Recruit de-commits to Arkansas

gritzblitz56

Okpara decommits; Petrino publicity cited

Richard Davenport

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007

URL: http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/211040/

Arkansas gained a commitment from Greenwood quarterback Tyler Wilson on Sunday, but lost one less than 24 hours later.

Sugar Land, Texas, cornerback Junior Okpara, who orally committed to Arkansas during the summer, switched his pledge to Boston College on Monday evening.

Okpara reopened his recruiting when both Arkansas Coach Houston Nutt and assistant coach Chris Vaughn left to coach at Ole Miss.

Okpara made official visits to Boston College nine days ago and Missouri this past weekend.

I chose Boston College, Okpara said, Because I felt out of the three schools, that s where I felt more comfortable at and where I was the best fit.

Okpara said the coaching change at Arkansas hastened his reversal.

The problem with Arkansas was the reputation of Coach [bobby ] Petrino leaving during the season, Okpara said. And not staying there and his name not being highly thought of like when he was at Louisville. I didn t want to play ball for a coach that had a reputation like that. That kind of drove me away from Arkansas.