Someone tell me how this is not Petrino's/front office fault

I keep hearing, that we don't have the talent to win or be competitive well I remember listening to Jeff Van Note a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned at stat that I really didnt think about. Out of the 53 players on the team, 23 of the players are new. These players were brought in either by the draft or free agency. The front office and Petrino felt that the players we had last year who were 7-9 were not good enough, so they cut 23 players. I don't want to continue hearing we don't have the talent, the truth is there was better talent here, but the front office and coach failed to realize it.

danvillefalcon (12/16/2007)
I keep hearing, that we don't have the talent to win or be competitive well I remember listening to Jeff Van Note a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned at stat that I really didnt think about. Out of the 53 players on the team, 23 of the players are new. These players were brought in either by the draft or free agency. The front office and Petrino felt that the players we had last year who were 7-9 were not good enough, so they cut 23 players. I don't want to continue hearing we don't have the talent, the truth is there was better talent here, but the front office and coach failed to realize it.

COR .... REC .... TOE !!! THEY CUT 23 PLAYERS, THE WRONG 23. YOU HEAR THESE GUYS RAVING ABOUT THE DRAFT PICKS. THEN WHAT? WE'VE BEEN GETTING EARLY ROUND SELECTIONS FOR YEARS ........ WHAT MAKES THEM REALLY THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE ANY DIFFERENT. THIS TIME NEXT YEAR, THOSE SAME DRAFT HAPPY FANS WILL BE ON THIS BOARD RIPPING THE HOLY TOMMY NOBIS OUT OF THOSE DRAFT PICKS. I KEEP TELLING THEM, WHEN IT COMES TO THE DRAFT, FORGET ABOUT THE STATS AND THE HYPE. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOME WORK ON EACH PLAYER. AND YOU AIN'T GOING TO GET IT ON JUST FILM. WHY DO YOU THINK NEW ENGLAND DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS THAN WE DO, AND THEY OF LATE ALWAYS DRAFT AFTER WE DO? THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. AND IT'S SELDOM A BIG NAME COLLEGE PLAYER. THEY GET THE BIG NAME AT NEW ENGLAND.

COR .... REC .... TOE !!! THEY CUT 23 PLAYERS, THE WRONG 23. YOU HEAR THESE GUYS RAVING ABOUT THE DRAFT PICKS. THEN WHAT? WE'VE BEEN GETTING EARLY ROUND SELECTIONS FOR YEARS ........ WHAT MAKES THEM REALLY THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE ANY DIFFERENT. THIS TIME NEXT YEAR, THOSE SAME DRAFT HAPPY FANS WILL BE ON THIS BOARD RIPPING THE HOLY TOMMY NOBIS OUT OF THOSE DRAFT PICKS. I KEEP TELLING THEM, WHEN IT COMES TO THE DRAFT, FORGET ABOUT THE STATS AND THE HYPE. YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOME WORK ON EACH PLAYER. AND YOU AIN'T GOING TO GET IT ON JUST FILM. WHY DO YOU THINK NEW ENGLAND DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS THAN WE DO, AND THEY OF LATE ALWAYS DRAFT AFTER WE DO? THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. AND IT'S SELDOM A BIG NAME COLLEGE PLAYER. THEY GET THE BIG NAME AT NEW ENGLAND.

----------------------------

maybe blank should go after there gm and scouts

One reason/excuse that I've heard about us not having better talent is that we overpaid for a select few players thereby not leaving enough room under the cap to sign other players that we really could've used. That excuse is gone now and we should have room under the cap to sign some people next year especially if we cut a certain few older players and recover some Vick money.