Falcons might move to #2 Tonight

the truth (12/15/2007)
Needs to be Long. Period. Look what Joe Thomas has done for Cleveland...

We have too many holes on the O Line NOT to pick him with our high draft pick.

If McFadden is available you take him. No questions asked. Develop the Oline through FA.

Ibis1 (12/15/2007)
the truth (12/15/2007)

If McFadden is available you take him. No questions asked. Develop the Oline through FA.

Normally, yeah. But this team has TOO many holes on the O Line. We need more than one really good O Lineman. Problem is, only Alan Faneca and Max Starks are worth mentioning in FA and who knows if we will really be able to grab either one (Starks is much more likely though). Our O Line is TERRIBLE. Even if we got Max Starks in FA, we would still have a long way to go on he O Line. Your savior, Run DMC, would not be able to produce lik everyone would like him to behind a sub-par line. I think Adrian Peterson is getting to people. They look at him and say "Wow, he's awesome. Look what he did to Minny!" Let's not forget how good their O Line is to begin with. We DONT have that. If we had been any other team, yeah, I would take McFadden. But not now. Not if we dont want to continue to suffer through sub par and mediocre seasons.

the truth (12/15/2007)
Ibis1 (12/15/2007)
the truth (12/15/2007)

Normally, yeah. But this team has TOO many holes on the O Line. We need more than one really good O Lineman. Problem is, only Alan Faneca and Max Starks are worth mentioning in FA and who knows if we will really be able to grab either one (Starks is much more likely though). Our O Line is TERRIBLE. Even if we got Max Starks in FA, we would still have a long way to go on he O Line. Your savior, Run DMC, would not be able to produce lik everyone would like him to behind a sub-par line. I think Adrian Peterson is getting to people. They look at him and say "Wow, he's awesome. Look what he did to Minny!" Let's not forget how good their O Line is to begin with. We DONT have that. If we had been any other team, yeah, I would take McFadden. But not now. Not if we dont want to continue to suffer through sub par and mediocre seasons.

we can get mcfadden in the 1st, and get 2 LT, and RG in with our seconds, but i say get Dorsey with the 1st, then get LT, and RG, because foster can play RT.

falcon_owns_nfc_south (12/15/2007)
I'm not sure .. I'm happy or Sad... But I think we might be in good position to Draft McFadden/Glenn Dorsey/ or Move down

But I really hope that we beat the Sux tomorrow

We have NEVER drafted a Big Time RB, let's do that first. Then a QB then the rest linemen.

People, Jake Long will not make us a winner. I hope we don't take 6 years to develop buig linemen first.

We have no offense, no matter what linemen we draft with out a RB and QB we will lose.

We don't even have a coach or playbook at this point.

We need McFadden 1st, he wil give us what AP gave the Vikings, the rest will fall into place.

RunDMc will sell tickets, Jake Long ain't filling seats. We ned to get the dome filled and the rest will come.

We sure didn't have Jake Long when Vick was here.

in order to win the game u gotta win the battle in the trenches..its where it all starts people...bad line = bad team (in most cases) good line = great team(in most cases) jst look at dallas..their line was great and made emmitt smith unbelievable in which made their passing game so easy...although it doesnt hurt to have aikman and irvin...or rather redmond and white...:cool: :D

michaelgee (12/15/2007)
falcon_owns_nfc_south (12/15/2007)
I'm not sure .. I'm happy or Sad... But I think we might be in good position to Draft McFadden/Glenn Dorsey/ or Move down

But I really hope that we beat the Sux tomorrow

We have NEVER drafted a Big Time RB, let's do that first. Then a QB then the rest linemen.

People, Jake Long will not make us a winner. I hope we don't take 6 years to develop buig linemen first.

We have no offense, no matter what linemen we draft with out a RB and QB we will lose.

We don't even have a coach or playbook at this point.

We need McFadden 1st, he wil give us what AP gave the Vikings, the rest will fall into place.

RunDMc will sell tickets, Jake Long ain't filling seats. We ned to get the dome filled and the rest will come.

We sure didn't have Jake Long when Vick was here.

we got DJ "DA FUTURE" Shockley at QB Norwood/snelling at RB. snelling/ ovie on short yard, and norwood on the outside. we need a wide to replace jenkins, and i think we should get DJ Hall. he is 6'2/6'3, and he is WAY better than Jenkins.

tdub12 (12/15/2007)
in order to win the game u gotta win the battle in the trenches..its where it all starts people...bad line = bad team (in most cases) good line = great team(in most cases) jst look at dallas..their line was great and made emmitt smith unbelievable in which made their passing game so easy...although it doesnt hurt to have aikman and irvin...or rather redmond and white...:cool: :D

1st its Redman not redmond 2nd DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE, not that scrub redman.

we should use both 2nds to get OL. we need a LT and RG.

if we have a chance to draft darren mcfadden, we have to take him. he would bring people into the dome just like vick. we need a player people want to watch imo. we have 9 picks and we will get some more for losing kerney and maybe losing vick. we can use plenty of early draft picks on rookie lineman on both sides. i also think we are going to land either starks or fanaca and them to justin b. and 2 early rookie draft pick and are line will be much better. this is a very deap draft for lineman on both sides.

dan minnich (12/15/2007)
if we have a chance to draft darren mcfadden, we have to take him. he would bring people into the dome just like vick. we need a player people want to watch imo. we have 9 picks and we will get some more for losing kerney and maybe losing vick. we can use plenty of early draft picks on rookie lineman on both sides. i also think we are going to land either starks or fanaca and them to justin b. and 2 early rookie draft pick and are line will be much better. this is a very deep draft for lineman on both sides.

you want to put butts in seats??? PUT DJ SHOCKLEY in as QB, and win games. mcfadden i a gimmick, and they do not last long. Vick was losing his luster, and soon no matter how much he ran people wouldnt come. winning puts butts in seats.

atlndvd (12/15/2007)
I don't think anyone will ever be happy with our offensive line. All this talk earlier this season about how great guys like Blalock and Foster were looking... yet everyone on this forum says we need to clear house on the o-line?

True but great runningbacks do not carry teams to the promise land - see Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, and many, many more, these are great players surrounded by less than fair talent, it doesn't work

atlndvd (12/15/2007)
I don't think anyone will ever be happy with our offensive line. All this talk earlier this season about how great guys like Blalock and Foster were looking... yet everyone on this forum says we need to clear house on the o-line?

no not clean the house, but keep only blalock and foster, but put foster at RT, because i do not think he can handle LT. we need to get a RG and a LT in the draft.

Brutha Mike (12/15/2007)
Put in Shockley AND win games?! Is that possible?

all DJ does iw win games. he is 11-1 as a starter in the regular season, and thats in the SEC. he also heals very fast. you cant keep him down for long. HE will be our romo/brady/anderson Give him a chance, and plus he is the best option with the Line we have. heck next year we can draft a line, but they will need time to gell, because of his mobility. and he has the best arm with the Qbs we have. best arm and best mobility. we need to lock him up.

GEORGIAfan (12/16/2007)
Brutha Mike (12/15/2007)
Put in Shockley AND win games?! Is that possible?

all DJ does iw win games. he is 11-1 as a starter in the regular season, and thats in the SEC. he also heals very fast. you cant keep him down for long. HE will be our romo/brady/anderson Give him a chance, and plus he is the best option with the Line we have. heck next year we can draft a line, but they will need time to gell, because of his mobility. and he has the best arm with the Qbs we have. best arm and best mobility. we need to lock him up.

Dude, I know you've been on this DJ is da future kick for quite some time...but look at what you're saying. You're saying lock up a 1 year college starter/ 1 year NFL third stringer who will be coming back from a serious injury? It's time to come clean and say you have been joking all this time.