Now that RR is at Michigan, what will happen to Slaton and White?

LawDawg

All of WVU nation is bummed out and feeling betrayed that RR left his WVU home. And unless they bring in a head coach that employs the same system, I see Pat White and Steve Slaton up the creek without a paddle, both of whom could use an extra year to improve upon their draft statuses.

This sucks for them. I whole-heartedly believe that the NCAA should amend their policy on transferring athletes to include a caveat that states that a rising senior may transfer to any school of his choosing (IA or IAA), without losing a year of eligibility, if the circumstances indicate that his head coach has voluntarily terminated his employment in order to regain employment at another school. This would not apply to underclassmen, or in circumstances where the coach has simpy retired or was fired before the expiration of his employment contract.

Headshot (12/17/2007)
I don't get why people expect Pat White to leave.

He's a 6th-7th round pick at best...probably closer to Undrafted.

Whenever you're in the Heisman race discussion as an underclassmen, people tend to speculate on a possible jump to the NFL. I agree with you to a certain extent and I don't think his success in college is gonna translate to well on the pro level.

Perhaps a chage in regime and offensive scheme is a good thing for him. Perhaps he'll get to throw more under a new coach and prove to NFL scouts that he is indeed a good passer to go along with his athleticism.

LawDawg (12/17/2007)

Perhaps a chage in regime and offensive scheme is a good thing for him. Perhaps he'll get to throw more under a new coach and prove to NFL scouts that he is indeed a good passer to go along with his athleticism.

That's the first thing I thought.

I don't see how you could get a coach that runs any more than RR.

If Pat White gets to display his arm, with sub 4.4 speed he could be a VERY intriguing QB prospect.

He has a DD like Senior year (minus the injury) and he could be on his way to having a shot at some team in this league at QB.