OFFICIAL FALCONS-SEAHAWKS IN-GAME THREAD

All-

Sitting here at my perch in the Georgia Dome press box looking out at pregame warmups and reflecting on the Surreal Season. We've gone on a roller coaster ride in 2007, and it's time for the train to enter the station and for all of us to disembark. There's another train coming in, and it's heading down a track that's far less bumpy, yet much more thrilling. It will take some time, but this organization is laser-focused on one day hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Seems a bit inappropriate to start talking about a championship when this season has been so incredibly disappointing. But that's what leaders and high-character individuals like Arthur Blank do - they thrive when things are most troubled. They're beacons on the sea of discontent. They relish the opportunity to lead us back to greatness.

And they will. We will. It will...GET BETTER.

Folks, enjoy the game this afternoon. It's the last time we'll see Falcons' football for about seven months, at which time things will have changed dramatically. A new team, a new direction and so much renewed hope.

Happy New Year everyone...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FALCONS FOOTBALL?

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

falconsstomp (12/30/2007)
did anyone see falcons gameday live..they showed a long shot of blank and mora talking on the field..man i miss mora, why did he get fired??the coordinators should of been the first to go, not mora..i know he was just smiling in the back of his mind like u so stupid for letting me go.
Him publicly announcing his need to go coach college FB probably did it. Don't keep someone who doesn't want to be here and announces it to the world.

Moderator (12/30/2007)
All-

Sitting here at my perch in the Georgia Dome press box looking out at pregame warmups and reflecting on the Surreal Season. We've gone on a roller coaster ride in 2007, and it's time for the train to enter the station and for all of us to disembark. There's another train coming in, and it's heading down a track that's far less bumpy, yet much more thrilling. It will take some time, but this organization is laser-focused on one day hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Seems a bit inappropriate to start talking about a championship when this season has been so incredibly disappointing. But that's what leaders and high-character individuals like Arthur Blank do - they thrive when things are most troubled. They're beacons on the sea of discontent. They relish the opportunity to lead us back to greatness.

And they will. We will. It will...GET BETTER.

Folks, enjoy the game this afternoon. It's the last time we'll see Falcons' football for about seven months, at which time things will have changed dramatically. A new team, a new direction and so much renewed hope.

Happy New Year everyone...

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FALCONS FOOTBALL?

Mod you mention Blank being a high-character person. Is Blank and the Falcons organization gonna be more concerned than ever about bringing in high character personnel and players and getting rid of low character personnel and players? I guess simplified, my question is, "will Blank finally stand by the Falcon Filter he suggested would be installed when he bought the team?"

Losing is bad. Losing with a team full of low character players and coaches is almost unbearable.

We may not win next season, but lets get quality people and work our way up from there.

JMO.

faninmd (12/30/2007)
As long as Norwood gets 9 carries I'm fine. Some may argue about this but if we loose we will end up better in the long run.

I don't want us to lose. I want to win. But if we loose I will welcome it.

WELL THEN YOU REALLY WANT US TO LOSE. WE NEED TO LOSE SOME OF THESE DEFEATEST FANS.

ghoticov (12/30/2007)
GO FALCONS!!!

Let's go out with a W!

That is the kind of thing you are supposed to say, and winning feels better than losing, but frankly I am not going to be happier with a four win season than a three win season. Who could?

I would rather have a higher round draft pick...that is worth more to the team in the long run. From a glance at the win/loss records Miami has 1 win and we are among three teams that have 3 wins.

If we win today, then there are already three other teams that have 4 wins. That is a big difference in who we get in the first couple of rounds especially.

I'm not saying we should throw the game, just that a victory would be meaningless, except to the egos of the players and some of the fans.

(Not that this decision is entirely up to us anyhow--obviously the Seahawks will have their input as well.)

Let's just get this game in the books and begin to focus on that draft pick this spring. We need a new franchise QB to build on. This has been a terrible season, one that I can't wait to forget, but I'm not going anywhere. I was born and raised in Atlanta and this is the only team I pledge allegiance to. We will win a Superbowl one day within the next 10 years - I can wait.