit and learn the NFL game.

I agree. These are some of the Qb's outside of the first round that I like.

1. Erik Ainge- Has been inconsistent, not able to win the big game. However, I heard the same thing about Peyton Manning as well, look how that turned out. Interesting to note here that he has been tutored by David Cutcliffe (who tutored both Manning brothers) and by Manning himself. At 6'5 he definitely has the size you like, but he may be a little to slow to play behind our crappy oline. Definitely deserves a look in the 2ndround.

2. Joe Flacco- I love his size and arm strength (6'6 230) , but the level of competition he's gone up against is a concern (Played at Deleware). Would warrant 3rd round consideration and should sit behind Redman for a year to be brought up to speed.

3. Dennis Dixon- Almost a Heisman trophy candidate before his injury. Extremely mobile, very good arm strength, and with these two combined he may be able to survive behind our oline. At 6'4, 210, has the height but will need to put on more muscle to withstand playing in the NFL. An ACL tear is a serious injury, and it is unknown what kind of player he will be when he comes back. Still, I would have no problem taking him in the 3rd round.

noel47 (12/30/2007)
colt brennan depending on how he does in the sugar bowl!!!

the only QB im excited for this draft

Just say no to system QB's. Andre Ware, David Klingler, and virtually all Florida QB's that played for Steve Spurrier. I know it's mind boggling to see his numbers, but that won't work in the NFL.

busboyisback (12/30/2007)
This is the biggest reason why Im angry about this win.

We probably want nothing to do with Louisville.

THis is dumb. Why blame a player the caliber of Brian Brohm b/c Petrino quit on this team. That is like saying Redman should not be starting b/c of Petrino. Brohm is a great player with all the qualities the pros look for in a QB. Tall, Pocket passer that can read defenses.

My goodness we're going to take that bust Matt Ryan.

We'll be begging Vick to come back in 3 seasons

michaelgee (12/30/2007)
NiteFalcon (12/30/2007)

except started at guard for the oakland raiders when they went to the playoffs 3 straight years

• 9 months later...