Draft position and tuna rumor....

We need the rams to beat the cardinals.After we took them to overtime that seems more than possible.We need the jets to beat the chiefs at home.Again this is not a stretch.So the odds are we get 3rd but we have a chance at 2nd.

PFT has the tuna makeing a run at anderson in cleveland.Possibly cleveland aquireing the 1st pick which seems highly unlikely but possible.Then cleveland would take mcfadden.Seems like a longshot to me.A 1st rounder that high doesnt get traded for less than a blockbuster deal.Mcfadden going 1st seems like a lot to.

I don't think any of this has been mentioned to Cleveland either. I mean who's that guy they have at RB now? Isn't he like ranking 2nd in the NFL right now and having some sort of off the wall year. So, yeah, let's let Tuna do Cleveland's draft.

Also, in order to move up from where Cleveland will be drafting to #1, Cleveland would have to give up their entire draft plus picks from next year. That's just unthinkable. Considering what Peterson has done with the Vikings, and what it took for the Giants to move up just a little to get Eli, in order for Cle to move up to #1 and get McFadden, they'd have to give up more than was given up for Ricky Williams when he went to NO.

Throw in the fact that Cleveland is clearly headed in the right direction and you can forget that move. They will continue to build through the draft and will probably land a very good 3-4 LBer in the range they are picking.

So, you're right, this isn't only improbable, I'll go out on a tiny little limb and say it: ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

celtik

celtiksage (12/25/2007)
I don't think any of this has been mentioned to Cleveland either. I mean who's that guy they have at RB now? Isn't he like ranking 2nd in the NFL right now and having some sort of off the wall year. So, yeah, let's let Tuna do Cleveland's draft.

Also, in order to move up from where Cleveland will be drafting to #1, Cleveland would have to give up their entire draft plus picks from next year. That's just unthinkable. Considering what Peterson has done with the Vikings, and what it took for the Giants to move up just a little to get Eli, in order for Cle to move up to #1 and get McFadden, they'd have to give up more than was given up for Ricky Williams when he went to NO.

Throw in the fact that Cleveland is clearly headed in the right direction and you can forget that move. They will continue to build through the draft and will probably land a very good 3-4 LBer in the range they are picking.

So, you're right, this isn't only improbable, I'll go out on a tiny little limb and say it: ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

celtik

Its knd of funny that when the dolphins get the tuna all logic is off and other teams give him what he wants.I could see them reaching on a qb and takeing brohm with the 1st long before they waste a whole draft on anderson.Then if we have 2nd or 3rd we have a lot of options.

Its knd of funny that when the dolphins get the tuna all logic is off and other teams give him what he wants.I could see them reaching on a qb and takeing brohm with the 1st long before they waste a whole draft on anderson.Then if we have 2nd or 3rd we have a lot of options.

No kidding. I think the Tuna is going to wish he was in Atlanta. :D And I'm glad he isn't. He's buddy-buddy with everyone down there on the Miami sidelines, so he thinks he's going to be able to just walk onto the NFL scene and nab players when and how he wants. But, I think other teams, knowing how he operates (or at least his reputation), they aren't going to give an inch where he's concerned. It's going to be the Tuna-led Dolphins that make some silly and outrageous deals because the Tuna isn't patient enough to wait. At some point he's going to make a deal (where Miami gets raked) just because he is tired of deals falling through the cracks and not working out how he thinks they should.

It will be fun to watch, except that my best friend is a Fin fan.

celtik

celtiksage (12/25/2007)

celtik

The RB name is Jamal Lewis. Ravens drafted him with the next years #1 pick Reeves traded so that he could move up and draft a TE named R. Kelley who now plays in Cincy.