Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

he hate me

"If he's just pretty good, they have to look hard at Matt Ryan. That guy is a franchise quarterback and you can't pass up franchise quarterbacks."

33 posts in this topic

quikvick_26 (12/17/2007)
where did you hear that?

and btw, might wanna fix your sig...list 3b twice

on ABC with Brad Nessler

Ryan is massively overrated anyhow, only difference now is he is a massively overrated scum bag now as oppose to being just massively overrated before.

sounds great to me! let the jets pick ryan at #2 (ignoring their dire need for chris long) so we can have an improved chance at mcfadden and dorsey or both.

he hate me (12/17/2007)
Mayock is to the draft what Ron Jaworski is to breaking down film, and there's nobody's even a close second. So when he shares his thoughts on Boston College's Matt Ryan, it's worth paying attention:

."

you know, i didnt think of this before, but it does make a lot of sense. both are very good analysts, mayock to the draft and jaworski when he is talking about the QB position (i still hate his guts though, but he knows how to break down the QB). however, both will blindly prop up someone they like or love, or have ties too. mayock has ties to BC, loves matt ryan (has all year) and is now calling him a franchise qb. and jaworski is the biggest eagles homer ever, and he hates the falcons to boot. they are both good at what they do, but they both let their personal affiliations get in the way, mayock with ryan and jaws with the eagles.

yeah mayock is actully pretty good with his picks at qb. i remember when nfl network was just getting started, he was all over big ben and he said he really liked him at qb. then cutler. here an article that shows what he thought about the 2006 draft.

The jury is still out on Cutler. His team is 6-8 and they are 18th in the league in points scored, so he's hardly proven anything.

grendel (12/17/2007)
Draftnut57 (12/17/2007)

It's all about potential , Go back and judge both QBs by what they did in College not what Brady is doing now , Duh!

Brady's senior season:

20 TDs, 6 INTs

62.8% completion percentage

7.58 YPA

Matt Ryan's senior season:

28 TDs, 18 INTs

60.3% completion percentage

7.01 YPA

Yeah, you're right, Matt Ryan should be picked in the 6th round ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brady almost had a 4/1 TD/INT ratio that year.

Matt Ryan has never even had a 2/1 ratio.

The guy's efficiency for the best year of his career is nothing to write home about.

He's a poor decision maker who is not worth the risk of a top 5 pick