Advantages And Disadvantages of Todays Win....

Well...its good that the team played with heart and pride. They didin't give up. So thats good. You always want to win the football game. The disadvantage, which is what I see most people upset about is, McFadden is now gone. And I honestly think that Jake Long is gone too. So what we will do? I have no idea. But, at least the team showed promise. I suppose we might trade down. But hey, today was a win. And I'll take that for what it is. a Win. We can't change it so lets just deal with it and move on.

How do you feel about todays win? good or bad?

Go Falcons!

i feel great. even at 5 or 6 or wherever we end up (no worse then 7) we will still have a chance to get a great player. No one player in this draft will make us a SB contender next year. We have to rely on building a team and not trying to ride a Superstar's cape to victories (you would think we would have learned that by now).

It was great to see that Redman and the offense played great. It was great to see the defensive turnovers. It was great to see redzone production and points off of turnovers. It was great to see the team play with heart.

31 teams will miss out on McFadden in the draft. I'm sure a lot of teams will win games next year without McFadden on their roster. We will still get a great player.

I think its good that we won. I'm happy to see our team didn't give up and went out there and played with heart. I'm glad Emmitt Thomas got a win as a Head Coach. Yes, we dropped in the draft but 1 player won't make our team great, we need players working together as a team to bring success to this franchise.

DerrtyBirdGirl (12/30/2007)
Well...its good that the team played with heart and pride. They didin't give up. So thats good. You always want to win the football game. The disadvantage, which is what I see most people upset about is, McFadden is now gone. And I honestly think that Jake Long is gone too. So what we will do? I have no idea. But, at least the team showed promise. I suppose we might trade down. But hey, today was a win. And I'll take that for what it is. a Win. We can't change it so lets just deal with it and move on.

Go Falcons!

dbg,

if you are a Falcon Fan there is no way you can't be torn by todays win.

Sure, we always want to win.

I am especially proud to see our TEAM stand up and have Pride on the way ourt of a terrible season. Very Proud for the players.

I also hate that we went way down on the draft picks. A lot will be different, now we will never know what might have been with McFadden as the FACE of the TEAM.

I honestly thought that McFadden would replace Vick and help us heal .

Now that is gone.

Go Falcons!

We cant change it so deal with it??? Who the heck wants to change it?? This win made my day, week, month.

I'm glad we won, deal with it.

Some people wanted us to win to maintain a good draft status. But Like I said..Im glad we won. I was tired of the losing streak. Im just saying there is no use is getting angry over the game when we can't change the outcome. We won, so those who don't like it just have to deal with it. We can still get a good player in the draft. Im not worried at all. Draft status does not prove a players capabilities in the NFL.

I feel great about this win!

I mean, really, I feel good. It beats having your guts ripped out during the entire year. All this team has to do is start drafting offensive and defensive lineman and NOT to load up on skill positions. Someone has to block for you or plug holes for you. The Jacksonville Jaguars are a prime example of good line play.

Well lets look at both

Advantages

1. Our record looks better

2. We beat a group of 2nd and 3rd string scrubs.

3. We can start next season knowing our first team just barley beat 2nd and 3rd stringers.

4. Emmit Thomas gets a win as HC.

5. players can pretend they beat a real team.

Disadvantages

1. At worst we would have had the 4th pick and if the Jets and Rams win would have been 2nd

2. We loose any chance at a Franchise player

3. We didn't get really any chance to look at the kids for next year.

4. This was a meaningless game

5. This team didn't get a good look at the backups and rookies.

If this game was actually something they could build on I would be very happy, but most likely next season we will have a new offense and defense so anything gained today will count for nothing. I hope I am wrong

hold on...

Im glad we won. I was tired of the losing streak. Im just saying there is no use is getting angry over the game when we can't change the outcome. We won, so those who don't like it just have to deal with it. We can still get a good player in the draft. Im not worried at all. Draft status does not prove a players capabilities in the NFL.

As long as we don't blow the 1st rnd pick again this year like last then im cool with the win. Clady or Laranitis has to be the pick. We screwed up passing on a stud MLB last year in Willis we can't afford to do it again unless we are fixing the o-line with the best LT in the draft in Clady. If we pick Matt Ryan then it will be a horrible loss. But with that win it showed we aren't as bad as alot of people said and it will make hc's look harder at us and see what we have to work with for them.

we need the ravens, rams, and jets to win and it could get real interesting. even if we pick 7th it may be a blessing in disguise. if we end up with brohm at 7 when we might have taken someone else, we might be real thankful in a season or two. we were going to take todd van poppel over chipper jones as it turns out i think the A's took van poppel ahead of us and we ended up with a perrenial all star while they drafted a bust.

McFadden would have been gone no matter what, Jake Long will be a bust.

The only thing that saddens me is not getting Sedrick Ellis, but we still have a good chance at him. We will draft Chris Williamson and Vince Hall (to take over for Brookings) get Alan Faneca and we are all set.

you guys crack me up with all the doom and gloom sunday aint even over yet we still could end up picking 4th and at worst 7th at those positions we have a chance for several franchise players Clady at OT, Ellis at DT and Laurinaitis all players that could be drafted at where we will be picking and all great players

I'm glad we one, if we laid down I would have been disappointed. That would have been wimpish Having the 2 draft wouldnt have gaurenteed mcfadden. possibly of a draft day trade parcells likes to do is likely. the 1 and 2 picks last year really vaulted thier teams into the super bowl huh? I didnt see Brady going in the first, or montana. Its not the draft spot its how you evaluate talent

I would have loved that #2 pick, we could have traded down and got 2 players. I'm not really hype about this win, it's not like we were 0-15. There's no difference between 3-13 and 4-12 pride wise. It would be different if it made us 8-8 or 9-7. It's been a rough season.:(

This looks like a good thread to post my opinion...

This seems to be a pretty sore issue for some fans. You've got the group that wants the team to lose for the chance at the greater good for the team by getting the big named players in the draft. Then you have the fans that believe it's best to win every game regardless of the consequences.

I can see it a bit from both angles. I wanted the Falcons to have a better draft pick so that they could get the chance at some of the impact players in this year's draft. But at the same time, I realize that to the players repeatedly losing is going to wear them down mentally.

So on one end, you've got the chance to draft some bigger named players at the possible cost of your team's morale. On the other end, you lose out on the chance of a big named player but maybe the team will be inspired.

My biggest problem with the whole thing is that people seem to think the people that would rather us get the higher pick are somehow not real fans? These people simply want what they believe is best for this team's future. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that their intention isn't to better their team.

CHECK THIS OUT:

With the New England Patriots trailing Denver by a point and facing fourth down from their 1 late in the fourth quarter, Coach Bill Belichick told Lonie Paxton to snap the ball out of the end zone.

An intentional safety? Yes, it was an unusual strategy. And it worked to perfection Monday night.

The play stretched the Broncos' lead to 26-23, but it ended up working in the Patriots' favor. New England got a free-kick punt from its 20, instead of a punt from the back of the end zone, got a break on the free kick that put the ball on the Denver 16 and, after holding the Broncos on three downs, got the ball back on its 42 with more than two minutes left.

And that was enough time for the Patriots to drive down the field and score the winning touchdown with 30 seconds to go on an 18-yard pass from Tom Brady to David Givens.

Not exactly the same, but you get the idea.

Culain (12/30/2007)
Well lets look at both

Advantages

1. Our record looks better

That is the general idea, to have a better record

2. We beat a group of 2nd and 3rd string scrubs.

With the injuries we had this year we are playing our 2nd, 3rd, 4th string

3. We can start next season knowing our first team just barley beat 2nd and 3rd stringers.

We start the seaon with no loses

4. Emmit Thomas gets a win as HC.

And that means more to me as a fan of the organization than almost anything else today

5. players can pretend they beat a real team.

The NFL has 32 real teams, we just beat one of the other 31.

Disadvantages

1. At worst we would have had the 4th pick and if the Jets and Rams win would have been 2nd

So now we pick no worse than 7

So now we don't have to tie up $50Mil in Cap space on a rookie, and look at this years top 10. How many "Franchise" players do you see? I see maybe 1, and DMC isn't worth $50Mil of CAP space.

Grimes, Babs, Nicholas, Robinson, Anderson, Houston, Blalock all played a lot of snaps.

It meant a lot to me. It meant a lot to Coach Thomas and the team. Sorry it didn't mean anything to you.

See point 3 above. Lot's of "rookies and backups" have been playing all year.

If this game was actually something they could build on I would be very happy, but most likely next season we will have a new offense and defense so anything gained today will count for nothing. I hope I am wrong

Disadvantages

This a pathetic way to look at the situation. WOuld you have liked our team to go out and forfeit the game so that we could evaluate talent for next year. First off, we beat the starters of the Seahawks for most of the game. Also, we tied them in the first half and they were running plays to win the game. Yes, we beat the second QB on a Playoff team in the fourth quarter, but the next HC will look at the game film and make grades on evaluating talent and seeing what players play hard and what players just gave up b/c the season was over.

We did not just beat a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string players who did not care. If you saw Holmgreen the whole game he was upset at how his team did not execute. This game allows us to see if Redman and the offense can actually produce decent numbers. Also, we learn that Norwood is never going to be a every down back (cannot block worth sh*T).

I would have liked the number 2 pick also, but a RB, even as good as LT does not guarantee a SB. LT has not taken his team to a SB, neither has Larry Johnson or Reggie Bush. Even Shaun Alexander has been to only one. We need a complete team and we need players to play with pride and we got that today. IT is a start to build something positive. I would like McFadden, but I think Blank said on MNF that our "cards are turned up and we know what we need" (referring to a QB).

I think we draft a QB with the first pick and let him sit behind Redman for a year. We can get a good RB later in the draft. Look at all the good RBs in the league that were drafted or even undrafted: Ryan Grant, WIllie Parker,Brandon Jacobs, etc.