Joe Horn - outstanding signing by McKay

swiftkick

I thought the Falcons signed Joe Horn to get into the Saints playbook, tendencies, etc.

Saints signed old David Patton to replace Joe and he has been much better than Horn.

I'm suprised the Falcons front office didn't see the injury problems with Horn, and see that it was recurring as they offered him such a large contract.

Joe Horn ain't no Ironhead Heyward, Morten Anderson, or Bobby Hebert, etc.......sorry.:D

johnson_to_finneran (12/17/2007)
i didnt like the horn signing from day one. he clearly had nothing left in the tank and was worth no more than the league minimum

Yeah I kinda felt like it was sleeping with the enemy even though I like how he manned up and supported Vick like a real friend at a time noone else seemed to care.

• 1 month later...

That's what makes Free Agentry tricky. Are you getting a guy who can help you? Are you getting a guy who wants to help you? .......... Or ...... are you getting a guy who wants one more big payday before retirement? The Free Agent's are saying the right things to their perspective buyers ......... but you need someone who can read between the lines. Someone who can evaluate if the guys got any integrity left. Do we have anyone who can do this?:)

this was a stupid signing last year - Joe Horn was never great but he was very good for awhile. He was "garbage" when the Falcons signed him last year and he should not even have been pursued.

Nobody else in the league would have given him $3mil. over 3 years and then we give him that ridiculous contract.....

Agreed that where Rich McKay really drug down the team was his free agent signings and the ridiculous Vick contract that Vick did not earn......McKay/Blank gave Vick the huge contract 2years before they had to and paid Vick on what they "thought" he would grow into. With NFL rules and "franchise" players, NFL teams can control/maintain their star players - Falcons needed to go down that road....

....its just tough to take when we all know Falcons are one of the least talented teams in NFL with regards to personnel yet 25 other teams have more cap room than the Falcons - unbelievable!

fansince78 (12/16/2007)
tdot falcon (12/16/2007)
Might I add, it was not Joe Horn that improved the receivers it was Hue Jackson.

Roddy did say that Horn was the influence that made him better.

I am not saying he is worth what he is paid, but he did help Roddy.

He could have helped him just as much as assistant WR coach at about $100K a year.

saint vitus (12/16/2007)
I thought the Falcons signed Joe Horn to get into the Saints playbook, tendencies, etc.

Saints signed old David Patton to replace Joe and he has been much better than Horn.

I'm suprised the Falcons front office didn't see the injury problems with Horn, and see that it was recurring as they offered him such a large contract.

Joe Horn ain't no Ironhead Heyward, Morten Anderson, or Bobby Hebert, etc.......sorry.:D

You are obviously a new bangwagon fan of the Saints then...because you are the only person that believes that. Patton had a solid year, but he is, and never will be, Joe Horn.