NFL confirmed that it fined five Falcons players

consistentfalcon

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...burst_1218.html

By STAFF REPORTS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/17/07

The NFL confirmed that it fined five Falcons players for violating uniform rules with their varied recognition of recently sentenced quarterback Michael Vick in last Monday night's loss to New Orleans.

Tight end Alge Crumpler, cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Chris Houston and wide receiver Roddy White were fined $10,000 for uniform violations. Hall and Crumpler wore black eye strips with writing on them recognizing Vick. White displayed a "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt under his jersey after scoring a touchdown.

RELATED STORIES

NFL fines five Falcons for uniform violations

Bucs aware of Falcons' plight but jumped on them early

Tampa Bay's Phillips knows 'play reflects your leadership'

" More Falcons

Horn was fined $7,500 for pulling up White's jersey to display the message. It is not known what part of the uniform policy Houston violated.

Hall also carried a poster of Michael Vick onto the field during pre-game introductions and taped in onto the back of the bleachers on which players sit.

Vick was sentenced to 23 months in jail on federal dogfighting charges the morning of Atlanta's game with the Saints.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consistentfalcon (12/17/2007)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...burst_1218.html

By STAFF REPORTS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/17/07

The NFL confirmed that it fined five Falcons players for violating uniform rules with their varied recognition of recently sentenced quarterback Michael Vick in last Monday night's loss to New Orleans.

Tight end Alge Crumpler, cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Chris Houston and wide receiver Roddy White were fined $10,000 for uniform violations. Hall and Crumpler wore black eye strips with writing on them recognizing Vick. White displayed a "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt under his jersey after scoring a touchdown.

RELATED STORIES

NFL fines five Falcons for uniform violations

Bucs aware of Falcons' plight but jumped on them early

Tampa Bay's Phillips knows 'play reflects your leadership'

" More Falcons

Horn was fined $7,500 for pulling up White's jersey to display the message. It is not known what part of the uniform policy Houston violated.

Hall also carried a poster of Michael Vick onto the field during pre-game introductions and taped in onto the back of the bleachers on which players sit.

Vick was sentenced to 23 months in jail on federal dogfighting charges the morning of Atlanta's game with the Saints.

It all makes sense...

Pigtrino had a gag order on the team which gave the overall impression in the media that the team was not supporting MVPlaymaker.

That answers quite a bit, and it also bodes to the fact that Pretendo was more of a plant :crazy: :angry: then a hire.

The players lashed out once they had the chance :crazy::w00t: !!!

ignorant_icarus (12/17/2007)
I'm not mad at them for honoring their friend...but the whole "Free Mike Vick" thing is hilarious. Like Dan Patrick said "It's not like he's a political prisoner here...we're not talking about Nelson Mandela".

Unfortunately for Dan, a good deal of his audience thinks that Mandela is that kicker from Colorado State.

I'm not mad at them for honoring their friend...but the whole "Free Mike Vick" thing is hilarious. Like Dan Patrick said "It's not like he's a political prisoner here...we're not talking about Nelson Mandela".

Though I understand but completely disagree with what he was doing I support the man's right to due process above all else. Even if it means taking the scrutiny for the protection of that right myself. And apparently so do his team mates.

------------------------------------------------------

this sheds more light in my eyes as to why petrino left. how do you coach people with this type of mentality.im sure hes had his hands full all year working with these talented losers

Smashmouth (12/17/2007)

Though I understand but completely disagree with what he was doing I support the man's right to due process above all else. Even if it means taking the scrutiny for the protection of that right myself. And apparently so do his team mates.

Smashmouth (12/17/2007)

Ookie had his due process. Pleaded guilty to multiple felonies. Those few out there were clowns, not funny ones either. MeAngelo probably brought Houston into it which is pathitic. But reason got the last laugh. In the end they got what they wanted though. The coach embarrased right out of town and the team put into even more disaray.

The fact that they got fined is BS! So does corporate america type of people expect these guys to turn on there friend and teammate because he messed up? Yea he f'd up but true freinds and teammates stand by your side even in the most difficult times. You dont turn on your friend or teammate when he f's up, you support him all the way through and hope that he learns from whatever situation he put himself in.

nobkowski (12/17/2007)
Smashmouth (12/17/2007)

You and Dan Patrick are getting to caught up in the word free. Around the way if you say free a certain person, it just shows that your supporting them thats all.

The fact that they got fined is BS! So does corporate america type of people expect these guys to turn on there friend and teammate because he messed up? Yea he f'd up but true freinds and teammates stand by your side even in the most difficult times. You dont turn on your friend or teammate when he f's up, you support him all the way through and hope that he learns from whatever situation he put himself in.

---------------------------

wouldnt it be nice if they focused as much on the fanbase and the game as there friend

nobkowski (12/17/2007)
Ookie had his due process. Pleaded guilty to multiple felonies. Those few out there were clowns, not funny ones either. MeAngelo probably brought Houston into it which is pathitic. But reason got the last laugh. In the end they got what they wanted though. The coach embarrased right out of town and the team put into even more disaray.

Pigtrino was no coach he was a ringer, a plant, a setup, a swine :ermm:

Vick pleaded guilty to being an idiot is what he really plead guilty to.

Too bad the dogs had to suffer for it. :pinch:

Now he's doing his time and wiping the slate clean so give him his due, it's a process. ;)

This is the problem in American society today as a whole. People have become so amoral that they glorifiy idiots like Mike Vick: liar, pot-head, dog-killer, and convicted felon. I will say this: If the Falcons EVER allow Vick back, I will become a Panther fan despite having been a Falcons Fan since 1974.

The fines were not a big enough statement. All of them should have been suspended for the remaining games this season for conduct deterimental to the league.

Heck, none of them are playing any football anyway. If the league doesn't suspend them, I say that Blank should. I say suspend the players, promote from the practice squad and bench, and let's see what we have in young players.

We're going to have to do that at the end of the season anyway because we are going to incur a $20 million dollar cap hit because of Vick. MeAngelo needs to be traded: I'm sick and tired of the scumbag behavior, late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and trash talking. White can go too, and if it wouldn't cost us too much money, I'd say trade Crumpler. This team needs a backbone transplant, and all the aforementioned LACK THAT.

I used to respect Crumpler, but now, no.

Getting fined for writing MV7 on the black eye strips is ridiculous. Why aren't players fined for wearing 21 on their helmets in memory of Sean Taylor? Isn't that basically the same thing? Although I agree Roddy took it to far and lmfao at Joe Horn getting fiend for pulling up Roddy's jersey :w00t:

Nobody is mad at them for supporting their friend, those of you who are trying to imply that people are are stupid.

People are mad at them for doing it during a nationally televised football game, making our entire team and city look like a bunch of idiots. There is a **** football game going on, one that you are actively participating in-- don't act like a child in front of the world.

If you want to support your friend, call him on the phone, or go visit him in prison...don't tape posters to the back of the team bench as if the entire team agrees with your adolescent protest, and don't pull up your jersey to reveal a message about Ookie after scoring a touchdown. Do it outside of the game, because nobody wants to see that type of crap.

bamabirdsince99 (12/17/2007)
You and Dan Patrick are getting to caught up in the word free. Around the way if you say free a certain person, it just shows that your supporting them thats all.

Maybe you should consider moving from around the way if the folks around the way are so shallow and dense.

Let me put it another way...

I support a persons right to be an idiot so long as it doesn't hurt anyone or anything and they're happy.

This is the problem in American society today as a whole. People have become so amoral that they glorifiy idiots like Mike Vick: liar, pot-head, dog-killer, and convicted felon. I will say this: If the Falcons EVER allow Vick back, I will become a Panther fan despite having been a Falcons Fan since 1974.

The fines were not a big enough statement. All of them should have been suspended for the remaining games this season for conduct deterimental to the league.

Heck, none of them are playing any football anyway. If the league doesn't suspend them, I say that Blank should. I say suspend the players, promote from the practice squad and bench, and let's see what we have in young players.

We're going to have to do that at the end of the season anyway because we are going to incur a $20 million dollar cap hit because of Vick. MeAngelo needs to be traded: I'm sick and tired of the scumbag behavior, late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and trash talking. White can go too, and if it wouldn't cost us too much money, I'd say trade Crumpler. This team needs a backbone transplant, and all the aforementioned LACK THAT.

--------------------------------------------------------

outside of there lousy record i wonder if the commissioner will consider these actions in future primetime games

Tim Parker (12/17/2007)

I hate that you feel that way about these guys but if you decide to be a panther fan, PEACE OUT!