New HC could surprise

Doug Percival

Doug Percival (12/15/2007)
I have a sickening feeling that we could get another off the wall hire for head coach if Rich Mckay has anything to do with it this time around. After all this is the Falcons and "logical decisions" seem to take a back seat here lately.

God I hope not, we need a PROVEN LEADER

Hopefully Arthur Blank will follow his first mind and do what should have been done all along.

McKay should be shown the door.....

I have a sickening feeling that we could get another off the wall hire for head coach if Rich Mckay has anything to do with it this time around. After all this is the Falcons and "logical decisions" seem to take a back seat here lately.

Maybe Jerry Moore from App State. After all, he has three national titles in a row/:w00t:

Twinblade (12/15/2007)
McKay will get what he want, reason why he got petrino instead of singletary. If he didn't want Singletary then, I don't see him wanting singletary now.

Why ?

Cause he won't be able to pull the wool over Singletary's eyes. :pinch:

And Blank would wise up upon being exposed to a FOOTBALL guy that know's his stuff and is respected by everyone.

Plus....

(He was Blanks first choice to begin with.) And McKay talked him outta of it to get Pigtrino.

McKay will instantly be a lame duck GM upon signing Singletary and he knows it. :ermm:

McKay is a terrible GM. He needs to be fired. First things first, then we can get a HC.

This just in the Rich McKay hired Brad Glenn as the new head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Even though Brad in only in his 3rd year as the wide receiver coach at Appalachian State. McKay was confident with his choice quoted as saying "After beating Michigan at home we knew we had our man"

I didn't want to say anything, but Mckay called me last night to offer me the job for the next two seasons. I told him that after only one year of coaching the 6/7 year old team in Woodstock, Ga. I felt like I needed more time. He told me to think about it and that I could hire my entire staff---no questions asked. Anybody want a better view of the field for a couple of years?

Coach Dirty

ol_dirty2 (12/15/2007)
I didn't want to say anything, but Mckay called me last night to offer me the job for the next two seasons. I told him that after only one year of coaching the 6/7 year old team in Woodstock, Ga. I felt like I needed more time. He told me to think about it and that I could hire my entire staff---no questions asked. Anybody want a better view of the field for a couple of years? Coach Dirty

COACH DIRTY ........ YOU'DE STILL BE BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAD!:w00t:

Superfan "! (12/15/2007)
We've had enough surprises. Next HC will be Singletary. No surprise there!:)
A promotion from a 5 year LB coach to HC with ABSOLUTELY NO coordinator experience wouldn't be a surprise????? Maybe not with our hiring process, but it would be an absolute mistake for this franchise.