Falcons Tried to Contact Bill Cowher

DerrtyBirdGirl (12/15/2007)
He declined and said he isnt coming back this season. Chris Mort said it

My theory on Cowher (once again!):

He wanted out of coaching to have more time with his kids as they finish high school.

I felt like he would be completely out of coaching for at least 2 years.

He lives in N. Carolina, so the Panthers would be a nice fit for him - family wise.

I also believe that whenever CAR gets ready to replace John Fox - that's when Cowher will return.

They could axe Fox after this year, but since Delhomme went down, he'll probably get a pass.

My prediction: Cowher is HC of the Panthers in '09

Bring him on board as a consultant for this year, so his involvement is more minimal. Let Emmitt or one of our other guys be the HC for a season, then hand it over for next season.

Why would one of our guys do that you ask? It would give them a chance to make a name for themselves and get a HC gig on another NFL or NCAA team. HC experience goes a long way.

My theory on Cowher (once again!):

He wanted out of coaching to have more time with his kids as they finish high school.

I felt like he would be completely out of coaching for at least 2 years.

He lives in N. Carolina, so the Panthers would be a nice fit for him - family wise.

I also believe that whenever CAR gets ready to replace John Fox - that's when Cowher will return.

They could axe Fox after this year, but since Delhomme went down, he'll probably get a pass.

My prediction: Cowher is HC of the Panthers in '09

My prediction exactly word for word. Cowher said he'd take 2 years away from coaching, that would play into this scenario as well.

Either way, he ain't coming here.

Can we now mark Cowher off the list?

Since when did Mort get anything right, his son is at Arkansas to be coached by Mr QUITrino. That is just SiCk! Mort has moved his kid around just like Bobby Petrino, he changed schools several times and has still GOT IT WRONG!

Or, maybe we should hire Terance Moore to Coach, he is a see-all, know-all, and is never wrong. (much)(quite often)(at least we know what his axe to grind is)

The BEST thing I like about Emmitt Thomas is his honesty. In several interviews this week Coach Thomas said he knows nothing about what the offense is doing. During QUITrino's whole tenure he was never honest even once.

Singletary is THE RIGHT LEADER for this FRANCHISE!