Falcons still picking 4th after today by GBN

67camaro

# December 15 (4:30 PM): The Dolphins win! The Dolphins win!!!& The first pick overall at the 2008 draft is still in play after Miami stunned Baltimore 22-16 in overtime giving the Dolphins their first win of the year. Miami QB Cleo Lemon hit journeyman WR Greg Camarillo with a 64-yard TD his first career TD reception to give Miami the win. Miami, though, is still a pretty good bet to end up with the top pick at the upcoming draft. Even with the win, Miami is still two full games behind the rest of the league with just two games to go; and one of those is next Sunday in New England against the unbeaten Patriots. With San Francisco winning last night, St. Louis would have the second overall pick if the draft were held today, followed by the Jets at #3 and Atlanta at #4. All three teams lost in early games Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile, New England would have the 5th pick overall with the 49ers selection acquired in a draft day trade last April.

Orange_Crush (12/16/2007)
That can't be right. Last week, here were our rankings (according to their site):

4 Atlanta 3-10 .519

5 New York Jets 3-10 .524

Their strength of schedule went up more than ours did because they played the Patriots and we played the Bucs. We're still picking ahead of the Jets.

Is it strength of schedule when the games are played or overall

IE. if you play a team when they are 3-3 does .500 count against you or if they finish the season 12-4 does the .750 count against you?????? So does the fact that the rest of our Div won today hurt us because their overall win % went up?

Cheers

even though the 49ers used to beat up on us all the time, theyre my #2 team the rest of the way, just to screw the patriots. just for the end of the year... they dropped to #5 and they won just one game! KEEP IT UP 49ERS!!!

im fine at #4. because it is impossible for: glen dorsey, mcfadden, ellis and ryan clady to all be gone by the time we pick. :)

That can't be right. Last week, here were our rankings (according to their site):

4 Atlanta 3-10 .519

Their strength of schedule went up more than ours did because they played the Patriots and we played the Bucs. We're still picking ahead of the Jets.

i made this mistake once too, but it isnt just adding in the team that they played this week, you have to remember its EVERY team they have played this year. so its possible that the jets opponents had bad weeks, and lost more than we did, even though it seems like wed pick before them. i havent done the math, but GBN is on the money with every order theyve done so far this year. but when i was trying to project the order a few weeks ago i forgot about the cumulative record for the whole year of all the opponents. thats the reason the Jets would be pickin ahead of us.

just thought id toss that out there, try and clarify.

Right, we would draft 4th, if the draft was held today. Tampa, New Orleans, and Carolina all won today, which sucked because that added like 6 wins to the total of our opponents' wins. It's a big reason why we fell from 3rd overall pick to 4th. Hopefully things will change next week.

paul_k (12/16/2007)
Right, we would draft 4th, if the draft was held today. Tampa, New Orleans, and Carolina all won today, which sucked because that added like 6 wins to the total of our opponents' wins. It's a big reason why we fell from 3rd overall pick to 4th. Hopefully things will change next week.

Holy sh*t you're right!

I knew our luck wasn't this good!

**** no way both the Jets and Rams lose

Tom Melton (12/16/2007)

4 Atlanta 3-10 .519

i made this mistake once too, but it isnt just adding in the team that they played this week, you have to remember its EVERY team they have played this year. so its possible that the jets opponents had bad weeks, and lost more than we did, even though it seems like wed pick before them. i havent done the math, but GBN is on the money with every order theyve done so far this year. but when i was trying to project the order a few weeks ago i forgot about the cumulative record for the whole year of all the opponents. thats the reason the Jets would be pickin ahead of us.

You're right, I thought about it later on after I made that post. It is hard to believe that we have a better strength of schedule with the Patriots' 28 wins thrown on the Jets though.

Orange_Crush (12/17/2007)
Tom Melton (12/16/2007)

Remember it is the W/L % of opponents , That's what makes them Stronger or weaker . ;)

4 Atlanta 3-10 .519

You're right, I thought about it later on after I made that post. It is hard to believe that we have a better strength of schedule with the Patriots' 28 wins thrown on the Jets though.

Orange_Crush (12/17/2007)
Tom Melton (12/16/2007)

4 Atlanta 3-10 .519

The Patriots' 28 wins is offset by the Dolphins 2 and the Jets 6.