Monson 007 Mock Draft

monson007

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt McKay reads mocks, and I am willing to be he would laugh hysterically if he read this one. I'll pass on just about every pick here, especially the 1st two.

Jake Long is a RT, no where near deserving of a top 5 pick and all that money. And Colt Brennan with our 2nd? He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the 1st round, and probably not the 2nd either. That should be reserved for players who are NFL-ready, and Brennan is years away from starting in the NFL. No thanks.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

chris ellis going in the 5th round, thats hilarious. he is one of the top 3 senior defensive ends in this draft, and even if campbell, harvey and gholston declare he will go in the 2nd round, and probably high-mid 2nd round.

j leman should go before the 7th, it would be awesome if we could grab him there though.

as others have said, jake long is a RT in the nfl, at least in my opinion. why waste a top 3 or 4 pick on a RT when we could get glen dorsey or sedrick ellis, and help our defense transition from good to elite?

brennan in the 2nd... eh. id rather go olineman with both picks. duke robinson and alex boone would be high on my list for both picks.

in this draft, you address the RT need (which is #3 or #4 on our list of oline needs) instead of LT or DT (which are significantly higher) in the 1st, then in the 2nd, you address QB need (not a bad move, but brennan will need time to develop, at least a year if not more in my opinion) but the value for OT will be awesome in the late 1st-early 2nd, and thats where id love to cash in on an OT or two, if not a OG to play RG (which is our #2 need on the oline to LT). then, you got okam. good value pick, but he might end up going higher because of his size and run stopping ability, because he could probably play NT in a 3-4 scheme, though im not sure of that. bess is a luxury. we have roddy white and laurent robinson as two good looking young wrs, and if we add bryant johnson in facy, i dont think we should touch a WR unless we want to look at a KR in the late rounds (mikey henderson?). and i doubt bess declares anyways.

monson007 (12/15/2007)
1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

2. Frank Okam DT Texas

3. Davone Bess WR Hawaii

3. Adam Krauss OG Michigan

4. Adam Spieker C Missouri

5. Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech

6. Jason Rivers WR Hawaii

7. J. Leman ILB Illinois

If you could get off the Hawaii kick, you'd actually have a decent draft (by replacing those Hawaii guys). Although, I wouldn't be THAT upset with Brennan in the 3rd.

Only other out of place guy is Leman who is about 3 rounds too low.

Robb4242 (12/15/2007)
monson007 (12/15/2007)
1. Jake Long OT Michigan

2. Colt Brennan QB Hawaii

2. Frank Okam DT Texas

3. Davone Bess WR Hawaii

3. Adam Krauss OG Michigan

4. Adam Spieker C Missouri

5. Chris Ellis DE Virginia Tech

6. Jason Rivers WR Hawaii

7. J. Leman ILB Illinois

If you could get off the Hawaii kick, you'd actually have a decent draft (by replacing those Hawaii guys). Although, I wouldn't be THAT upset with Brennan in the 3rd.

Only other out of place guy is Leman who is about 3 rounds too low.

why is chris ellis a 5th rounder? leman might be a bit low, but ellis is a good DE prospect (top 3 in this class before junior declarations) ellis in the 5th is 3 rounds too low too, and thats assuming 3 1st round DE's declare.

Chris Ellis is a 2nd round pick.

Leman will be gone by the end of the 4th.

Bess should return for another season at Hawaii and he could easily be at least a 2nd rounder.

I'm not against taking Brennan, but I am a little skeptical. We also need to lock up Art Carmody in the 5th.

monson007 (12/16/2007)
Maybe near the ##### Christ

It may be a "Mock" draft but I don't believe in blasphemy. Sitting next to the Mona Lisa would be sufficient.:w00t:

If your mock hung beside the Mona Lisa, it would go from being priceless to being worth a dime...:P Your mocks have more bust potential than a 5 year old condom...

Actually, Jason Rivers would probably be a very good value pick. he is a 6'2" WR out a pro-style offense. And seeing as so many people on here want to release Joe Horn (understandable) and Michael Jenkins (not so understandable), we would have to draft a couple of WRs. I wonder if Rivers can return kicks.

My draft would be perfect for the Falcons. You detractors can say all you want. You have been proven wrong again and again. You are the same trolls that kept talking about the Petrino system, how Leftwich was going to Spark the club, etc. You were wrong on all counts, just as you are here.

This draft would be a step towards bringing the Falcons back to respectability.

Now go back talking about drafting Brohm because of the Petrino system...............