Offensive/Defensive Coordinator Experience

geraldg

Does anyone here know exactly what Mike's actual role consists of in S.F.? It seems that some coaches are always overly scrutinized for one thing or another. Quick question, how much coordinator experience did Mike Tomlin have before Dan Rooney made his BOLD move in hiring him last year? I think one year. Rob Marinelli in Detroit was a defensive line coach in T.B. before he was hired. Lane Kiffin was a college coordinator. What was Mike McCarthy before GB hired him. I believe he was the QB coach. I believe Jack Del Rio was a linebacker coach in Baltimore he became the Jax. coach. Petrino had Offensive Coordinator experience too. How did that work out. It's time for Blank to make a BOLD move and hire the guy, ASAP. I would be fine with Singletary as coach and Jackson and Zimmer as coordinators. The key is finding a GM that can stock the cupboards with some talent.

Also, if Mike is hired, what will happen to Ole' Blood and Guts, Keith Brooking. After Mike finishes watching Brooking on film, his time won't be long here. Along with many others (Gandy, Dunn, Harrington). The team could save millions by cutting these non-producers.

geraldg (12/29/2007)
Lord Dark Helmet (12/29/2007)
Most Head Coaches hire their own OC and DC. Besides, we already have 54 Singletary threads in the first ten pages of the board. Why start a new thread?

Why reply to thread, then? You have 54 others to choose from.

Because that's what I do. I point out the idiocy of others because it's fun.

geraldg (12/29/2007)
Most Head Coaches hire their own OC and DC. Besides, we already have 54 Singletary threads in the first ten pages of the board. Why start a new thread?

Why reply to thread, then? You have 54 others to choose from.

Because that's what I do. I point out the idiocy of others because it's fun.

True Idiot= Fan of Rick Moranis

bgarcia28 (12/29/2007)
I posted something very similar a while ago. DelRio was a DC for a short time. Cowher was a DC for a short time. Ditka was a simple assistant before Chicago hired him. You mentioned several others that I did not think about.

Singletary is qualified to be a Head Coach.

but the thing was they were DC, so they atleast ran half the team for a whie

ditka was on a winning team when he was an assistant coach, and was there for 9years, not 5.