Bring Reeves back

jgentry162

We Need to bring back Dan Reeves he knows how to build a team that will get to the Super Bowl. He is a proven winner. Draft McFaddan and bring in a free agent QB like Reeves did with Chandler. We all know he can judge free agent QB's because his first choice was Rich Gannon and he took a team to the Super Bowl too.

Reeves had a streak of bad luck with injuries, He lost both of his RB's Anderson and Hanspard. He lost his entire LB unit. and he lost his best receiver because he had to cut him because he committed a crime in Miami and the only way he got off is he sign with Miami and we all know how that goes.

All I have to say is bring back Dan Reeves

jgentry162 (12/29/2007)
We Need to bring back Dan Reeves he knows how to build a team that will get to the Super Bowl. He is a proven winner. Draft McFaddan and bring in a free agent QB like Reeves did with Chandler. We all know he can judge free agent QB's because his first choice was Rich Gannon and he took a team to the Super Bowl too.

Reeves had a streak of bad luck with injuries, He lost both of his RB's Anderson and Hanspard. He lost his entire LB unit. and he lost his best receiver because he had to cut him because he committed a crime in Miami and the only way he got off is he sign with Miami and we all know how that goes.

I agree wholeheartedly, I think he shouldn't have been let go in 2003. It was Blanks biggest mistake. If we had in 2004 we might have WON the super bowl instead of just getting to the NFCCG. I would love for Dan to be the VP of operations and HIM pick a GM and a head coach even Singletary. Let Mckay do the PR side and the $$$$. Dan has had just as many seasons as Bill Parcells and has taken 2 teams to the super bowl 5 times. (1 Us-4 Denver) Dan will make the Falcons be like a NFL team again. Starts at the top. ;)

Dan took our team to the SUper Bowl and would have done it again had we let him.

Blank just could not stand that he didn't bring in Reeves he wanted it that he got the Falcons their first Super Bowl win. Well Mr Blank bring him back and it will be because of you being smart enough to bring him back. Please don't bring in some one like Singletary who's defense is rated 30th this year and 28th last year.

jgentry162 (12/29/2007)

bring back reeves and the smiths

capologist (12/29/2007)
No, I can't take 5 losing seasons in the next 7 years...

career record is 190-165

11-9 in playoffs

looks like career wise he has a more wins than loses. I'm sure coming to this sorry franchise made his win/loss ratio worse since this is a dysfunctional franchise is one of those special cases that requires extra efforts, so 2 winning seasons out of 7 would make sense.what other coach has a better percentage that has gotten the team to the superbowl not sure why he would even entertain the idea except for maybe he is a native of Ga.

consistentfalcon (12/29/2007)
capologist (12/29/2007)

career record is 190-165

11-9 in playoffs

looks like career wise he has a more wins than loses. I'm sure coming to this sorry franchise made his win/loss ratio worse since this is a dysfunctional franchise is one of those special cases that requires extra efforts, so 2 winning seasons out of 7 would make sense.what other coach has a better percentage that has gotten the team to the superbowl not sure why he would even entertain the idea except for maybe he is a native of Ga.

Still doesn't change the fact that he only had 2 good seasons here. If that's the criteria then let's bring back Leeman Bennett...

capologist (12/29/2007)
capologist (12/29/2007)

career record is 190-165

11-9 in playoffs

Still doesn't change the fact that he only had 2 good seasons here. If that's the criteria then let's bring back Leeman Bennett...

as with reeves i thought it was a mistake to let leeman go. Im not sure if leeman coached any more after the falcons but i liked both of these coaches . face it the falcons are one of the worst franchises in the league

as with reeves i thought it was a mistake to let leeman go. Im not sure if leeman coached any more after the falcons but i liked both of these coaches . face it the falcons are one of the worst franchises in the league

I don't see Reeves as a mistake. His drafting was horrid...

capologist (12/29/2007)

I don't see Reeves as a mistake. His drafting was horrid...

i see mora and petrino as a mistake, and imo had reeves been left alone 2004 would have been a winning season, as it was with mora and from there we could have easily had a back to back winning season 1 year later, in which you naysayers opinions would have possibly been changed

i see mora and petrino as a mistake, and imo had reeves been left alone 2004 would have been a winning season, as it was with mora and from there we could have easily had a back to back winning season 1 year later, in which you naysayers opinions would have possibly been changed

That's a whole lot of speculation but while we're speculating, I'll do some of my own. I think Reeves would have continue to draft the Jammi German's, Eugene Baker's, etc. of the NFL and we'd still have nose-dived...

capologist (12/29/2007)

That's a whole lot of speculation but while we're speculating, I'll do some of my own. I think Reeves would have continue to draft the Jammi German's, Eugene Baker's, etc. of the NFL and we'd still have nose-dived...

so you like the mora / petrino era

so you like the mora / petrino era

Not particularly. In all 3 administrations, they have failed miserably to produce an o-line. I imagine it will take someone to come in here and actually do that before I'm happy with an entire body of work.

Did I like what Reeves did in 97 and 98? Sure, I did. However, because of his drafting we fell quickly.

Did I like what Mora did his first year? Sure, I did. I still thought the o-line was garbage and the mediocrity continued.

As for Petrino, he wasn't here long enough to have an era but instead was a colossal waste of time...

How soon we forget...Reeves firing was due in large part to Vick, and Reeves loyalty to his assistant coaches. Reeves questioning Vick's heart as Arthur Blank wheeled him around the dome did Reeves in.

Actually, his track record in terms of personnel was not bad. Many of the players drafted and signed during his tenure had long careers (5+ years) and many of them are still in the league. Don't forget, Reeves was able to take a talent-starved football team to a Super Bowl within two years.

1996 Offense Defense Special Teams

WR 89 J.J. Birden LE 92 Lester Archambeau P 4 Dan Stryzinski

WR 81 Terance Mathis LT 98 Travis Hall PK 5 Morten Andersen

LT 70 Bob Whitfield RT 67 Moe Gardner PR 21 Eric Metcalf

LG 61 Robbie Tobeck RE 90 Chuck Smith KR 21 Eric Metcalf

C 65 Roman Fortin OLB 97 Cornelius Bennett

RG 72 Mike Zandofsky MLB 58 Jessie Tuggle

RT 76 Antoine Davis OLB 50 Ron George

WR 21 Eric Metcalf LCB 28 Lenny McGill

WR 87 Bert Emanuel RCB 45 Darnell Walker

QB 3 Bobby Hebert SS 25 Devin Bush

RB 32 Jamal Anderson FS 24 Patrick Bates

1998 Offense Defense Special Teams

WR 80 Tony Martin LE 92 Lester Archambeau P 4 Dan Stryzinski

LT 70 Bob Whitfield LT 98 Travis Hall PK 5 Morten Andersen

LG 68 Calvin Collins RT 75 Shane Dronett PR 83 Tim Dwight

C 61 Robbie Tobeck RE 90 Chuck Smith KR 83 Tim Dwight

RG 69 Gene Williams OLB 94 Cornelius Bennett

RT 74 Ephraim Salaam MLB 58 Jessie Tuggle

TE 88 O.J. Santiago OLB 56 Henri Crockett

WR 81 Terance Mathis LCB 34 Ray Buchanan

QB 12 Chris Chandler RCB 23 Ronnie Bradford

RB 44 Bob Christian SS 35 William White

RB 28 Jamal Anderson FS 41 Eugene Robinson

1999-2001 have to be a wash due to Jamaal Anderson's injuries and the fact that the Smith's were too cheap to get Reeves a quality RB.

Don't get me wrong. There are things I didn't like about Reeves, but Reeves had class. His football teams were disciplined (pre-Vick). And most important, he knew how to get the most out of what he had.

Another thing: Blank and McKay were STUPID for getting rid of Wade Phillips. He should have been the head coach, not Mora.

Personally as much as I liked Reeves, I think he's too old now. He nearly died of a heart attack during that 98 season for those that don't remember.

Not that it would happen but, (being here in Hawaii) I'd love to see them get June Jones back. He is a **** of a coach, but he's not leaving UH anytime soon.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Glanville back here. He made every week exciting, and had a great personality, with a NO BS attitude.

Rob (12/30/2007)
Personally as much as I liked Reeves, I think he's too old now. He nearly died of a heart attack during that 98 season for those that don't remember.

Not that it would happen but, (being here in Hawaii) I'd love to see them get June Jones back. He is a **** of a coach, but he's not leaving UH anytime soon.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Glanville back here. He made every week exciting, and had a great personality, with a NO BS attitude.

just say not to the run and shoot offense. it doesnt work in the NFL, and it didnt work for us. we were great between the 20's, but in the redzone we sucked.

scott24falcs (12/29/2007)
How quickly we forget.

Really, 5 years ago everyone and their mother was chanting "fire Dan Reeves". They said the game has passed him. There was even a firedanreeves dot com website dedicated to it.

Falcons went to the SB because of 1. Unexpected Emergence of Jamal Anderson. Journeyman QB Chris Chandler having a Career year. Tony Martin having a career year. In fact many players on the team had their career best year the SB year. Also solid defense coached by Wade Phillips (who should have succeeded Reeves as HC)., Remember after Dan Reeves was fired Wade Phillips became the interim coach and the 1-11 Falcons finished out the season 4-1.

what we need to do is scrap it all! Fire everyone of the belly aching cry babies all they want to do is point fingers! It his fault no its his fault no it his fault! They need to just except their fate they are losers! Lets hire all the Georgia bulldogs after they win a national championship! big offensivelines and good defense wins ball games in the NFL.

Without Both we will stay losers forever!