Shockly will not even be in the NFL next year

jgentry162

finally someone with some sense in their heads that knows shockley isnt the nfl caliber qb..all these uga fans that are falcon fans would stir the pot up and make everyone think hes that good..he was ok in college, but that doesnt necessarily translate to the nfl..this could be a protege of quincy carter..and even when he played in preseason, he didnt look that good, and keep in mind he was playin against 3rd and 4th string defenses..he will never be the starting qb for the falcons or any nfl team..

falconsstomp (12/29/2007)
finally someone with some sense in their heads that knows shockley isnt the nfl caliber qb..all these uga fans that are falcon fans would stir the pot up and make everyone think hes that good..he was ok in college, but that doesnt necessarily translate to the nfl..this could be a protege of quincy carter..and even when he played in preseason, he didnt look that good, and keep in mind he was playin against 3rd and 4th string defenses..he will never be the starting qb for the falcons or any nfl team..

he said shockly not shockley. Shockley is a NFL qb, but shockly isnt.

Flax Fidelis (12/29/2007)
DJ's main problem in college was staying healthy.

DJ's main problem in the NFL has been staying healthy.

Sounds like the guy we need to invest in to me! :crazy:

I thought Dj's problem in college was David Greene. I hope he gets a shot one of these days. He hasn't been in the league long enough to completely discount him yet.

I will say this, DJ Shockley didn't see the field in college because David Greene started until Shockley's 5th year IIRC. And IIRC also, Shockley didn't get hurt the one year he did play.

I'm not saying that we should start Shockley...I'm just saying that he should get a better look before we say he's not going to play a game...I mean, the guy got injured in preseason and most of you figure that's all you need to see. I say at least give him another TC/Presason. If it doesn't shake out, then we'll know for sure. Until then, all this DJ IS THA FUTURE/DJ IS A BUM talk is pure speculation.

But to the thread starter, who is Shockly?

thaflameofatlanta (12/29/2007)

I will say this, DJ Shockley didn't see the field in college because David Greene started until Shockley's 5th year IIRC. And IIRC also, Shockley didn't get hurt the one year he did play.

I'm not saying that we should start Shockley...I'm just saying that he should get a better look before we say he's not going to play a game...I mean, the guy got injured in preseason and most of you figure that's all you need to see. I say at least give him another TC/Presason. If it doesn't shake out, then we'll know for sure. Until then, all this DJ IS THA FUTURE/DJ IS A BUM talk is pure speculation.

its DJ IS DA, not THA, but yea its speculation.

GEORGIAfan (12/29/2007)
thaflameofatlanta (12/29/2007)

its DJ IS DA, not THA, but yea its speculation.

DJ is Da Future!

jgentry162 (12/29/2007)

Enough Said

Oh, so your saying we should all just take your opinion and say "Well that's it for DJ Shockley".

For one thing I saw DJ Shockley on TV just a few days ago and he said he was looking forward to training camp with the Falcons and competing for the starting Job next season whoever it might be at HC/GM/VP etc......

How can you denounce someone who hasn't even had an opportunity yet?

freeze1st (12/30/2007)
jgentry162 (12/29/2007)

Enough Said

Oh, so your saying we should all just take your opinion and say "Well that's it for DJ Shockley".

For one thing I saw DJ Shockley on TV just a few days ago and he said he was looking forward to training camp with the Falcons and competing for the starting Job next season whoever it might be at HC/GM/VP etc......

How can you denounce someone who hasn't even had an opportunity yet?

dude he said Shockly not Shockley. Shockley is da future. Shockly isnt even in the NFL.:w00t:

1st rule of making an arguement is to spell the guys name right.

Headshot (12/29/2007)
While I can't stand the absolute homerism of Georgia fans on this board, I think we can all be intelligent about this and atleast let him have a chance to prove whether he can play at this level.

If he had played for ucf I would still be pulling for him. The reason alot of bulldog fans pull for him is because we watched his every play while at Georgia and know that he can ball with the best of them. I'm a Falcon fan too and a straight up homer with them as well but I do not pull for someone because they went to the school I root for. I root for them because I believe they are talented. I pull for other schools players just as much. Beck would be a good example. Stuck up for him till the end.

I like Redman a whole lot too and if he happens to beat out Shockley in training camp and preseason I root for him just like I would Shock.

The thing that kills me are all the GT fans on here that don't like him because he was part of a school that dominates theirs year in and year out.