WILL WE EVER FIND A COACH

Will Rich

No one? Hardly. There are a ton of guys who would love the opportunity to coach in the NFL. Just cause we didn't hire one yet, doesn't mean we won't get a good one. We have to wait till the end of the season until we can talk to anyone who is with an NFL team right now. If we want to talk to anybody whos on a team in the playoffs, we have to wait for their season to end as well. Think positive, everyone's so negative when it comes to this team. Remember we are already at the bottom, only way to go now is up.

Yes we will find a coach. The regular season isn't even over with yet. Once teams seasons are over we will get permission to talk to people who would like to coach here. Just don't expect it to be a big name proven coach. We most likely will get a first time head coach who is trying to prove what they can do.

GEORGIAfan (12/22/2007)
Check the Sig. he is a proven Dcord. He is ready to take the Job. GO WITH MIKE ZIMMER!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Once again, my friend, if they have/had any interest at all in Zimmer as a HC, why did they select Thomas as the interim coach? Why? I'll tell you why: Because they don't want Zimmer as a HC, that's why!!!:P

Superfan "! (12/22/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/22/2007)
Check the Sig. he is a proven Dcord. He is ready to take the Job. GO WITH MIKE ZIMMER!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Once again, my friend, if they have/had any interest at all in Zimmer as a HC, why did they select Thomas as the interim coach? Why? I'll tell you why: Because they don't want Zimmer as a HC, that's why!!!:P

They selected Thomas as interim coach because he had the longest tenure with the team. Also, it wouldn't be fair to give the job to Zimmer or Hue, when the other would miss out.

Superfan "! (12/22/2007)
scott24falcs

They selected Thomas as interim coach because he had the longest tenure with the team. Also, it wouldn't be fair to give the job to Zimmer or Hue, when the other would miss out.

I ain't buying that!:P

Thanks Scottfalcs. Supes cmon join the Zimmer Nation. it comes with a free invite to the ShockFan Nation also.:w00t: :cool:

Will Rich (12/22/2007)
No one wants to coach this team. Wonder why.

Yea it does seem to be taking a bit longer than it used to, to find a coach. However, thats because Blank is conducting the search rather than McKay. Blank is trying to take his time to find a "perfect" coach and GM. He was turned down by his first two options so he is going look around.

grendel (12/22/2007)
scott24falcs (12/22/2007)
We should be in no hurry to hire someone. Let's not make the same mistakes we've already made.

I'd like to see us get a GM soon, though... Bowl games are going on already, and the Senior Bowl, which is the best time to see the best draft prospects going against each other and get a feel for how they stack up, is scheduled for 1/26/08. We need to get our GM and personnel staff, including scouts, all on the same page ASAP.

I agree

You have to have a GM in place first. No coach is gonna accept the position without knowing who the GM is going to be. Schottenheimer is a perfect example. He and the GM in San Diego didn't get along, so Marty was fired/quit. Do you honestly think after that he would take a job with a team without knowing who the GM was and if he'd be able to work well with that GM?