Atlanta Falcons Coach Emmitt Thomas

I have to ask given the fact our Falcons just got the crap kicked outa them. Do you think that "Emmitt Thomas" is being USED as a fall guy at head coach, or that is somebody that simpley calls plays and they don't care what the outcome is from the front office????????

Isn't it strange that everyone thought Zimmer would be the Head Coach and then all the sudden Arthur Blank said "Fried Chicken and Fries" when reffering to Michael Vick and they chose their interum coach who just happens to be black? What's up with all that?

No I am not screaming racism, I'm just trying to point out a few observations incase others don't notice.

My point and question to all is " Do you think the Falcons just flat out give up and the front office is trying to get a better draft pick by using ET as a fall guy?".

I dunno. I will say the two games we have played against Tampa this season that they are all about smash mouth football and creating turnovers, that's the only reason they have won both games, creating and causing turnovers, and that's something that should be addressed by our Falcons regardless of who is HC or whatever next season.

I'm not going to say Congrats to the BUCS regardless because they are a rivalry with our Falcons! Next season is up in the air and "We shall see", I hope next season we kick the crap outa them and all other teams in the NFL and that's just the way I feel about it!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

freeze1st (12/16/2007)
I have to ask given the fact our Falcons just got the crap kicked outa them. Do you think that "Emmitt Thomas" is being USED as a fall guy at head coach, or that is somebody that simpley calls plays and they don't care what the outcome is from the front office????????

Isn't it strange that everyone thought Zimmer would be the Head Coach and then all the sudden Arthur Blank said "Fried Chicken and Fries" when reffering to Michael Vick and they chose their interum coach who just happens to be black? What's up with all that?

No I am not screaming racism, I'm just trying to point out a few observations incase others don't notice.

My point and question to all is " Do you think the Falcons just flat out give up and the front office is trying to get a better draft pick by using ET as a fall guy?".

I dunno. I will say the two games we have played against Tampa this season that they are all about smash mouth football and creating turnovers, that's the only reason they have won both games, creating and causing turnovers, and that's something that should be addressed by our Falcons regardless of who is HC or whatever next season.

I'm not going to say Congrats to the BUCS regardless because they are a rivalry with our Falcons! Next season is up in the air and "We shall see", I hope next season we kick the crap outa them and all other teams in the NFL and that's just the way I feel about it!!!!!!

no its racial

rustyhill (12/16/2007)
freeze1st (12/16/2007)

no its racial

I think it is, but I would like to be optimistic with this thread and hear everyone out and their opinions before I make my opinion final myself.

Thomas was the right call for the interim HC position. He has the players' respect and has no desire to become the next HC. Jackson and Zimmer get to concentrate on their side of the ball and thereby audition for the HC job.

It is all about evaluating what we have.

I want to repeat that Jackson is placed at a disadvantage because this is not his offense. He is forced to carry out Petrino's sheme because there is not enough time to make any wholesale changes.

bgarcia28 (12/16/2007)
Thomas was the right call for the interim HC position. He has the players' respect and has no desire to become the next HC. Jackson and Zimmer get to concentrate on their side of the ball and thereby audition for the HC job.

It is all about evaluating what we have.

I want to repeat that Jackson is placed at a disadvantage because this is not his offense. He is forced to carry out Petrino's sheme because there is not enough time to make any wholesale changes.

So you are basically saying that we are all stupid and your method answers all the questions and solves all the problems with the Falcons right?

fansince78 (12/16/2007)
I think that anyone who makes a racial issue out of anything just to serve their purpose is an idiot.

Who made one you? And why? And if you think that any of us made a racial issue then please follow up on it and QUOTE where it became racial, but USE caution because if you don't QUOTE the entire statement then you aren't quoting the person.

The only thing I said was I felt like Emmitt Thomas was a fall guy for the rest of this season, and isn't it funny that he came from the booth instead of one of the coaches on the field which everyone said "Zimmer" would be the interrum head coach. I guess Zimmer doesn't like "Fried Chicken and Fries", I personally LOVE both of those with slaw sometimes and green beans.

You are the one making this thread about what you want to make it about, not me, not others and noone else.

fansince78 (12/16/2007)
Did I mention you by name, or are you just feeling a little guilt based on what I said?

What are you going to say if Singletary is our next coach? Will it still be an issue?

Who are you talking to and what the **** are you talking about? Use the "QUOTE" feature if you are responding to a message that way everyone will know who you are talking to and about what you are talking about......

rustyhill (12/16/2007)
freeze1st (12/16/2007)

no its racial

----------------------------

What does that say?? What does that say right there??

It says someone needs attention..And you agreed!!:Whistling:

fansince78 (12/16/2007)

If you want to make this a race issue...fine man. But what if Singletary is going to be the next HC? What are you going to say then?

Look, I have no idea what you are talking about, I wish you the best and I would like to end our conversation now because of those facts. Merry Chrismas and Happy Holidays.

savwboy savwboy (12/16/2007)
rustyhill (12/16/2007)
freeze1st (12/16/2007)

no its racial

----------------------------

What does that say?? What does that say right there??

It says someone needs attention..And you agreed!!:Whistling:

Are you saying that I am racist? Or are you saying that I am pointing out Racism? I have to ask because I am no racist! :unsure:

ATL_25 (12/16/2007)
freeze, there is absolutely no issue of race in the hiring of Thomas. This team is bad and if anyone is the fall guy it is Bobby Petrino.

I never said there was an issue of race at all!

Not to mention "Emmitt Thomas" wasn't hired he was already working for the Falcons. He was a coach that worked in the booths and not on the field.

Everyone assumned that Zimmer was going to be the head coach and that didn't happen.

I never said anything about race and anyone who thinks otherwise is full of BS!!!!!!!

freeze1st (12/16/2007)

i think you are looking too much in to this