This turns my stomach so bad

Twinblade

the experts still havent got it into their head that because petrino left and McKay is going soon we wont be drafting a QB first when those two where maybe we would have taken brohm, but not anymore. What fan mock drafts havent seen one on here with us taking ryan and those fans obviously havent been educated as to what this team really needs

Dmc r defense in the first Flacco in the second

I hope the totally unjustified hype he's been getting carries him all the way into top 5 consideration, and the Dolphins take him, giving St. Louis Glenn Dorsey, moving Chris Long to the Jets, who foolishly decided they were going to commit to a 3-4 and now desperately need a real 3-4 DE that can rush the passer, and dropping McFadden right into our laps.

I agree. I still think Brohm is a better quarterback and I almost guarantee he proves it during the Senior Bowl. However, the only way I would think about drafting Brohm is if we win tomorrow. If we lose and wind up picking 3rd-4th, I would absolutely hate to pass on McFadden or Dorsey for a quarterback. There's no way we can reach (Jamaal) for a player with the situation we're in right now. We have to get his pick right and they have to become a cornerstone for our franchise. McFadden and Dorsey can do it, I'm not so sure about anyone else.

Orange_Crush (12/30/2007)
I agree. I still think Brohm is a better quarterback and I almost guarantee he proves it during the Senior Bowl. However, the only way I would think about drafting Brohm is if we win tomorrow. If we lose and wind up picking 3rd-4th, I would absolutely hate to pass on McFadden or Dorsey for a quarterback. There's no way we can reach (Jamaal) for a player with the situation we're in right now. We have to get his pick right and they have to become a cornerstone for our franchise. McFadden and Dorsey can do it, I'm not so sure about anyone else.

Agreed. If we win tomorrow, chances are we'll be in the 6-7 range of the draft. With the 6th or 7th pick, we are looking at guys like Brohm, Clady, Laurinaitis, Gholston, Ellis, and a couple others. This scenario wouldn't be the end of the world, ending up with Clady or Laurinaitis would be perfectly alright with me.

Obviously I'd rather have us end up with the 2nd-4th pick, giving us a chance to land McFadden or Dorsey.

atlfalcon2184 (12/29/2007)
Relax, Matt Ryan is not going to be a Falcon next year. Its way to much of a reach to draft him in the top 5, plus he has already said he doesn't want to come here. We are in no position at this point to reach in this draft.

Link or source to him saying that??? You're not the first person I've seen post that. I just want to see some proof. Why would he have the audacity to come out and say he "WILL NOT" play for a team? That's pretty smug. I'm not calling you liar, just want some proof...

Beau J (12/30/2007)
atlfalcon2184 (12/29/2007)
Relax, Matt Ryan is not going to be a Falcon next year. Its way to much of a reach to draft him in the top 5, plus he has already said he doesn't want to come here. We are in no position at this point to reach in this draft.

Link or source to him saying that??? You're not the first person I've seen post that. I just want to see some proof. Why would he have the audacity to come out and say he "WILL NOT" play for a team? That's pretty smug. I'm not calling you liar, just want some proof...

I've wanted to hear what actually was said for a long time. People on here are telling it as Brad Nessler of ABC was working the BC/VT ACC Championship game. The day before the game Nessler saw Matt and said, "Hey Matt, I live in ATL and they could sure use a QB." Then Ryan supposedly responded, "no thanks," while laughing.

I for one would like to hear how this was actually said. I find it hard to belive that someone would have the audacity to say something like that when being drafted to play in the NFL is such an honor, no matter who you're playing for.

Twinblade (12/29/2007)
So many expert's are picking Matt Ryan to the falcons and so many fan mock drafts are picking Matt Ryan to the falcons. I think I'm gonna puke.

I am 100% with you on this one.

If we draft Matt Ryan, this team is screwed. The so-called "experts" might be fine with this, but it's simply unacceptable to me. If our FO is ******** enough to draft Matt Ryan in the 1st round (or at all) then they clearly aren't committed to putting a winning team on the field.

fideltom (12/29/2007)
the experts still havent got it into their head that because petrino left and McKay is going soon we wont be drafting a QB first when those two where maybe we would have taken brohm, but not anymore. What fan mock drafts havent seen one on here with us taking ryan and those fans obviously havent been educated as to what this team really needs

Dmc r defense in the first Flacco in the second

Yes, because the QB play has been the lone bright spot of this season for us.

/sarcasm

But before everybody gets their panties in a wad, I don't suggest taking Ryan with a top 5 pick. He's not worth it. But he should be a top 10 guy & the 1st QB off the board.

Robb4242 (12/30/2007)
Yes, because the QB play has been the lone bright spot of this season for us.

/sarcasm

But before everybody gets their panties in a wad, I don't suggest taking Ryan with a top 5 pick. He's not worth it. But he should be a top 10 guy & the 1st QB off the board.

I highly disagree with the notion that Matt Ryan should be the first QB taken. He doesn't even stand up well to a comparison with Erik Ainge...... and how do you feel about Ainge? Everyone has Ainge pinned as a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Matt Ryan is all hype with no substance to back it up. He is not even on the same level as Brohm or Woodson.