Norwood

H F

As we are closing in on the end of the NFL season, what the heck is the story with Norwood? In my opinion, and in many others' opinion as well, he is the #1 gamebreaker on the team, period! Why no substantial playing time? Will he start Sunday? What do I see that the coaches don't see here? Geeeez! Let the guy loose! He's a gamer! Start him Sunday, and leave him in there! Dunn's been great over the years, but the time has come for Norwood! Answers please. Thank you.

I don't get it either. The guy is the most explosive player on the team. This has been gone over a million times, and it just doesn't make sense. I wonder how things will change now that YKW#2 is gone. Perhaps Norwood's limited role was revenge for talking too much during meals or getting up to take a whiz on the plane without first raising his hand. With a new HC he's probably been pardoned. Give the man the **** ball!

I'm with you guys. Norwood needs more carries. So does Snelling. Warrick can have a rest.

Problem will continue to be that our OL can't win the battle at the line of scrimmage and can't create running lanes for anyone. That, in part, has hurt Dunn's effectiveness this season.

In spite of the OL problems, Norwood has had some exciting runs this year. Imagine what he could do with improved OL production!!!

Is it 2008 yet?;)

Brutha Mike (12/15/2007)
I don't get it either. The guy is the most explosive player on the team. This has been gone over a million times, and it just doesn't make sense. I wonder how things will change now that YKW#2 is gone. Perhaps Norwood's limited role was revenge for talking too much during meals or getting up to take a whiz on the plane without first raising his hand. With a new HC he's probably been pardoned. Give the man the **** ball!

FOR ONCE BRUTHA MIKE, I AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY WITH YOU. JUST GIVE THE MAN THE BALL!:w00t:

You will never know what he can do no matter what until you give him the carries. My biggest question, the one thing I just don't understand is how he is not getting more carries when Dunn is having a terrible year. Just look at the numbers Dunn 196 attempts, 603 yards, 3.1 avg and Norwood 75 attempts, 463 yards, 6.2 avg. I would greatly appreciate the explanation of how Dunn keeps getting the carries. In fact, if you gave Norwood the additional 129 attempts and he only got Dunn's average of 3.1 yards that would give him 400 additional yards giving him 963 yards.

NewFalcon (12/15/2007)
I'm with you guys. Norwood needs more carries. So does Snelling. Warrick can have a rest.

You are insane. Didn't you guys hear Dunn state that Petrino was the reason he couldn't run for more than 3yds this season? Warrick said Petrino have you guys thinking he can't carry the load. :D:D

Norwood is averaging around 4 ypc this year... if you take away his 4 25+ yard runs this year, he has 71 carries for 304 yards. Either way, he isn't gonna get more carries because our defense can't stop anybody, forcing us to throw to catch up. And in the games I've watched this year, everytime the ball gets handed to a RB, there's 3 defensive lineman in their face that weren't blocked at all... so how is it Dunn's fault that he's been ineffective. Look at the Saints game, everytime he got the rock he was tackled in the backfield. The offensive line can't open up ANY holes. We clearly miss Alex Gibbs right now.