MNF game last night is proof we dont need a Qb in the first round

The Vikings have the best OL in the NFL and a sub-par QB. 2 great RB.s and subpar WR's.

Now if we could get an o-line like that and RB like that i think wed be pretty **** good

my team next year has totally changed

Lt-jake long

lg-blalock

C-mcclue

G-faneca

Rt-clady,baker,cherilus

WR-jenkins white robinson

Rb- michale "the burner" turner

FB ovie

QB-leftwich....maybe turning it over to a 3rd rb qb we pick up...booty.flacco. henne?

It's all about da U! go CANES! (12/18/2007)
The Vikings have the best OL in the NFL and a sub-par QB. 2 great RB.s and subpar WR's.

Now if we could get an o-line like that and RB like that i think wed be pretty **** good

Lt-jake long

lg-blalock

C-mcclue

G-faneca

Rt-clady,baker,cherilus

FB ovie

QB-leftwich....maybe turning it over to a 3rd rb qb we pick up...booty.flacco. henne?

I agree 100000%. Too bad our GM don't know jack #### about football

The "Elite" QB's have elite offensive o-lines. The only elite QB's I know of are Brady and Manning and we've already discussed their o-line.

But let's go ahead and draft a QB and not worry about the o-line. This way we can guarentee at least 3 more losing seasons.

While we're at it let's hire another college coach that has no idea what they're doing.

This kind of thinking is why we're the worst team in the league.

NE has one player on their OL drafted in round one, and it was with the 32nd pick.

IND might not have any first round players on their OL, not sure.

It isnt neglecting the OL if you dont take them with the #2-5 overall pick. People just dramatize things to prove their point.

There are teams out there with top picks on the OL as well, that happen to suck too. ;)

And it just proves my point. MIN has a top tier OL, and their QB still sucks.

I'm really not sure why there's so much argument about whether we should address one or the other. We need to address BOTH.

There are plenty of linemen who weren't drafted in the first round who are superb. There are also plenty of linemen who were drafted in the first round who suck. Same with quarterbacks.

Any way you slice it, we're taking a risk. So, it should just come down to whether our staff thinks that the best available QB is better than the best available OL. That should determine our pick, since both positions are in critical need of upgrading right now.

Direwolf

Jay Drowns/SN

Overall grade: 6.5

Position rank: 8

JAKE LONG MEASURABLES

Height: 6-7 Weight: 325

40-yard dash: 5.35 10-yard dash:

20-yard shuttle: 60-yard shuttle:

Broad jump: 225-lb. bench:

3-cone drill: Vertical jump:

Wonderlic: 20-yard dash:

KEY » *

Jake Long

T, Michigan

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is massive. Shows rare strength, competitiveness and aggressiveness. When using hand punch aggressively, can jolt defensive ends backward. Does a good job of pass blocking with leverage, and adjusts well in tight spaces. Works well with others to negate line stunts and blitzes. Is an excellent down blocker, driving defensive linemen down the line. Reaches head-up defensive ends quickly, and shows the strength to turn them out of plays.

Weaknesses: Is somewhat of a 'tweener -- has the height and build of a tackle but the athleticism and quickness of a guard. Lacks the quickness to slide outside to protect the corner from explosive edge pass rushers. Struggles to adjust to double moves. Does not consistently use his hands well in pass protection, leaving his chest exposed. Tends to stop moving his feet after initial contact in pass protection, and thus gets beaten by secondary pass-rush moves. On in-line run blocks, tends to bend at waist and lean to maintain blocks.

Bottom line: Long is one of the most hyped prospects in years, and he almost entered the '07 draft before wisely going back to Michigan for his senior season. He lacks the ideal athleticism to play left tackle in the NFL, but there are many left tackles starting in the NFL with his level of athleticism. Long certainly will be drafted much higher than we have him rated because NFL coaches tend to fall in love with tough, smart linemen. Still, he is not an elite prospect.

grendel (12/18/2007)
It's all about da U! go CANES! (12/18/2007)

Lt-jake long

lg-blalock

C-mcclue

G-faneca

Rt-clady,baker,cherilus

FB ovie

How are you planning to pick up Jake Long, who's probably going to go in the top 5, as well as Ryan Clady, who's probably going to go in the 5-10 range? Oh, and Long is going to be a dominant RT, whereas Clady is a great technical LT.

Great post :ermm:

ok just b/c some people think long needs to be moved to RT doesnt mean it will happen.. did u see what happened to gallery when they moved him. he sucked. plus i listed 4 T's total meanifn just take one of the avail at that position