Real reasons ATL wont draft a QB next year in the 1st RD

#1lets take a look at teh QBs drafted this year in RD 1 and how many games theyve started

Quinn- 0 games

russle -0 gaMES

We#2 have 2 NFL QB's both taken high in the 1st round that ..well are less than stellar. This team needs help now, and a QB will no impact us right away sitting on the bench.

Plus we drafted a QB #1 overall a few years back and look wheres that got us.

#3. our RBs are just horrible. Given that norwood is good hes not a great and cannot tote the rock every down. Hes explosive and fast but he gets hurt every game. Dunn is done.

#4 Our o-line is more pores than spongbob square pants himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i Wanted brohm. i think he is the next manning. i love that guy. but we need to win now! we need to fill the seats. Now given FA is an option before the draft but this franchise is not know for being good in FA. Im not a big fan of mcfadden but he will fill seats and give this team the "wow" factor to sell tickets. Jake long would be the best choice but our franchise doesnt make the best choices.

I would agree. It doesn't make sense for the Falcons to Draft a QB with a top 5 pick. Matt Ryan is the only possiblity that would go in the top 5 and he has some question marks and he doesn't want to play for Atlanta. We don't need a QB that doesn't want to play here.

Also, if you listened to Mike & Mike this morning they did a top 5 mock draft and every player they mentioned in the top 5 they raved about as game changers except Matt Ryan for the Falcons. Dorsey, OT Long, DL Long, & McFadden.

The Falcon's need to take an impact player for 2008 with their top 5 and then take a QB in Round 2 or 3. A rookie QB will sit for a year most likely.

july425 (12/17/2007)
Grim Truth (12/17/2007)
Russel has played in 2 games, and Quinn is behind an AFC Pro Bowler in Anderson--your point is invalid.

And Brohm the next Manning? Eli maybe.

:laugh: Eli.....18 for 52 last night...... :laugh:

Haha i was getting updates on Espn Mobile and all i sall were Incomplete pass

july425 (12/17/2007)

:laugh: Eli.....18 for 52 last night...... :laugh:

too bad more of them incompletions were from dropped balls than bad passes. watch the game instead of reading the box scores. Manning had 2 wide open TD passes dropped. It was pathetic. But he does suck, I agree.

It's all about da U! go CANES! (12/17/2007)

Plus we drafted a QB #1 overall a few years back and look wheres that got us.

Generally... I agree with you on this.

However, the statement above is a little ludicrous. I think we all know what Mike did for this franchise (before this years events anyway).

USCfalcons23 (12/17/2007)
Statick (12/17/2007)
Yeah, yeah, blahedy-blah...

We're in dire need of a franchise QB. Petrino's bolted so that kills the Brohm talk. We're drafting Matt Ryan out of BC. Common sense.

'Nuff Said.

for the 500th time

Matt Ryan said he doesnt want to play in Atl.

plus Matt Ryan is a huge choke artist.

Sorry, but I missed your other 499 posts on the matter, plus I doubt the guy they call "Matty Ice" is a choke artist.

Now if he has stated that he doesn't want to play for Atlanta, then I'm more than fine with getting Joe Flacco, John David Booty or Colt Brennan.

Good. We don't need a QB in the first round. We need Jake Long. The only way I want us drafting a QB in round 1 is if we rake someone of their first day picks, and get a QB late in the 1st round. Otherwise, it's Dorsey or Long in the first for us. With the exception of McFadden, no one else is worthy of a top 5 pick until hindsight prevails upon us otherwise.

celtik

celtiksage (12/17/2007)
Good. We don't need a QB in the first round. We need Jake Long. The only way I want us drafting a QB in round 1 is if we rake someone of their first day picks, and get a QB late in the 1st round. Otherwise, it's Dorsey or Long in the first for us. With the exception of McFadden, no one else is worthy of a top 5 pick until hindsight prevails upon us otherwise.

celtik

Agreed!!!