ESPN has us taking Matt Ryan with the 4th Pick

genn0226 (12/20/2007)
How do they calculate the "stength of the schedule"? Do they just take into account the record of the opponent or does it involve something else?

They compare the collective win-loss totals of each team's opponents. It would really help if the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints would lose more games because they're win totals count twice against the Falcons.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GEORGIAfan (12/20/2007)
genn0226 (12/20/2007)
How do they calculate the "stength of the schedule"? Do they just take into account the record of the opponent or does it involve something else?

its not final til the end of the season( include playoff), but its on opponents schedule, and them having Pats twice will go far for the Jets, but SF might be a different story.

The Jets playing the Pats twice doesn't hurt them as much as people think because they also play the Dolphins twice, which kind of balances things out for them. As for SF, we don't have to worry about them right now because they won their 4th game last week, so they will be drafting after us.

paul_k (12/21/2007)
GEORGIAfan (12/20/2007)
genn0226 (12/20/2007)

its not final til the end of the season( include playoff), but its on opponents schedule, and them having Pats twice will go far for the Jets, but SF might be a different story.

The Jets playing the Pats twice doesn't hurt them as much as people think because they also play the Dolphins twice, which kind of balances things out for them. As for SF, we don't have to worry about them right now because they won their 4th game last week, so they will be drafting after us.

i hope san fran and Jets lose, but if they do not im not worried, because i think MIAMI will go QB, because they need 1. cleo sucks beck sucks. thier D is old, but it can last a year. getting us Dorsey. NE wont pick Dorsey, so we could get him if MIA doesnt get him, and SF is 2nd.

harringtonbomb (12/19/2007)
I'd love the pick. He is a smart quarterback who is CLUTCH. The guy won't be a bust guys. I'll gp ahead and put that in my signature.

I have to agree and I'm a VT fan. He hangs in there for the throw, he's patient, but he's got good perriferal(SP?) too. He can make a play with his feet if he has too. (1st game vs. VT this year =(

He wouldn't be a bust...Ditto.

Quiksilverly (12/21/2007)
harringtonbomb (12/19/2007)
I'd love the pick. He is a smart quarterback who is CLUTCH. The guy won't be a bust guys. I'll gp ahead and put that in my signature.

I have to agree and I'm a VT fan. He hangs in there for the throw, he's patient, but he's got good perriferal(SP?) too. He can make a play with his feet if he has too. (1st game vs. VT this year =(

He wouldn't be a bust...Ditto.

bust i do not know, but when yall put D on his the 1st game the dude crumbled like a soft cookie. dude cant handle pressure. if yall scored that FG yall would have won. if the teams D pressures him enough you throw him so badly off whack, and he is not worth a freaking 2-4th round pick.

• 1 year later...
Man, who does everyone keep bumping stuff I didn't respond to? It really limits my interest.

And FalconFrenzy, did you ever hear Drakes first (well, first real) mixtape Comeback Season? One of my favorites, it really put So Far Gone to shame.

yea i heard all of his mixtapes man,and it imo is better than So Far Gone.Room for improvement i like too,that was the one before comback season

He was a solid college QB, but he was pretty much a poor man's version of what Freeman could be. A long-term project that, in the end, has a good chance of just not working out, or maybe, just maybe, he'll catch on. Just one of those players that won't translate to the NFL. Similar to Chris Leak. Numbers wise, yeah, he was pretty good.

Is he even on a roster right now?

He was a solid college QB, but he was pretty much a poor man's version of what Freeman could be. A long-term project that, in the end, has a good chance of just not working out, or maybe, just maybe, he'll catch on. Just one of those players that won't translate to the NFL. Similar to Chris Leak. Numbers wise, yeah, he was pretty good.

Is he even on a roster right now?

He is still with the Gints.

Edit: And he was expected to be a first round pick late in the year, then a mid round pick before the draft.

As a VT fan I seen him twice the 1st game he didn't look good until the last 4 min of the game.

2nd game he played lights out in the 1st half but played Okay in the 2nd half. He's not as bad as people think he is on this board. I think he will shock a lot of people that thinks he will be a bust. I wouldn't be mad if we took him.

Oh aight

No because even though Ryan he does have the size his release is slow and he only has average arm strength and he is not very mobile...I think Ryan Leaf when I think of Matt Ryan.

Brennan on the other hand would be a steal in the 2nd round IMO. He has above average arm strength with a quick release and is very mobile and can get a 1st down with his feet. He has also been coached by a former pro QB and HC in the NFL. June has endorsed Brennan as possibly the best pro type QB coming out. The only thing that scares me a bit is the level of opponents he's faced? But if you have it, you have it, competition is not the end all, be all, litmus test for how someone will turn out...look at Jerry Rice, Jessie Tuggle!

This is proof positive that people around here have no idea what they are talking about. Ryan Leaf had a cannon arm and all the prototypical tools you want in a QB. It's like people never watched him play in college and then want to use him as a basis for comparison. Leaf was every experts wet dream...just turned out his head was filled with delicious candy rather than a brain.

Just goes to show that conference, opponents, 40 times, interceptions and arm strength mean nothing except that they give you something to talk about. The ability to analyze plays and become an efficient and tough player are far more important. You can either play or you can't. Ryan had the "it" factor. Body language, brains, attitude, work ethic, heart and flat-out understanding of every down. He plays completely under control and never panics.

We all have been wrong on here at various times......Personally I have whiffed quite a few times.

Some just aren't secure enough to admit it.

I agree... I mean, I supported the Bobby Petrino hire, and he went on to be one of the worst coaches in NFL history. I just think it's funny when some people are remarkably wrong, like grendel